City of Cape Town Employee Reviews

productive, learn alot engineering ralated work
learner technician (Current Employee) –  cape town western cape15 January 2018
•Works with Project Engineering to ensure the reliability and maintainability of new and modified installations. The Reliability Engineer is responsible for adhering to the Life Cycle Asset Management process throughout the entire life cycle of new assets.
•Participates in the development of design and installation specifications along with commissioning plans. Participates in the development of criteria for and evaluation of equipment and technical suppliers and technical maintenance service providers. Develops acceptance tests and inspection criteria.
Fun
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape15 January 2018
Staff was like family, always concerned about one another. Management was very supportive. Environment was always fun. Job rotation was 1 of the highlights as it gave you a much broader insight to how the City operates.
Excellent.
Play Leader (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape10 January 2018
Working for the City of Cape Town was something special. Their strive for excellence within whatever they're doing for the communities is something to admire. Their commitment to making a difference is truly what drive their hard work and quality outcomes.
Pros
Loads of opportunities.
Cons
Long hours.
Productive Work Plan
Head of Department (Current Employee) –  Western Cape, Cape Town10 January 2018
As a typical PM, I review my To-Do List to see if what was planned the previous day was completed and thereafter plan for the day.

Review my staff tasks and engage where required
Have a meeting with a team to review our task and identify priorities
- Deal with sensitive matter with the team or individual
- ensure that the team understand their tasks

Engage management with issues/achieements
Engage with customer/client

Ensure that all staff members are comfortable with the work environment.
Pros
Team Building
Cons
Prepared to work long hours
Productive workplace
Access Controller, clerk (Former Employee) –  South Africa9 January 2018
You get to meet new people each day from different race and places which is very exciting to wanna get up for work eveyday
And to just wanna do ur best
Pros
Nice hours
Cons
Season time long hours without breaks
productive and
handy man (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape9 January 2018
I learned to wrk under pressure,i enjoy to overtime simply bc give me time to do my job our management where good to us all and they are very friend treat us nicely
Pros
if is overtime we get something
Cons
long hour
good working condition
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape9 January 2018
i have worked here since 2011 as a intern i learned a lot about working with teams and clients , i worked with a manger that understood how it is to be a wife and a working mother , the hardest part of my job was travelling to and from working and getting training and development . the enjoyable part is the group of people i worked with we worked as a team and understood each other very well.
Pros
healthcare package
Cons
management
fun workplace and productive
Operational supervisor driver (Former Employee) –  meltonrose eersteriver8 January 2018
always meet the deadline of any job.Enjoy working cause you learn everyday something new.management treat you like you are the most important person.The hardest part of the job is if there are slags and it gets hard to reach the deadline but always up for new chalengers.
fun place
EPWP Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape5 January 2018
I loved it so much fun and good memories. It's the most professional environment you can every work in. The bosses are strict but its good. Its a good way to gain experience in such a place.
Pros
hour lunches
Cons
nothing really
Productive and busy working place
Spokes Person /Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Paardeneiland, Western Cape3 January 2018
What can I say, working for the City of Cape Town was a pleasure. I learned such alot of different things at different places because we use to travel to all kinds of places on a daily places. From schools, city hall, sports field, swimming baths, beaches, etc.. we did Public Awareness at all these places informing people of our country of the importance of RECYCLING. To clean up all the dumping sites is costing the City R8 000 000 (million) which could be used for schools or hospitals etc..
Pros
Free Training, Free Lunches, Free Business Classes
Cons
No Cons
Fun and productive workplace
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Civic Centre2 January 2018
It's great working for the City of Cape Town and servicing its residents. I've learnt a lot during my time there and have gained knowledge on the services and how to utilize all applications. The workplace is a comfortable environment and I don't have any regrets working at the call centre.
Pros
Free snacks on certain occasions
Cons
Working certain weekends
fun at work
Audit Professional Officer (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape27 December 2017
A typical day at work,we go out and audit all the department at city and we come back and do our report

its a friendly culture environment at city
Pros
no free lunc
Cons
no long hours
even though i didn't get paid it was a great experience
Volunteer Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  City of Cape Town, Western Cape27 November 2017
Scorching hot sun, kids running around when they know they shouldn't run around the pool. Constant jokes with the team. Taking a swim when the pool closes down for the day.

I learned a lot about first aid and how to stay calm in messy situations as well as to prevent accidents by observing hazards in or around the pool area.

The hardest part of the job was when the kids didn't listen or when they got hurt after you told them not to do something

The best part was the joy on the kids faces when we opened the pool in the morning and just being able to watch them have the time of their lives.
Pros
being able to go swim when ever you want. Kids calling you a role model.
Cons
Sunburn and headaches from sitting in the sun whole day
productive but stressfull
Admin Clerk (Current Employee) –  Somerset West, Western Cape23 November 2017
Working for the city of Cape Town is great and enjoyable but the only thing that need to improve is the progress of the staff, promotion and advancement, it's so easy to stay in one position for many years without knowing if you will ever get the promotion.
benefits
Cons
stressful
productive fun work place
EPWP Worker (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape17 November 2017
enjoyed every day work hard play hard deep cleaned the halls,civic centers and yards from walls to floors was just a one month contract but my name is on data base
Pros
hours
Cons
It is good to work at this mentioned company above because they are training an individual to be able to handle pressure at work place
Library assistant (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape16 November 2017
- Managing work accordingly.
- Being able to work under supervision and unsupervised.
- Being friendly to the client and treat them with respect.
- Achieving my KPI's as per request
Pros
If the is offering such to the employees
Cons
8 hours
very productive and energetic
Student (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape14 November 2017
a very committed self driven male with positive attitude and great sense of humor .like working with team , good with customer service and meets the deadlines
Pros
free lunch
Cons
normal hours
no growth
Admin Officer (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape6 November 2017
It is good to work for the company but for me there is no career growth. it is not taken into consideration the fact that you have servicing the number of years in one position and also the fact that you have qualification greater that the position occupied. it is demoralizing to work in such an unrecognizing environment.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no challenge
Assisting in life threatening situations
Basic Ambulance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape3 November 2017
Learning about how to help people that are injured in accidents and all other dangers. It becomes a good feeling at the end of the day knowing that you were involved in a team that has saved a life.
Pros
overtime
Enjoyable
Assistant Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape2 November 2017
Capturing assessment scripts
Data capturing
Professional and great with employees
Productive and working towards service delivery
Capturing 1000+ scripts