Mott MacDonald Employee Reviews

Productive and health educational workplace
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gauteng5 October 2017
It was a good experience. Exposed me to many different aspects and how to think on the go.
Helped me with building my office skills and how to meet deadlines as they are particularly strict when it comes to that.
Pros
Get to work with different aspects of person
Cons
productive and always on programme
Technician (Current Employee) –  KwaZulu-Natal10 August 2017
2. Mott MacDonald is a very productive company a place where u can grow your knowledge in construction and consulting. people are very friendly open.
Pros
year end funtions
Cons
we sometimes work holidays but they don't pay
Vacation Student
Vacation Work Student (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng4 July 2017
Work was of vacation work nature. A lot was learned and supervisors
were always helpful. The work culture is good and everyone gets their work done in the required time.
Receptionist -admin (Former Employee) –  Polokwane, Limpopo1 May 2017
The company was taking care of their staff including long hours
overtime and lunch .The company take their for training or course.Team was included.It was a big company to work for it was all of the world.salaries,bonuses and medical aid was included
Pros
Functions
Cons
Part time
Fun Work place and Productive
Senior Material Technician (Current Employee) –  Eastern Cape, Grahamstown21 April 2017
I am a disciplined person who is always committed and dedicated to the tasks I undertake. I have good leadership and communication skills which I learned from working with different teams in different levels in the work place. I work well with a team and on my own without any supervision. I am able to perform in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines. I believe in building my character based on integrity, trust and professionalism.
Pros
team buildings
Cons
Bad weather
Good health department
Project Accountant (Current Employee) –  South Africa10 January 2017
Mott MaCDonald Health is a good environment for development practitioners. It exposes you to a lot of different projects.
There are good project management systems and ethics.
very productive, team player
senior draughtsperson (structural) (Current Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape10 January 2017
last year January 2016, I was appointed to do some raft design
of low housing in chatty 1060 (number of the 1060 units). they were 4 different houses. My line Manager gave me the responsibility of the job from the Design of the work in office up to the inspection of reinforcement steel on site, which was a very challenging work, as to all 23 Small SME constructors were unable to prepare reinforcement. but I showed them how to fix reinforcement steel, and how to read drawings. eventually I was appointed as clerk of works/ inspector of the project, that includes of inspection of the complete work from the raft foundation up to the completion of the house. During this project I learned how to handle contractors especially during our weekly technical meetings , and advising beneficiaries, presenting progress of the work on site to the client, challenges meet on site i.e ( missing connections of drainage, bursting of water pipes etc).
My co-workers were impressed with the work I did, and am profound of the it, I manage to supervise project and complete it within the speculated time.
Pros
free cofee, braai
Cons
Draugting in costruction of bridges
Structural/Civil Draughtsman (Former Employee) –  Mount Edgecombe, KwaZulu-Natal14 November 2016
work from 7h30 - 16h00.
Learned to produce structural drawings for bridges etc.
Co-workers were pleasant.
Stimulating and challenging.
Large company with lots of challenges
Pros
large company with alot to learn
Cons
sometimes too many people
Good work place
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape12 September 2016
Pros
-great people
-great work environment

Cons
-large corporation where decisions are made outside of local offices
Challenging and interesting place to work
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape31 May 2016
Great friendly environment with supportive colleagues. Generally have interesting and challenging work. Access to international experts from around the world who work for the company.
Pros
friendly environment and great supportive colleagues, good working hours
Cons
Very little benefits, below market pay
Working under extreem pressure
Based in Durban and acting as Owners Engineer (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal16 May 2016
Working under extreme pressure with little or no support, Paid in local currency with the rand falling against all international currencies with no adjustment.
Pros
Cons
extreem pressure
always busy to keep production going
quality control clerk (Current Employee) –  Witbank, Mpumalanga9 May 2016
I did enjoyed working with them ,getting to know different things each and everyday .I've how to keep myself pro active on a daily basis .and we have a good communication with my co-workers .the hardest part of the job is where by I have a deadline especially when I had to send some inspection to the various department .I 've enjoy more especially when we get bonuses according to your job performance .
Good learning
Design Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng11 April 2016
Mott MacDonald is an international organisation and I have learnt a lot with in this organisation, but would like to move closer to my country of origin.
Very Difficult Environment
Chief Resident Engineer (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal29 February 2016
The project was in a extremely poor state and impossible to recover. The project team had a very low moral. Leadership was non existent.
Pros
Cons
High Taxation and Violant culture
A very Dianamic Firm to work for
Engineer Representative (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP11 January 2016
Supervision and quality control on a daily basis.
Compiling of snag lists. Issuing of Site Instruction as required. Verify Change Requests and add approved ones by Project Manager, as Variation Orders to the Monthly Payment Certificates. Technical meetings with Contractor.
Acquired a vast number of experience in a large number of civil construction.
The guidance of the management is of a reputable quality.
The co-workers are pleasant and highly skilled.
Sometimes, due to work load it is difficult to submit chores in time and late hours are then required.
Job satisfaction
Pros
Pleasant work environment
Cons
To visit Head Quarters travelling from rural areas and then through city trafic
An excellent company to work for
Admin Craft Basin - Port of Ngquara - Transnet (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng19 November 2015
It is a very driven company in terms of deliverables etc. Also a good place to grow your knowledge and skills. Company management focused on profit but also accept their legal responsibilities. Best perks of the job was the travelling around Africa and to the UK.
Pros
Exposure
Cons
Long hours of work
highly stressful but challenging environment
Commissioning manager (Current Employee) –  johannesburg23 October 2015
good company to work for they could do a lot better if they learned to work as a team, work on site is unclear due to this factor
Professional working environment
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Gauteng25 August 2015
Very professional engineering house capable of delivering large megaprojects in various disciplines.
Proactive hands-on approach and capable of dealing with complex intricate technical problems.
work in a team
Draughtsman (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, WC13 August 2015
Good support from team, help were they can and we push to reach target or sooner to accomplish a new standard. we work on a MM standard that everybody is on the same page.
Pros
dont take lunch work through it
Cons
8 hours
Productive and educational work place
Technician in Training (Former Employee) –  Amersfoort, MP10 July 2015
The management of Mott Mac is exceptionally good because when we had problems or queries, they were attended too.
Everyday at work was part of a life changing journey that truly changed my life, daily my character was built, my skills were sharpened, my temperance and tolerance were built too and above all I learned so much on the technical and practical side of engineering.

I was under the mentorship of very experienced people who did not only challenge me daily but also allowed me to learn from my mistakes. they trusted me with very strong decision making.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Mott MacDonald. Our community is ready to answer.

4,0