Murray & Roberts Employee Reviews

Work safe and be productive, deliver work on time
Store / Inventory Controller (Current Employee) –  Lephalale, Limpopo1 November 2017
Work safe be productive, deliver all the work an time, be alert the experience i have, i had to earn it by myself i did not have the advantage or privileged to be send on training,
Pros
Cons
Uncertain of what the future holds for me in this company
The opportunities for career advancement limited
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal23 October 2017
Going through the learning material
Observing teaching and learning
Giving support and strategies to assist slow learners
Ensuring facilitators are implementing the correct methodology in facilitating
Pros
Free Courses
Cons
Self opinionated management
Murray and Roberts is a good company to work for
Piping Foreman (Former Employee) –  Secunda, Mpumalanga10 October 2017
Overall review Murray and Roberts is a good company to work for and I recommend it to new professional and graduates also apprenticeship is available to crafts
Pros
Incentive driven performance
Cons
Overtime good
Good and challenging
electrical assistant (Former Employee) –  Rustenburg, North West1 October 2017
Murray and roberts is a good company and i enjoyed working under it.The only that i was not happy about is employees development.Management was very punctual when coming to clocking time and overtime.
Pros
Production bonus
Cons
1 weekend off in a month
productive
shutter hand/construction carpenter (Former Employee) –  Gauteng,Midrand26 September 2017
Working at Murray and Robert was nice we worked as team so I got a chance to challenge different activities around the work place.working for big projects like gautrain was awesome
Pros
free lunch, transport and accommodation
Cons
normal hours
Very productive and good people skills are motivated
Shaft Sinking and Construction Boilermaker (Former Employee) –  Mussina26 September 2017
Some days are hard when reporting to management in the mornings just to find out what happened on the shifts before you nocked off before. The team effort to let the work proceed as normal was very good and the planning of work tremendously well as all party's come together to find the solutions to any problems and the executing of the work is done professionally. the hardest part of the job is when we wait for material to be delivered to execute work. The most enjoyable part of the job is when it is done properly and management reward the people for work well done.
Pros
When working long ours they let you go sooner on RNR to go home to your family
Cons
Long trips per day from work to village and waiting for materials to be delivered.
Good Enviroment
Senior Rigging Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng16 September 2017
Good work challanges
Plenty of helpful resources
Benificial Experience
Good management Platform
Able to grow within the company
Great company communication
Pros
Financial Benifits
Cons
Long weekends
Working and seeing the cranes being built on from scratch
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Limpopo28 August 2017
I learned a lot @Murray &Roberts as I was an Apprentice,Rigger with them. In term of d safety of working condition and act they take no chance. They made me grow mental with what I need to do when working.I did,nt finish my apprenticeship with them because of u got 1@Macsteel and the preferable fitting than Rigging.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Normal hours
Safety in the workplace
HSE Coordinator at Concor (Current Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape15 August 2017
Ongoing production and to ensure that the relevant documentation is in place before we start working. Good humor among st the employees. Good communication and the way you treat people plays a huge role in the work place in-spite of enforcement. Management I believe play a big part regarding commitment in all stages of a project. The hardest work is to obtain the relevant paperwork from subcontractors regarding legal compliance. The most that I enjoy is that we legally comply in all assets of a project and to obtain zero harm as well LTI free-man hours at completion of a project.
Do a site meeting and then get to work
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Witbank, Mpumalanga1 August 2017
I left there because of al the striking that was going on at the site at that time.
One they were striking and starded to brake the place down we had to run for our lives and then I decided to leave Murray & Roberts
Pros
free lunch
Cons
striking a lot at the time
Work environment its quite pleasing and we are happy and productive
Rigger artisan (Current Employee) –  Lephalale21 July 2017
My job is to make sure loads get to their places safe and I'm doing that s strategically and things go the right way with my working experience
O started shaking and afraid of heights but due to experience I'm now manjaro in rigging activities and taking loads to their positions
I love my rigging and I insure that even a single time nothing fall
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Rigging gear
Productive and a pleasant company
mobile crane operator (Former Employee) –  May fair8 June 2017
Working at Murray and Roberts has been a ppure joy and a pleasure. I had an opportunity to work in different parts of the country. And also had to interact with different ethnic groups. I am a people's person so it was a fun environment.
Pros
Free lunch and accommodation
Cons
Being away from my family
Jnr HR Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Lephalale, Limpopo6 June 2017
a typical day at work would be to ensure that absenteeism is manageable and contained. i learned leadership skills and people's skills and also how to be independent and able to work as a team in the same wavelength.
i enjoyed most when we get the long weekends and returning to work on Tuesdays.
Pros
free lunches, performance bonus
productive workplace
Rigger (Former Employee) –  mpumalanga(secunda)4 May 2017
I'm proud that I've found my self one day as an employee to Murray & Roberts as its the best n biggest company I've ever worked for, good management skills.
Pros
insentives
interesting and reliable
electrician (Former Employee) –  Rustenburg, North West19 April 2017
It's the company that allows workers to at suitable environments and pays well. It helps your grow business wisely. I really enjoyed working for that company.
Pros
tea time
Cons
normal hours
Have indeed development
Prpdp driver (Current Employee) –  Kusile power project10 April 2017
Proper.Application. Fair interview and proper placement. Safer working environment well managed.work sustainable and guaranteed. Can be moved and placed in other projects when present project completed
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Normal working hours
very good company with good values
Boilermaker.Foreman (Current Employee) –  Gauteng, Gauteng4 April 2017
Trai to meet Target everyday I'm leaning everyday because there are so many activities happening each day. Menagement they have good communication skills
Young and energetic
CREDITORS CLERK (Former Employee) –  Ekurhuleni, Gauteng29 March 2017
I am passionate, dependable, prioritize, organised to starting to learn to work in different office and big company environment.To write down all the minutes for meetings.
Pros
Working from monday to friday
Cons
Second week of a month write test
Worked nicely completed the project
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Ayliff, Eastern Cape24 March 2017
Good leadership we worked together as a team with soilco doin N2 rehabilitation from Ngcweleni to Brookdnek. Paid as our occupation were stated till our contract ended
good working environment
Gss learner (Former Employee) –  Bedfordview, Gauteng27 February 2017
It's a nice place to work and lots of new things to learn and the company puts you through courses. You gain good experience.
Pros
good exprience
Cons
small bonuses or none