Shoprite Group

Shoprite Group South Africa Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Client facing enviroment
Adnim Manager (Former Employee), Vryheid, ZNFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: free lunch to customers on certain promotions
Cons: being behind from the target
Everyday was always enjoyable as I was meeting different people from different backgrounds with different needs and wants, so it helped me to understand different people and also improve my client/customer service. The hardest part was when sales are not our side so by then we have to work extra hours extra days to catch up with the budget.
productivity and education
money market clerk (Former Employee), Brits, NWFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: staff meetings
Cons: no room for growth (education wise)
at 8'oclok in the morning in my workstation serving clients and i always was ready for different personalities.
i' ve learned that busiess must always be profitable and that clients are your business.
i ensured that i get along with my fellow workers because i realised that through team work my workload will be eased

the hardest part of the job was watching a unsatisfied customer leaving the store while still furious

i enjoyed getting acknowledge for the services i rendered and i also enjoyed to see customers smiling after my services
Productive and perfect work place
Till Packer (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: own lunch
Cons: normal hours
As a till packer i enjoy my work and this job teaches me that the customers always right and must be served with love. I however manage well according to the management style. My co-workers and my boss says i am a hard-worker.
its a challenging place
cashier (Former Employee), Pretoria, GPJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: long lunch
Cons: long hour
its was fun.I was leaning every day u see new people every day some give encorege u.my co worker we fun people to with even some we hard ,but is life people we can be the same.
work place
sales person (Former Employee), Potgietersrus, LPJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: free coffee
Cons: long hours
good learning enviroment for work experiense,workers always prepared to achieve their best.
Fun
Stock Taker (Former Employee), Pretoria, GPJanuary 21, 2015
Cons: 5 hours
Working for shopright was just a mind blowing experience for me because it was my first time at a working place as i was doing part time worker because i was studying in TUT.There were lot of challenges but then most of all i learned that its important to interact with different people.Most importantly you must understand that there is diversity in a work place.I also learned that communication among co-workers is very important towards production of the company.The most important thing in a work place is time,it needs to be used efficiently.
Busy and fun
Butchery General Assistent (Former Employee), Pretoria, GPJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: good security
Cons: nightshift hours
Working at Shoprite was a great oppotunity,i worked with lovely people , and we were just like a family , I have learned types of meat which is great ,and how to deal with a customer and most of all meeting customer satisfaction.and the manager she was so kind and friendly adn fair.the hardest time it was when I'M woring late shift alone, and i used to enjoy eating lunch with all my co-workers and i used tyo enjoy working with customers because i had made my self lots of friends ,knowing what they need before they even mentioned it that was the best part .
productive and fun workplace
General Assistant (Former Employee), Pretoria, GPJanuary 17, 2015
A typical day at shoprite was very challenging and fun environment,the company gives training to every staff to ensure they are updated and doing their best at work.
I learned a lot about how handle customers and about the rights and regulations of a customer.
The management was very friendly,helpful and also driven for success,they always want you to strive for number 1.
Co-workers are motivational.The hardest part about this job was working hours and i enjoyed working with customers as providing them with great service was the main aim.
Basic Work Environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Pietermaritzburg, NatalJanuary 13, 2015
Cons: contract position
Cashier Position
Dealt with lots of customers daily
Decent Hours
Worked well with various personalities and co-workers
Balanced the till amounts
No opportunity to grow
Helped with packing and distribution
PRODUCTIVE
ADMIN CLERK (Former Employee), JANE FURSEJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: free tea and coffee
Cons: normal hours
