FirstRand Employee Reviews

Productivity work place
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal6 April 2017
Their were so demanding when it come to sales and even if u rich your target they were go start blaming you with some silly this you didn't do them intentionally
Pros
Normal
Cons
Normal
Fnb was a place where employees are challenged daily but have fun trying to get a day's work done.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Claremont, Western Cape22 February 2017
Working in a bank was exciting as everyday brought different situations and challenges which I would need to deal with as quickly as possible. I learned that my client was the most important person who would need to be dealt with respect, empathy and professionalism. Having learned and been trained extensively, I found that Management was there to steer the business in the right direction, and that I was to use my skills to service my clients' needs. I only referred problems to Management after all other avenues had been explored. At Fnb, there was a strong work place culture where we treated everyone with respect, all were equal, we took ownership of a problem even if it was not ours.
The hardest part of my job was to serve clients as quickly and efficiently as possible despite factors like staff shortages and to not let the shortages reflect in the quality of my service. It was a constant problem but it challenged me to find quicker and more efficient ways to deal with clients.
Working with clients was so rewarding! It was like reading a new book with every client. Getting to know the different types of clients was interesting and I enjoyed turning difficult clients into people who would only want to deal with me.
Due to the present tough economy staff were reduced in many branches which made it extremely difficult to deliver outstanding service to queues of clients with few people to serve them.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Working on Saterdays and overtime
Poor management starting at the TOP
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Cape Town27 November 2016
Specific rating is for First National Bank under leadership of the new CEO. The actual ethics and values of FNB are excellent but they are not practiced. Management are bosses and not leaders. Their is also no understanding of what happens in a branch and performance criteria or requirements does not match what actually happens. No work life balance. Consistent lack of leadership and ethical values. Caring about employees is not a factor in running of the organization.
Cons
long working hours, little or no lunch hours
Healthy Work Environment
Risk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP30 September 2015
FirstRand is one of the best Banks in AFRICA, and the owner culture management environment works for the staff and encourage them to work smart and deliver.
It has a huge opportunity to impact our Diverse Country and Nation with it"s customer Innovations
Financial Planner (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, WC3 September 2013
I use to work in Plumstead and Constantia and the market is totally opposite to the market in Mowbray. There is alos room for client education and empowermnent, however as a commission earner only I spend most of my time educating rather than selling. I am a strong peoples person and could get caught up in the empowerment of people rather than the monthly sales and targets that need to be made.

I enjoy my work and it allows me to experience diversity of persons, careers and work environments as I build relationships with my clients to also ensure their well-being as well as a successful practice.

The down side of it is that I cannot be ill or take a break as when I don't work I also do not earn.
Pros
Roadshows and team building sessions
Cons
Business or transactions can only be conducted during banking hours
Deadline Driven, Extremely easy to get along with, Achievement Driven , Ability to use own initiative and Exceptional Performer
Specialist Auditor (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg19 April 2013
• Leading and participating in audit reviews, delivering audit outputs including final reports within agreed timescales and in accordance with Internal Audit Standards.
• Conducting preliminary surveys of the areas and processes under review, obtaining detailed knowledge of the processes in order to establish the scope of the audits.
• Process summaries and flowcharts;
• Risk assessment: Determining business risks and controls relevant to the processes.
• Determining and identifying control weaknesses
• Documenting recommendations for control improvements
• Performing of the audit fieldwork in terms of the audit program.
• Drafting of the audit report, including the executive summary and detailed audit findings highlighting the relevant control weaknesses, risks and recommendations, including management’s comments on the findings.
• Liaising effectively with the internal audit manager to ensure that changes in scope or reporting timetable are agreed and that quality review work is performed at appropriate times in the audit.
• Liaising effectively with clients at departmental level to ensure efficient completion of individual reviews.
• Carrying out debriefs with department managers to communicate the results of the internal audit reviews, and ensuring that the scales and scopes of the deliverables resulting from audit recommendations are adequately understood.
• Populating Teammate with good quality planning, fieldwork and reporting material on a timely basis.
• Participating in internal departmental work and key standing tasks such as Board and Audit Committee reporting, as
  more... requested.
• Evaluating and monitoring of corrective actions taken to address control weaknesses identified.
• Script Analysis (SQL, Oracle, Windows, Unix, Postgress, AS400)
• Performing IT audits (TGCRs)
Pros
24 hour access
Cons
low salary