Capitec Bank Employee Reviews

nice place to work
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Welkom, Free State19 October 2017
This company is very professional in everything and giving regular training their system is user friendly all the time

They had flexible day off and leaves
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Long check lists
Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tembisa, Gauteng15 October 2017
We have our morning meetings for 15min. 8am sharp we are at our desks serving clients. One break in a day (lunch) for an hour and NO tea breaks in between. We check filing when there are no clients, sales and telemarketing campaigns when there are no clients. Write down every client's name set up as a data base for missed opportunities and do follow ups as per company request. At the end of the day we collect all documentation for filing purposes and we head home after 6pm. What we learn is a lot of patience goes a long way. Listening attentively to a client and their needs and we will be able to provide them with the solutions that they need at the time.

The hardest part of the job is having outside management tell you what to do, when and how when they've had little experience working around the clock with difficult clients as well as changing all systems which we are only starting to get used to then we'd have to get to know a new system and make it work before clients would get suspicious.

The enjoyable part of working here is working with a team that understands that one vision and multiple hands and minds can push targets and a vision to its fullest potential.
Pros
Choosing between time off and paid overtime
Cons
Long hours and unsatisfactory pay
workplace culture
Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal14 October 2017
Management is not great and there are not much benefits for a bank.
Workplace is great, branch life exposes you to different customers and consultants.
work day
Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Polokwane, Limpopo29 September 2017
great company to work at. It's fast paced, competitive, always changing. The culture is what makes this company and is enjoyable. The down side is the hours needed to be successful, work/life balance, and for some roles extensive travel.
Informative
Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape28 September 2017
Eye-opening, educative, food and safe working environment, supportive staff, team work driven, client service skills, continuous training to improve personal skills.
Pros
Performance incentives
job
Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng28 September 2017
Capitec Bank is an average company that is willing to give best to their employees but I think they should focus on they management structure in branches, but never the less from the company I learnt a lot from putting the client first and serving to the best of your ability and always require assistance when you need it
Pros
bonuses
energetic and active
Client Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng25 September 2017
The people in the bank are fun to work with and have an energy about them. They all willing to help you progress to achieve the targets set by management
Pros
days off
Cons
late hours
Fun workplace
Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Barberton, Mpumalanga20 September 2017
Capitec Bank is the best company . It teaches you to work hard not just to relax at work. If you work at this Bank you'll know that there's targets that has to be met.
Pros
Team Awards
Very good company
Service Consultant (Current Employee) –  Burgersfort, Limpopo17 September 2017
Work well as a team, patient with people, we take ownership. We learn new things everyday the people are well trained .the experience and being in control.
Productive and Hard work
CCS Enquiries Agent (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape15 September 2017
Working for a bank is exactly what i expected.

Hard work, dedication and team effort. You are working with peoples accounts so accuracy and team effort is always required to make sure that you can resolve an unhappy clients account within time frame.
Pros
Bonus
Team Leader
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Bellville13 September 2017
Interacting with Team Members and various other representative from other departments.
Drafting reports
Analyzing Data and preparing process documents
Training of new staff members
productive and teamwork
Teller (Former Employee) –  Soshanguve, Gauteng13 September 2017
I am ready to work and taking the company to another level and also hungry for success and I am a hard working lady,ready to communication with my fellow workers.
Pros
free lunch
Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Heidelberg, Gauteng7 September 2017
Capitec bank gave the opportunity to start a career , I started off as a client service champion , managing the floor , directing clients to the correct service point & welcoming them at the door. I worked my way up to be a service consultant , my daily job was to issue loans open accounts , do transactions & telesales I was also a teller.
Pros
17 cheques a year
Cons
Long working hours
workplace culture could improve
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Alberton, Gauteng6 September 2017
The work was too routine for me. I, however, learnt a lot about customer service and customer behaviour. Capitec management and culture was fair though the salary was meagre.
Pros
proximity to home
Cons
I trust education could be considered when remunerating staff
Great company,
Helpdesk Agent (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng31 August 2017
Great company, I would recommend for anyone who's interested. Help guaranteed to employees from employer and guaranteed growth only if you are a hard worker.
Hard working environment
Sales consultant (Former Employee) –  Pongola, KwaZulu-Natal29 August 2017
It's not that bad working there it's just that you are expected to do so many things and learn at the same time. There is too much pressure because you have to meet targets
Fun workplace
ATM assistant (Former Employee) –  KwaZulu-Natal mkuze29 August 2017
I was willing to learn more than being an ATM assistant so it so unfortunate for that the did not intrude it self because of short period of time that I associated with the company but I had lots of experience regarding working together with other people and in terms of clientele
productive
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng21 August 2017
working at Capitec bank is amazing no hard times i have learned a lot in banking improved on my skills eg. computer and call skills. The challange is the shifts.
Short overview
Consultant/Teller (Former Employee) –  Western Cape18 August 2017
Teller and consultancy
Working with client
Management okay
Satisfying clients and meeting their expectations
Meeting new people and building relationships
Pros
Good work ethic
atm assistant (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng18 August 2017
Their times when the branch is busy and team work helps us provide better customer service, I worked during times which the branch was expecting an influx of customers especially on fridays and month ends