Hilton Employee Reviews

Healthy working environment with dedicated staff
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pietermaritzburg15 August 2017
Everyday is different, one does not know what will enter the door next. We have over 500 vibrant scholars of all cultures and back rounds for whom we care for medically(illness, emergencies, sports injuries), as well as emotional and psychological support.
Very good group - lots of career oppertunitys
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal4 May 2017
Enjoyed working for the Hilton Durban Hotel.
Was long Hours - but you meet a lot of VIP and International people.
Hilton is willing to give you the training and develop the staff.
You get meals during your shifts,
Pros
Staff discounts, Good working exp. Internation Group
Cons
Long Hours
skill Development Place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal21 January 2017
Hilton is a 5 star Hotel and one of the best in RSA. Working for such line can only make you a better person. All I did there was to learn and further develop my skills in administrative duties and people handling.
Pros
free transport
Cons
hilton hotel it was a warm place that everyone would love to work with
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Gauteng16 December 2016
I am 24 years old women. I started working in hilton hotel in the big event which called Durban July. I was a banquetin waitress most of the time although I was working in different derpatment, meetings, restaurant, as well as big function.I am hard working person who always have eager to grow and develop in the work place.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours if it's budu
Challenging work place
Head Waiter (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal28 November 2016
A working environment that brought out the best in people in order for them to use their talent and personality. Competetive team work and fun while pushing the business to the next level and well managed .
Pros
transport and lunch
Cons
Motivational, lifestyle orientated team based work environment
Freelance Stylist/Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng27 November 2016
Nominated best company to work for several times, indicating the excellence with which business affairs were conducted.
productive and fun work place
Contract Worker (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal24 November 2016
i liked both places , i never had a bad experince with management neither the co-workers . i learnt a lot - how to deal with a difficult customers , thrilling service and how to handle the floor. the hardest part is to deal with difficult customers.what i liked about it is to work with people , i love working with people.
Pros
Hilton yes free lunch
Cons
sibaya yes long hours
the working environment
trainee (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal22 November 2016
The overall experience was amazing as i got to practice my time management skills and i learnt what the industry is all about but most importantly i got to practice how to work with the different characters of customers as well as workers and it all worked out to be a phenomenon experience, even though it was hard to perform supervisors duties as i was not used to them i ended up completing my work in record time.What i enjoyed the most was the feeling of being in the work place after such a long time of seating in the desk, and also being able to see the happy reactions that that the customers had after being satisfied with the product sold to them.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no transportation fee
Excellent place to work in with wonderful team member and management
Accounts Payable Clerk and General Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape12 November 2016
When I was still a trainee and I had an argument with the chef.
I've learned that no matter how nice you can be or try to be , not everyone will like you at work.
Excellent management from the GM down to Supervisors.
Wonderful team members who are always willing to help and learn and we're currently cross training in order to grow more.
When I had to meet my deadline in such little time and pressure is very high but I manage to pull it off.
The most enjoyable part is when I manage to finish all my creditors and await them for loading on bank prior to month end
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Long hours on month end and working on weekends
Having funny every break time
Waiter (Former Employee) –  South Africa30 October 2016
Good platform to learn

Gave me an opportunity to explore at least 2 departments by
cross training

Going out as department every end of the year

I had a manager that was very push full every time but I realized it was for my best interest
Pros
You can do E-learning whenever you are free for any course
Cons
They gave us health care every once in while
Productive, Exciting and very Interesting
HR Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng26 October 2016
A typical day at work:
It was very busy, but it was good to be at work.

What you have learned:
That my team members are the greatest asset to the business

Management:
The old management encourage change and they had the bottom up approach, which made an immense difference to the way managment look at the running of the business.

Your co-workers:
Our team member were amazing. We were like one big family. We all pulled together when it was needed. There was a very low turnover of staff.

The hardest part of the job:
The lack of honesty with the new management who came on board, which broad conflict when issues were confronted.

The most enjoyable part of the job:
Meeting our guests and team members needs and they were happy at the end of the day. That was the most fulfilling part of my job
Pros
Team Members and the Environment
Cons
Change of Management and they lacked honesty
good working place
Waiter (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal29 August 2016
Hilton is a best place to be, they are so professional, welcoming, and hospitable, I've learnt so much at Hilton through their online courses, workshops and internal training.
Pros
free lunch
Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal25 April 2016
Hectic from the time you start till you end at 5pm. Constantly busy with queries. i enjoy working with accounts, but there is no direction and management just expect you to do.
Pros
lunch supplied by hotel
Cons
no benefits
fun wokplace
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng21 April 2016
best hotel world wide, learned a lot and get more experience yes it was fun enjoy working with my co-workers and my boss was very helpful and grow us.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
normal hours
Reception
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal29 March 2016
When its busy over booked its when I get frustrated but as the night goes but I have learned to arrange a backup as soon as i start my shift encase every guest show up. the hardest part is when we are offline and do everything manual because we have lots of rooms you have to be careful not to give 2 different guest the same room but i have learned to manage that.
Fun enviroment
F&B Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Durban, ZN18 January 2016
•Supervise Food & Beverage Outlet operations

•Communicate and delegate tasks to the team

•Ensure compliance of brand standards

•Manage guest queries in a timely and efficient manner

•Represent needs of the team

•Assist F&B management with achieving financial targets

•Assist F&B management with training and development of team members

•Assist with annual and mid-year appraisals with team members under your responsibility

•Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation

•Be environmentally aware

•Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
great company
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape1 December 2015
Hilton is an amazing company to work for.
A typical work day would be checking in and out guest.
the hardest part is having to tell a guest that we are overbooked and the are going to another hotel
Pros
free breakfast and lunch
Fun workplace, Productive
Assistant Business Partner (Former Employee) –  East London, EC3 November 2015
Such a pleasant work environment and a pleasure working with my customers. Everyday is an opportunity to grow and meet new people.
productive work enviroment, with amazing staff
Visual merchandising/ premioum stylist (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP26 October 2015
great working environment, especially for students, who need experience in retail. great team members to work with. Very supportive team that are genuinely concerned about your growth and experience in the retail industry. most enjoyable part of working at Hilton was the management, you were made to feel welcomed and treasured
It is a great place to work at and you have job satisfaction.
Senior Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Durban18 August 2015
Its a great place to work at management always willing to assist and acknowledge staff. We have special days to acknowledge all departments. Its entertaining and some times stressful to work here, but no difference to any other major company. Room for growth and prosperity.
Pros
Free meals, discount on stays at other Hilton hotels
Cons
Guest is always right.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.

4,0