Capitec Bank Employee Reviews

Good Management and Development opportunities
Quality Management - Team Manager (Former Employee) –  South Africa, Cape Town9 December 2017
Great place to work. Supportive Management and clear career path. The company provided a professional work environment and really cared about all the staff.

Hardest part... was leaving such a great company.
Pros
Great company culture, Management
Process driven
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Tokai21 November 2017
Manage administration of branch
Manage sales target of branch
Manage client servicing
Sales of Banking products
Manage profit through income statement
Obtain new business opportunities
Manage investments
Coach staff
Loan analysing
Pros
Successful company
Cons
Weekend work
Good
Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bloemfontein, Free State16 November 2017
It is a good company with good values but the benefits for medical aid is bad and the prof fund aswell , the advancement oppertunities is not that good
Pros
Performance insentive every 3 months
Cons
Bad medical contribution
Fast paced environment and target driven
SERVICE CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal15 November 2017
We break down targets to daily targets to be driven on a daily basis with each client interaction or phone call made to a client. While we drive targets, we also ensure that we pit the client first by providing them with products relevant to them.

We also ensure that our service is on standard from the time the client enters the branch to the time they actual leave.
Pros
Incintives
Cons
Great first real job experience
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kokstad, KwaZulu-Natal15 November 2017
Very challenging
Good way to start your job career
Opportunity for growth
Great way to deal with clients
Great benefits
Targets keep you motivated to achieve more
Pros
Great salary and overtime
Cons
Long working hours
Productive & well organised organisation
bank teller (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng14 November 2017
great exposure for my career it develops me a lot in terms of experience & working under pressure to produce results.
meeting different clients and talk to them was a great time for me explaining different products we are having as an organisation and benefits of having it.
Pros
nop
Cons
long hours required
It's productive and challenging
Sales Consultant and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Florida, Gauteng11 November 2017
Support is not so reachable as clients hold you hostage for their monies being blocked and it take time for rhe call centre people who authorise certain things to understand your position with a client
Pros
Refund on app fes
Cons
Paid over causes fatigue
Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng10 November 2017
The is never a dull day at Capitec Bank, due to the diverse workload or duties you are bound to learn something. Everyday is challenging on its own, from our managers down to the CSC (Client Service Champion)and ATM assistant. See what most people don't realize is that continuous challenges grooms you to be perfect. From Client service, sales, marketing, Capitec Bank shapes you into a solid. Frankly if i was a business owner myself i would surely target their employees. Day by day you experience new payslips, new policies, new clients, different complains, fraud checks etc. Its the hard part of the job but in all honesty, you don't stop learning.
Pros
team awards
Cons
Long Hours
I would to work for a driven company, that drive and develop the peole skills in oeser for them to improve In the work to achieve company goals.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Western cape7 November 2017
I am young individual who is able to adjust to any work environment and build skill the help me to acchive the best results and meet targets. Hard working and self dreven individual.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
No team work
Fun place to work
Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal5 November 2017
It risky when we have to deal with fraud.. I think the part that I think Capitec can better help us as employees to be protected if they can put cameras in the branches..

Our bonus structure and incentive structures if they can review that and maybe get opinions from the staff then take if from there..
Pros
Well Trained
Cons
Salary is too low for the work we do.. And bonus structure not satisfactory

Want to know more about Capitec Bank?

Ask a question
No Job Security
Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal27 October 2017
Lovely company to work for but the job security isnt to good since you dealing with money. There is room for growth , depending which region you in..
My client are my first priority bcs i pay my pill bcs of them.
Sales consultant. Teller. Enquiries (Former Employee) –  Bloemfontein26 October 2017
I was working at standarbank as sales consultant.enquiries teller .like working with client build the relationship with my client.if my client have a problem I put my self into my client shoes
Pros
No free.lunch
nice place to work
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Welkom, Free State19 October 2017
This company is very professional in everything and giving regular training their system is user friendly all the time

They had flexible day off and leaves
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Long check lists
Goal driven and exciting
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Vryburg, North West16 October 2017
A typical day at work would be pre -planned the previous as to what needs to be done in the particular day, but you will also have the adhoc things like customer complaints that will take priority and what is left in that day to complete you can continue with the days tasks, if you don't get to everything you will plan for it for the following day.

I have learned that one must plan to work and most importantly , work the plan.

There is a common objective in place, and every manager with his dfiferent management style with get to it in their own way. Some will give you the neccesary training and support, get your buy in , will make sure, you know what is expected off you and allow you the platform to do your job. others on the other hand will micro manage you to the bone.

The culture is to focus on the people and create a healthy work environment.

The hardest part of the job was how to acquire new clients monthly, based upon the town and area you found yourself in, so basically you had to know the client base and their specific needs and how our product offer could meet that need to achieve ones objective.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the constant for growth, so one will not become board in position
Pros
Good incentive structtures, and bonuses
Cons
long trading hours
Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tembisa, Gauteng15 October 2017
We have our morning meetings for 15min. 8am sharp we are at our desks serving clients. One break in a day (lunch) for an hour and NO tea breaks in between. We check filing when there are no clients, sales and telemarketing campaigns when there are no clients. Write down every client's name set up as a data base for missed opportunities and do follow ups as per company request. At the end of the day we collect all documentation for filing purposes and we head home after 6pm. What we learn is a lot of patience goes a long way. Listening attentively to a client and their needs and we will be able to provide them with the solutions that they need at the time.

The hardest part of the job is having outside management tell you what to do, when and how when they've had little experience working around the clock with difficult clients as well as changing all systems which we are only starting to get used to then we'd have to get to know a new system and make it work before clients would get suspicious.

The enjoyable part of working here is working with a team that understands that one vision and multiple hands and minds can push targets and a vision to its fullest potential.
Pros
Choosing between time off and paid overtime
Cons
Long hours and unsatisfactory pay
workplace culture
Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal14 October 2017
Management is not great and there are not much benefits for a bank.
Workplace is great, branch life exposes you to different customers and consultants.
work day
Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Polokwane, Limpopo29 September 2017
great company to work at. It's fast paced, competitive, always changing. The culture is what makes this company and is enjoyable. The down side is the hours needed to be successful, work/life balance, and for some roles extensive travel.
Informative
Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape28 September 2017
Eye-opening, educative, food and safe working environment, supportive staff, team work driven, client service skills, continuous training to improve personal skills.
Pros
Performance incentives
job
Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng28 September 2017
Capitec Bank is an average company that is willing to give best to their employees but I think they should focus on they management structure in branches, but never the less from the company I learnt a lot from putting the client first and serving to the best of your ability and always require assistance when you need it
Pros
bonuses
energetic and active
Client Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng25 September 2017
The people in the bank are fun to work with and have an energy about them. They all willing to help you progress to achieve the targets set by management
Pros
days off
Cons
late hours