Media24 Employee Reviews

Productive and interesting
Intern Student (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng5 October 2017
Nice place to start a career
Energetic staff
Understanding managers
Few opportunities for growth
Some employees are not happy with their salary
Perfect mentors
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Few advancement opportunities
Fast and creative environment
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloemfontein, Free State5 October 2017
Very high paced environment. Creative environment to work in. Great team of people to associate with. Very unsure of future. Slow to change and implement.
Pros
Discount on DSTY
Cons
High stress
Good company to work for
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  bloemfontein freestate3 September 2017
Good company to work at but promotion to management level not good.however I was a branch manager in the Goldfields.I won most improved sales consultant national award in 2010.Companies done exeptionally in sales when I was a consultant there.I had done cold calling,face to face meetings and presentations with prospective advertisors and build up a good client database and network.
Pros
pension, medical aid, shares, 13th cheque
Cons
not very open for opinions from junior employees
creative environment and great for personal growth
Admin Clerk (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng17 August 2017
I was a customer service consultant and an office administrator. I dealt with incoming calls, responding to emails and administration. Normal day at work will be to distribute daily orders to my team, check on all urgent matters, plan my day according to my diary. Calculate, balance and printing of invoices, checking on stock available before making necessary bookings out, tracking and tracing of deliveries with couriers. The workplace was very busy thus allowing minimal interactions with other staff members, the enjoyable part of my journey there was during book reviews and author visits.The hardest part was not meeting your deadlines thus creating work to carry over. My experience there taught me to work in a fast paced environment, pay attention to detail and to do it right the first time.
Pros
The interactions with the authors involved
Cons
The area location of the company
Junior Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Sandton, Gauteng29 June 2017
The company overall is a good company to work for. Not much space (encouragement)for growth, very deadline driven not a normal 9-5.

Offers good benefits H.r department very efficient.
Pros
Very laid back atmosphere easy going and no strict dress codes
Cons
Long hours especially on deadline days
Hands on approach, able to work alone and in teams
Group Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Auckland Park, Gauteng5 June 2017
Management of full spectrum of facilities management of various properties throughout SA. Extensive travel involved. Project management, space planning, security, cleaning, switchboard, orders, etc.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Extensive travel by car, poor planning of projects resulting in overlapping
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Auckland Park, Gauteng23 May 2017
Fun and productive company to work for .Flexible working hours company car company cell phone work in mpumalanga limpopo and gauteng . Company pays for accomodation where ever they send you
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Called to work any time
Productive and fun workplace
Journalism Intern (Former Employee) –  Bloemfontein, Free State20 April 2017
Media 24 allows you as individual to be just who you want to be. The environment is safe, productive and fun and never do you feel boxed. You are allowed to voice your opinion if ever you are unhappy.
Pros
Once a month Friday chill sessions
Cons
After hours
Professional, Friendly
Sales Representative /Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng25 March 2017
Great executive career-climbing company - lots of possible future growth! Very stable environment to work in and ensure future promotion and career growth!
Pros
Great Pensionfund
great environment always on the road really fun and productive
drive (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng3 March 2017
Its a really nice environment with team building skills problem solving hard working place were you learn alot about media and different outlooks great place for entry level and get work experience and buil character with all the people you meet and get to know
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Great place to work and friendly colleagues throughout the company
Senior Art Director (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape2 March 2017
Responsible for strategic planning, launch and direction for new print media and digital product sets for the South African markets
Productive and fun workplace
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape20 January 2017
Productive and fun workplace ... good company to gain experience and further yourself in your career. The workers are brilliant in cultural beliefs ......
Fullfilling
Newspaper Delivery (Former Employee) –  Gauteng15 January 2017
I worked as a news paper delivery boy for media 24. I enjoyed the early morning work and satisfaction of completing my news paper rout each day.
Fun place
Driver/Messenger (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng6 January 2017
I liked working for the company but due to cutting of their staff I looked for another job but very exciting to have worked for the media got to meet a lot of new people like the ceo and other high profile people within the media loved traveling to different places in and around Jhb and other provinces going home with the company car taking the cars for services and checking that the cars are always clean and accident free
Pros
Outings
Analysed, productive and exciting
Sales and Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  Bloemfontein, Free State19 May 2016
A typical day at work is reaching your daily targets and making sure payments are made before deadlines. Our management allows us to be free around the work place and always give's advice on work related matters.My co-workers are wonderful, they are kind and they always support each other through professional and personal issues.
The hardest part about the job is when you don't reach your monthly targets and a meeting is held where you have to discuss the reason for not reaching your targets. The fun thing about the work is that you can be yourself and there are also fun events that takes place regularly.
Love Darling
Sales (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape10 May 2016
Nice colleagues
I never did miss a deadline
Data has to be accurate
the part I like most, was when we were sort of staff I did help the sisters with the patients
Pros
Half days
Cons
Never work over weekends
Administration Clerk (Ads24 Finance) (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng29 April 2016
The company has a very productive team in all the departments and the people in the building is very friendly and helpful.
Pros
Benefits - DSTV
Loved working here
Copywriter (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, South Africa10 March 2016
I really enjoyed working at Media24. Everybody is happy at work, talented, driven and hardworking.

A typical day at work is a mix of rushes to meet deadlines and slow times with laughs between colleagues.

I learned a lot about conceptualising marketing campaigns and about Adobe InDesign.

Management and my co-workers all got along and there were open lines of communication.

The hardest part of the job was negotiating with clients between changes they insist on and the magazines house styles.

The most enjoyable part of the job was everything else.
Pros
A very nice work atmosphere
Cons
The salary was not enough
Credit Controller (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng16 February 2016
It's an objective based environment where one needs to deliver all the time to meet deadlines,one has to be self motivated in order to deliver.
I work with a very energetic team that keeps one his toes all the time.
Pros
Bursary to Study
Cons
Limited growth
Fun
journalist (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, WC14 January 2016
Challenging and interesting job with all kinds of people behaving in all kinds of ways. Friendly colleagues. The most interesting part was meeting people with different opinions.