Nestlé Employee Reviews

Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Macro wonderboom3 February 2018
I enjoyed packing stock according to FIFO,l knew my stock and I was doing cross merchandising.I was encouraging customers to buy my stock and I hated to see unhappy customers
Cons
Lots of work, high expectations no room to
TRADE/FOOD SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Western Cape, Cape Town31 January 2018
Excellent company to work for however scare internal growth opportunities.
Company still has too many structures which can be very frustrating when looking for solutions. More often than not, you never know who is responsible for what.
Productive workplace
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Potchefstroom, North West31 January 2018
A typical day at work will start by checking e-mails at the office then go to the lab to prepare sensory evaluation, then after the evaluation will be spending the day at the microlab or chemistry lab. I learnt to start at the bottom and every challenge has its own experience. I loved the culture and the unity in the workplace. The most enjoyable part of the job is doing retail audits and challenging the market and interacting with consumers. I had a very supportive management who gave me opportunities to learn and grow, also to make mistakes and learn from them.
Pros
freebies
Cons
long meetings
Productive and resourceful
BATCH MIXER (Former Employee) –  Mossel Bay, Western Cape26 January 2018
I work hard as a batch mixer and as worked at production.I have learnt time frames and deadlines.Management was friendly and educative.I enjoyed work.
Pros
Free coffee, Milk and suger
Casual Worker (Former Employee) –  Mossel Bay, Western Cape21 January 2018
The typical day at nestle was going to work , working an 8 hour shift and enjoying what you do. what i learnt at nestle was how to be safe in your work enviroment, how to work well in teams and how to work long hours and still be productive. The managment of Nestle was strict and very good. Nestle has a very diverse workplace culture and everyone is treated equally. The hardest part of the job was working long hours. The enjoyable part of the job was working well with collegues and having a fun enviroment to work in
Pros
Staff discount on products
Cons
It is a learning place for me
general worker (Current Employee) –  Babelegi, North West15 January 2018
I learned a lot in this company regardless of the situation we face daily but as an individual I have learned from operating machines to cleaning it .
Pros
Free hampers
Cons
Long hours and heat
Distribution it was only dilivery nestly product
driver code 10 (Former Employee) –  New Germany, KwaZulu-Natal10 January 2018
Talking from experience dilivery only have starting time to start working finishing up to you how fast you are and I am awear of any thing I grow up doing this this is the best job good for me I like it it won't be a problem sleeping away from home not a problem thanks
Pros
No only if when you have time because we have to finish dilivery
mechanical fitter (Former Employee) –  Clayville, Gauteng22 November 2017
It is always a good day everyday all day.
During normal production runs, calls for engineering support from the production persons comes like rain, anytime and from any section.
We team stay always ready to attend to to defects, failures and breakdowns.
The objective is to ensure that repairs are done pro-actively in time and in such a manner that eliminates re-occurrence of failures and defects during production runs.
During planned maintenance, attention to detail and a good plan to complete the job is essential to ensure that production machines are readily available at start-up times.
Duties are teamed at and carried out and rechecked to ensure optimal working condition of machines and equipment.
Pros
Incentives, bonuses
Cons
Scheduled time-intervals
funplace
Operational Buyer (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng27 September 2017
Nestle was very good company to work for,the culture was very broad and it all fun working there,the hardest was supplier relations
Management style was very good as well
Cons
People i work with are fine & freindly
Operator (Current Employee) –  Eastern Cape13 September 2017
It is a great place to work for, we do get bonuses and when there is a new product we get a sample but the money is not there though we produce a lot.
Excellent
Inventory Controller (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal17 August 2017
Excellent company to work for, hence i have been there for 27 years. The LEAN concept should be a tool every company must have to save costs.
An amazing place were team efforts are jointly celebrated
You are never to old to learn and age is only but a number
All managers are skillful, hard working and ethical and managed by Nestle Continuous Empowerment, and Nestle Leadership Framework ,and based on PE and PDGs
Teamwork, Time management and good work ethics is a prerequisite
Language barrier ,trying to educate the elder in keeping with KPIs,defining problem solving techniques
Morning meetings at 9 am ,reflecting on the previous day performance, and question underachievers and compliment achievers
Pros
Free Nestle hampers monthly, birthday club(lunch with Rdm)Braais quite frequent
Cons
SAP System crashing quite often and resolved can take up to 2 days -hence backlog
HR (Former Employee) –  EAR7 August 2017
An Organisation that promotes learning and continuous improvement. Great teamwork and good opportunities for advancement. Great at exposing staff to stay atop of global trend and practices.
Pros
Worker Engagement, Great Teamwork
Cons
No Work-Life Balance
Great Company to work for
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Randburg, Gauteng1 August 2017
At Nestle it was a great team effort, always opportunity to grow. The one mistake I made in my career was to leave, however getting married and having kids I couldn't keep on working the hours I used to, even though the hours was by choice and not expected.
Have Qualifications but do general work
X-Ray operator (Current Employee) –  Orange free state19 July 2017
I have qualifications in Public Administration but I'm working as an X -Ray operator with a low Grade mind you (lowest income ) only to find not qualified people working there and they get two or three times of my salary .
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Overtime
best company
sales representative (Former Employee) –  Gauteng7 July 2017
Working for nestle Zimbabwe was fun it's an outstanding company, responsible, nestle cares about the customers, nestle does give free give aways to people also does p the WHO CODE romotions but doesn't promote infant formulas it's against
Pros
Cons
no long hours
productive and fun work but lack personal developments.
line production supervisor (Current Employee) –  East London, Eastern Cape5 June 2017
The job is enticing and very challenging .and the culture is strong with different divesities but same objective.The only challenge and a lack is practical development of employees.The training and support structure is always on par as far as the personal development is concerned but oppotunities are scarce I would like to pursue my career without any limitations so that I can add value more effectively .Managing and leading is my passion .
Pros
more training interventions
Cons
no oppotunities to explore
fun and productive company
Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  Gauteng30 May 2017
Busy, crazy but fun ,always challenging.... but was limited in the work place. workplace friendly environment...the most enjoyable part of my job is "collections" .
Pros
team building
Cons
n/a
productive and fun working place
Sub Contractor at cut and open (Former Employee) –  Pretoria,hammaskraal21 May 2017
I have learned alot from that company.it was an amazing working at nestle.if the will be another chance for me to work there.i will take that opportunity without any dought.
Pros
free hamper
Cons
interactive and fun to work for
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bellville South, Western Cape15 May 2017
International company with great opportunities and diversity . When you perform well in your current job you open doors for your future, senior management notices and you get head hunted for better opportunities. Your ideas matters no matter how small or big they are.
Pros
Team building exercises every January
Cons
too much pressure
Good company ,limited on self development
Shift Electrician (Current Employee) –  Estcourt, KwaZulu-Natal13 April 2017
Good place to work at ,challenging ,great way to learn ,good initiatives in place . A bit difficult to develop personally after certain phases . Overall a good company with clear vision and goals but lack of execution in some departments.
Pros
Incentives, bonuses
Cons
Short staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nestlé. Our community is ready to answer.

4,2