Old Mutual Life Assurance Company Employee Reviews

We do have targets to meet everyweek and do try to meet them even though its not ussually every week
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  South africa7 January 2018
I am a hard working woman,and I enjoy my work. And I am able to work under pressure. Can work individually or in groups. Listen to other people's opinion.
responsibility
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bloemfontein, Free State5 January 2018
teaches employees to be responsible as there is no monitoring and one works flexible hours in that case you taught how to manage time efficiently and correct
fun place, fast paced
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Pinelands, Western Cape23 October 2017
very challenging, needs one to focus and to have a positive attitude all the time.
days are not the same
work place culture is free
hardest part of the job is sourcing own clients
Pros
a lot of freebies, lunch, outings incentives
Cons
long hours and stressful environment
i enjoy the challenge
Financial Adviser (Current Employee) –  pretoria east gauteng16 October 2017
although I enjoy the challenge.as a parent I would love something more stable salary wise.We work on commission and our basic salary is conditional .I have never not earned a salary but I want the peace of mind to know that my basic is gauranteed
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Paarl, Western Cape25 September 2017
You see clients for the day. It is nice to know that you help some one to make the right choices regarding their financial planning. They have a good rewarding system.
Pros
Schedule your own time
Cons
Clients dissapoints you
Productive.inspiring work place
Trainee Accountant (Current Employee) –  Pines23 July 2017
Old mutual is a very good company that allows you to grow and reach you true potential.rated as one of the best insurer company to work for.i would any one to give a chance.
diverse cultures
senior authoriser (Former Employee) –  pinelands14 June 2017
Leaderin financial sector diverse culture. BEE compliant. Worked for Old Mutual for past 18 years.love the culture. Left for personal reasons due to my son's illness and excess medical costs.
Pros
no travelling costs of
Cons
need to expand my knowledge
I like and enjoy to work as sales consultant
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Klerksdorp, North West11 June 2017
My first day at work was very challenging
I have learned to advice client with products and do needs analysis
Management is very supportive
Work hard ,teamwork honesty and integrity
Is how to win a client
Traveling
Productive and Fun
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Pinelands, Western Cape28 April 2017
A typical work day for me is that I cannot plan my day as the work I do is very client based and service matters. Each and every day I learn more and more which is something I can take home everyday , also I tro to improve on everything I do and to learn new things. I enjoy meeting new people and love to see clients happy after a project
Pros
flex hours
Cons
non
my experience
sales agent (Former Employee) –  Pinelands, Western Cape13 March 2017
working for old mutual was a exciting experience for me the brand it self it made me think of opportunity and growth , dress code was always a priority at old mutual but unfortunately the management was very poor , the com structure for me was very unreasonable and that made working there unbearable . but Old mutual is a good company but the department I was situated had a bad management structure
Pros
good team enviroment
Cons
bad management, no communicating skills with employees
The workplace was just fine
Financial advisor (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng23 January 2017
I enjoyed working at old mutual .the problem is that they'd wait for one to fail or make a mistake then make that person's life not worthy.
Pros
Non
Cons
Long hours always
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng19 January 2017
- When there is bad log, we compromise our lunch and knock of time to give productivity
- the importance of time management and to multitask
- very reliable and they appreciate the team
- very ethical
- The target is rounded off for the whole month
Best place to be that caters for the needs of employees
Quality Assessor (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape11 January 2017
Exciting
Business School - Customer Service, Call Centre Methodology, Quality Assessment, Writing of Manuals for flexi care
Good management
Lot of fun
Pros
All in One
Cons
Parking Space
Best company to work for.
Personal Assistant / Secretary (Former Employee) –  Pinelands, Cape Town, South Africa7 January 2017
I loved the work I was doing so I enjoyed going to work. I learned to work on my own, having to take the initiative in many instances and getting job satisfaction. As we worked in an open plan environment, we were in constant contact with co-workers and one had to learn to be considerate with co-workers.
Pros
Old Mutual is a financial service provider, and the benefits the company provides are excellent.
fun but challenging
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal16 August 2016
need to be self-discpline, always look presentable at all time, also learned more about long term insurance companies. the most painfully party is when the potential client turned your appointment down in the last minutes. fortunately i have good collegues who always be there when things are not going according to my plan, they are always there to support me and encourage me.
Pros
staff development and break up party
Cons
after hours services
Hard work and learning.
OM Activate Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pinelands26 July 2016
Train in the mornings.Make new business all day, service and upsell existing clients. I've learned a lot at Old Mutual. I've received all my managerial training here. I was very lucky to work hand-in-hand with two of the best managers. They mentor'd me and showed me how to use my skills and I still use everything today. Co-workers helped with my competitiveness. The hardest part of this job was managing the people I've worked alongside and called friends, especially when they didst make target. The best part is being recognized for the work you put in.
Top Class Insurance Company
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng29 June 2016
The training at Old Mutual is top of the range. You are mostly in high demand from other insurance companies if you have completed Old Mutual's Training.
Pros
Training and benefits like medical aid and pension superb
Cons
Financial Advisors work mostly on commission that they must pay back if the policy lapse.
fun but management are so cold hearts
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg17 June 2016
Working hear was funny but management are something else they Will like you only the week that you reach ur target if u don't the following week they can even shout at u, no it was traumatizing and boring and they ask some of employees to spy on other not health environment at all Old Mutual RMM.
Pros
Cons
flexible
Financial Services
IT Auditor (Former Employee) –  Joburg31 May 2016
One of the big financial services comapnies, under the ministry finance and responsible for pensions administration
Fun workplace
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng17 February 2016
Meeting before the commence of the day, learning to deal with difficult clients, management was not ok, co workers were fine. the hardest part of the the job was that w dealt with difficult clients. romans pizza