De Beers Employee Reviews

Working hard everyday, Safety is our number one priority.
Boilermaker/Welder (Current Employee) –  Kroonstad, Free State10 September 2017
Work smart and be sure you work safely on everything you do .
We ensure that even though the work load but zero harm is achievable, De Beers has five years of Fatality free. It is a good experience by been part of Anglo American at De Beers Voorspoed.
Transfomation from varsity to working culture
Junior Tech (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape3 July 2017
This is where i transformed from a student to a working life being able to manage people and decide on the plan of action. I worked myself from trainee to a S.Tech responsible for all aspects of maintenance and plant upkeep.
Extremely Productive
Senior Mining Operator currently acting supervisor (Current Employee) –  Free State5 June 2017
Everyday is a learning day at work as the mining industry changes and the pit changes all the time. one has to be fully aware of your surroundings at all time because hazards are everywhere and injury can occur at any given time if your mind is not on the task at hand.
At De Beers we practice ZERO HARM which we have proven that it is achievable with our no fatality and list time injury free production.
Pros
The exposure to learn everyday
Quality Controller (Current Employee) –  Musina, Limpopo10 May 2017
Love the work that I'm doing daily n willing to learn everyting and I can work under pressure at anytime can move everywhere in the world if it need to
Pros
I can have my luch
Cons
I can work long
World Class Company
Supply Chain Officer (Purchasing) (Former Employee) –  Kimberley, Northern Cape18 April 2017
Safety come first. To ensure that you and your colleagues work safe. I obtain 15 years experience in Supply Chain environment at De Beers. The company always assist you to improving yourself and uplift you, to be able to achieve your goals. Excellent management. There was no hardest part of your job, management assist where you fall short. The most enjoyable part of my job was work satisfaction and appreciation for management and ens-users for the hard work and effort that you put into your daily job.
Pros
Bonuses paid
Productive and fun experience
Metallurgist in training (Current Employee) –  Musina, Limpopo15 April 2017
everyday job is to monitor the plant and do quality assurance. In cases where there is a plant delay or machine breakdown I then do ivestigations (root cause anaylisis) and come up with solurions ( small group discussions with collegues).

One of the most impotant thing that I have learned is safety and efficiency. do not compromise safety at the cost of ones life.

It is very important to listen to fellow colleagues and guide each other when one is blind. The culture is that everyone is a leader, therefor take accoutability for everything you do.

The hardest part of the job is when conviencing supporting departments on work I want to be done but they already having a negative mindset about it. The most enjoyable part of the Job is when all department work as a team towards a common goal , being it a project or achieving production targets at most efficient way.
Pros
Good/excellent job is recognised and appriciated
Cons
12 hours shift work
World Class Company.
Superintendent Services. (Former Employee) –  Venetia Mine (Limpopo).2 April 2017
Many Challenges and always different ones.
Being part of a 5 Star Team.
Celebrating our success.
To be able to work in a safe environment.
To know that I am missed.
Pros
Excellent Package.
Cons
That I could not remain working longer and had to go off at 60.
Good company to work for
Senior supply chain ckerk (Former Employee) –  Lime Acres, Northern Cape19 March 2017
Good hours.Good people.culture not a problem.if you come across a problem you just ask and they help you.ri really love to work for Debeers. Benefit good
workplace
General worker (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape2 March 2017
i did really enjoy working there because they payed much money i even afford somethings that i did at first i worked long hours there 7 to 7 Monday to Sunday and the problem was that the was not an single off that you get when working there.
Pros
buy lunch for your self
HSES Management
HSES Advisor (Former Employee) –  Gauteng11 February 2017
Professional and well structures companies.

State of art equipment and best training.

Gained a lot of experience and companies worthwhile being associated with / working for.
Pros
Excellent leaders, systems and processes.
Cons
Non
Productive and exciting working environment
Manager, Supplier Development (Former Employee) –  Gauteng4 October 2016
The job entails Strategies, Models formulation and implementation. The People Management as a critical element as the key enablers and most importantly the stakeholder management.
productive and fun workplace
senior mining operator (Current Employee) –  Limpopo10 September 2016
productive , fun workplace,good management and wonderful co-workers, enjoyable is my job that I am doing but I need to relocate and work in other area
the environment is accommodative n friendly.
Mining Operator (Current Employee) –  Kroonstad, Free State26 August 2016
I have learned a lot about safety, my safety and safety of others as is our priority. another thing is quarterly bonuses we get and the courses we do as I have Competed A . The management is friendly for us .
Pros
we bring our own lunch
Cons
we work 12 hours shifts 4 days in and 4 days off .
High intensity workplace with great management
Category Manager (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng23 August 2016
Management involved and committed.
Culture of progressive improvement.
Forward thinking.
Competitive.
Focus on business improvement.
Passionate about employees.
Pros
Good Medical Aid. Lunch served daily.
Cons
High pressure environment. Mines located far from town - high level of travel required.
mechanical foreman (Former Employee) –  Northern Cape7 July 2016
Responsible for safety related work.
Risk assessments, overall inspections
Manage safety reps
Promote safety on job
Team work
To get every one to buy in to safety standards
Work satisfaction
Family Company
Senior Human Resources Officer - Systems (Current Employee) –  Kroonstad, Free State14 June 2016
I enjoy my job very much. Next year I will have 25 years service with the company and I am proud to be part of this family of companies.
I have a lot of interaction with management and co-workers and are a good team player. The best part of my job is that I have a big variety of duties and do not get board for doing the same thing over every month. The hardest part is to meet deadlines specially when you depend on other people. I have learned to take responsibility for my own duties and to assist if need be to reach deadlines. I have also learned to have balance between my work and personal life and to ensure to always be professional.
Pros
Bus service for travelling
Cons
30 kilometers out of town
Productive workplace
Senior Safety / Training Officer - Finsch Mine (Former Employee) –  Kimberley, Northern Cape2 May 2016
A market leader in the mining industry,De Beers is an absolute top class company to work for. Management has the highest integrity and the company develop the full potential of its employees.
Pros
Free lunches
Productive, Effecient day
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng23 April 2016
A typical day involves review of transaction, planning for month forecast and ensuring that scheduled payments to suppliers goes according to plan.

My co-workers are responsible for processing of invoices and Journals. Performing depreciation manual tests and performing sundry payments and resolving any ad-hoc queries

The hardest part of the job is ensuring invoices are received on time before month-end, to avoid deviation from forecast.
Highly productive workplace
Senior Project Metallurgist (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape18 April 2016
Highly efficient and talented people (colleagues and management). the projects are always executed on stretch targets and within budget and therefore meeting deadlines is key.

There is high sense of professionalism, responsibility and accountability which creates a culture of self-drive.
Pros
Performance Bonuses, Flexible Office Hours
Cons
Productive. Excellent team work.
Survey Officer (CADD) (Current Employee) –  Kroonstad, Free State11 April 2016
My daily jobs depends on different stakeholders request. The stakeholders includes mining, engineering, plant, and different contractors.
The management here is very good. They interact very well with the employees.
I have the best collegues in the world. We're a very small team of 6 so we're like one small family.
A satified customer makes me enjoy my job the most.