Golder Associates Employee Reviews

Long Hours, Good Job Satisfaction
IT User Support Director (Former Employee) –  Gauteng South Africa17 January 2017
Within IT and the company being Global normal working hours per week were more than 55 hours per week due to global conference calls. The working environment in South Africa became more difficult die to the turn in the economy which had an impact on mining which in turn had an impact on the company.

Even though working hours are high the company was full supportive of working from when required.
Great Learning Experience
Student Technician (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape27 June 2016
I had a great experience at this company. I mostly done designing, detailing and quantities. I enjoyed the problem solving part of the work, this was also the hardest part of the job because i was faced with problems that i have not covered at varsity yet. I was always eager to learn and the engineers were always ready to teach.
Pros
flexible hours
Team orientated environment
BUA and Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng17 May 2016
Administration of Business Unite and Team through applying project management skills made my life so much easier.

Most enjoyable part worked within and amazing team.

Most challenging part was supporting and managing a multi disciplinary team over three countries.
Pros
Professional well qualified team
Cons
Very little resources
Golder Associates is a great place to work with professionals from many different fields
Environmental scientist/hydrogeologist (Current Employee) –  Bloemfontein, Free State20 April 2016
I love traveling and Golder provides me with the opportunity to see my country in a whole new light.

I really enjoy working at Golder as all the employees are committed, highly trained, skilled and are more than willing to lend a helping hand when faced with new and confusing concepts.
Pros
Great working environment
I work with kind, humble and knowledgeable people. That makes my work easy as i'm able to approach them with any challenge I face.
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP26 August 2015
Golder is a good company to work for. I have learnt a lot during my stay and i'm still progressing. The only reason i'm looking elsewhere is that i'm in a contract training program. I would also like to enrich my knowledge in other chemical engineering related fields.The work environment at Golder is also favorable, ie, the people are highly professional.
Pros
They have good work ethics.
Cons
big company, its difficult to know everyone.
Very good company to work for
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, GP10 March 2015
Golder is a very good company to work for, but the economy hit us very hard. We all need to follow our dreams and built your own career in the field where your calling lies.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Job security
Family-oriented company
Travel Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Midrand, GP13 September 2013
Had liked the job but had very difficult to please boss,
Started company's own guest house which sometimes caused overbookings when other departments/ supervisors called boss to arrange,
Liked co-workers quite well and did many team-building events,
Hardest part was to keep track of all travellers at all time as company did extensive work in Africa,
Team-building days were best.
Pros
Contacts built up in Travel Industry
Cons
Night-time calls when people were in foreign countries