Ethekwini Municipality Employee Reviews

Generally,there was good experience,challenges resulting to work development
Acting Deputy sister-in-charge (Former Employee) –  Impola Clinic9 May 2017
TYPICAL DAY-prepargoodation:stock,staff supervision and allocation
LEARNED:Made sure the clinic functioned well
MANAGEMENT:staff conflicts,staff key performance
HARDEST JOB PART:productivity,quality inspite of staff shortage
MOST ENJOYABLE PART:seeing clients happy and recovered/problems solved
Pros
Day duty and no night duty
Cons
Overcrowding with staff shortage
unfortunately I'm not in a productive department but it's an amazing workplace platform.
firefighter (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal6 May 2017
First and foremost you have too love what you doing,I loved to be a firefighter.being in that particular department is an honour it filled with respect love and enjoyment,since it is semi military.
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
yep long hours off work
professional nurse (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal4 May 2017
I love the working environment and opportunities since its a one stop shop. Sometimes I feel limited.what I don't like is the attitudes of the manager's if you are capable for example have same or more qualifications they feel threatened and bully you
Pros
Learning opportunities
Cons
Managent skills poor
Productive and innovative working environment
Senior Professional Planner (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal26 April 2017
• Advising developers, public, government organizations, parastatals, NGO’s, Council and internal departments on development processes and planning policies.
Pros
Quality of life
Cons
Long distance from core family
Team work
General Assistant-Pharmacy (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal19 April 2017
I am an honest hard worker who is willing an eager to earn more.I am helping in capturing patients files also filing,photocopying and faxing.Also answering telephone calls
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Paid overtimes
productive and fun workplace
sale executive (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal18 April 2017
To provide an efficient deliver services to the municipality .Deliver and collect mail /document distribute all correspondence to unit staff.responsible for tea making and preparering. Refreshment
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long hour
fun work place
building inspector (Current Employee) –  KwaZulu-Natal31 March 2017
the most enjoable part of the job is that we work out on site and come back afternoon at office condacting inspections. the hardest part is when you are dealing with a difficult client. I've learne to be calm when you facing diffucult client because at times they swear at you but you have tobe calm.
Pros
45 munites lunch
Cons
40 hours per week
An ambitious Person
Senior Commitee Officer (Current Employee) –  KwaZulu Natal Durban30 March 2017
Success-orientated with high energy and positive attitude, with a strong sense of responsibility and self-motivation, great problem solver and team player with the ability to work independently
Pros
conjusive working environment
Cons
Flexibility
big learning and professional organisation
HR Staff Assistant (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal23 March 2017
I am currently working at EThekwini Municipality and I have completed a year but I have learned a lot in terms of gaining an experience of strong administration skills, handling customer complains, interviewing skills, initiating disciplinary enquiry, capturing accuracy information in a system, etc. The most enjoyable part at work is when we go to consultative meeting, training, we assist employees and the recruitment process. My job is not hard because I can handle very well working under pressure and I can meet deadlines
Productive and fun
field worker supervisor (Former Employee) –  KwaZulu-Natal22 March 2017
At the time of my employment here i learnt alot about people skills and co-operation not only as employee but also working with the public. As you know Ethekwini Municipality is very broad and not everyone understands that there is different departments but aspects you to have an answer for every question that they may have.
Ethekwini municipality is a great company to work for as you are engaging with different people every day and that entails different challenges.
Pros
Knowlwedge
Cons
Takes too long to resolve queries/ Efficiency is lacking
Principal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal4 March 2017
Ethekwini Municipality is a good industry the only thing is does it's limits your exposure and interms of promotion not quiet good.

Interms of productive it delivers since we mostly deal with the public and internal customers.

On the fun working place it's tries by all means to create an enjoyable and fun place by having team buildings
Pros
No pressure environment
Cons
Not so easy promotions
a place where to learn agrow at
survey assistant (Former Employee) –  ethekwini municipality2 March 2017
This is the place that give yo the opportunity to choose life you wanna live.it was fun and I did enjoy my time there.and I have learned so much there
Pros
full of choices
Cons
good services
Fun work place
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pinetown, KwaZulu-Natal9 February 2017
My experience working for EThekwini Municipality was quite huge because we were dealing mostly with the public and it really sharpened my communication skills. We were a family. Management had an open door policy so it was easy to work with them because they were honest and transparent. We worked as a team. I enjoyed my year working with them
Pros
Fridays free lunch and drinks
Cons
Inconsistent hours of work
• Good communication (verbal and written) skills
Data Capture (Former Employee) –  KwaZulu-Natal Durban2 February 2017
Controlling the Skills development Programmes including the preparation of vouchers, recovery of fees and monitoring the budget for Skills development Scheme, Controlling all study leave.
Pros
normal lunches
Cons
normal hours
Great experience
Debt administrator (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal26 January 2017
Moving from one internal department to another made working at the municipality thoroughly enjoyable. The staff are very friendly and helpful as well.
Pros
Learn new things everyday, annual increase and bonus offered
productive and well planned
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  kzn26 January 2017
A productive well organized day. There is something to learn everyday. Management they are doing what they can. Its a good working culture but I want more Im tired of doing the same thing everyday.Its to work without necessary resources. when Customers are happy and when they are stating the reason they not happy with the service I have rendered because its a learning curve I learn day In day out.
Pros
time off
productive work
field worker (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal23 January 2017
It was great working there and my contract ended.I learned to work with both Managers and my colegues without any disagreement but understanding each others values. It was a multiracial ,I didnt find any job difficult.I really enjoyed working with the members of the community doing face to face interviews and filling up questionnares.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Productive organization full of exciting colleagues dedicated in their work
Public Relations Officer (Former Employee) –  Durban, KZN20 January 2017
I've obtained and imparted expertise. Cultivated positive relationship with the community through public relations campaigns, coached less experienced public relations staff members on corporate communications practices. Established cooperative relationship with representatives of the community, consumer, employee and public interest, lastly I've managed all media press and public relations issues.
Pros
Free Coffee
work place
Motor Mechanic in-service Training (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal14 January 2017
it was my first time working as an artisan assistant,i started working there while i was studying at coastal kzn fet college doing my level 3 Automotive repaire and maintanance corse,working there was very nice beacause of the divesity of the workplace.
Good Government
community mobiliser (Former Employee) –  community participation13 January 2017
Well netted government. Creating & making an impact in communities. Great experience with diverse communities. Better understanding the municipality & acts the municipality is governed by. Phenomenal department with experienced staff.
Pros
Good work ethics
Cons
weekend work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ethekwini Municipality. Our community is ready to answer.

4,0