THE INDUSTRY IS HELPING A LOT OF PEOPLE AT THE SOROUNDING AREA WHERE IT OPERATED, THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO WHERE SOMITIMES SLEEPING WITHOUT FOOD BUT WHEN THEY ARE THE EMPLOYEE OF THIS COMPANY THEY STARTED TO SEE LIFE ON A DIFFERENT WAY, THEY CAN PROVIDE FOR THE NEED OF THEIR FAMILY, BY THAT LITTLE INCOME THEY RECEIVED. INDEED IT IS VERY HELPING SO MANY LIKE THE SMALL PROJECTS.
High paced company
Administration Manager (Current Employee), MusinaDecember 11, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: no lunch hour
My typical day at work is to make sure that all feedback is sent t the relevant people in time, All dally reports are drawn analysed signed and filled at the same time managing customer service at front end, The hardest part of the job is having to provide the best customer service to a customer who is complaining while you are running out of time to reply to an urgent email from one of your seniors. The best part of my job is to see customers happy by the level of service they received from me after they came with a complaint
Good workplace
Trainee Manager (Former Employee), Kempton Park, GPDecember 8, 2014
Pros: free break fast and lunch
Cons: long hours
It was a good working place full of challenging duties everyday,it was a great n exciting feeling meeting new people who have a same dreams
It was not so easy to work 07 to 17h:00 at the first place but I got used to it and enjoy being there.
You stop living
Former Admin manager (Former Employee), MpumalangaNovember 30, 2014
Pros: training and very good customers that made my time there memorable, i made life long friendships.
Cons: long hours, horrible salaries and alarm call outs
I started as a cashier and ended up as a department manager.As a manager you get exposed to all the politics that happen high up,you are told to ensure staff follow rules that the bosses break without thinking twice.You cannot approach some senior management with an opinion or suggestion because their positions are dangled every where to keep people quiet.I must have been told by my previous RAM more than 20 times in three years that he was going to fire me,suprisingly when he had problems in other branches he asked for my help.He was always biased with everything because his wife held the same position as me and he is her immediate superior.Double standards and nepotism will be the downfall of Shoprite Checkers which overall is a good company.I left because of a better offer,i miss the customers and staff.
guality and enjoyable to work with people
shelf packer (Former Employee), Johannesburg, GPNovember 28, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: few hours
a typical day at work was to offloads goods and to make sure they dont get damaged.i learned so much in terms of being responsible and able to work with people with respect.the hardest part of the job was to always to push a loaded trolley over and over.the most enjoyable part of the job we were getting free lunches
productive
chef, paker (Former Employee), Alberton, GPNovember 26, 2014
Pros: free lunchs
Cons: long hours especially holidays
I learned to be patient that working hours can change due to lots of customer, with good management working hand in hand with my co-workers the hardest part of the job is find taxis also the job is fun from hour to hour
Productive workplace
trolley man (Former Employee), Queenstown, ECNovember 20, 2014
Pros: lunch time
Cons: long hours
My days at work were very nice and i learned to work hard, have positive attitude to the customers and co-workers. The hardest part was cleaning and the enjoyable one was pushing trolleys.
VERY GOOD PLASER TO WORK
NONE FOODS MANAGER (Former Employee), Johannesburg, GPNovember 5, 2014
Pros: good company to work for
Cons: lomh houres, notime for family
ENJOYED EVRY DAY WHEN I WORKED AT SHOPRITE , STAFF IS GOOD MANAGEMENT WAS HELPFUL AND MADE YOU THING THEY WAY YOU WANT TO
fun
general worker (Former Employee), Cape Town, WCOctober 29, 2014
Pros: dicounts
Cons: extra unpaid hours
my previous employer told us adding fun in the work place helps you enjoy working and completing tasks

it was true cos you always look forward in going to work not cos you getting paid but cos of how you work and the relationship between you and your coleages
Job culture needs a lot of improvement
Store Manager (Former Employee), Polokwane, LP, Mogwase, North WestOctober 24, 2014
Pros: annual profit share
Cons: wxcessive working hours
I learned more about thinking on your feet. Very fast paced business where focus on risk should not be lost at all.
fun place
packer (Former Employee), cape town western capeSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: over time
Cons: lomg hours
i remember this other day there was this old lady i was packing her products she was so sweet she was me like"my daughter" i gained lot of respect and ma co workers they were so kind and disciplined, i never find any hard part of the job my job was so easy and i was enjoying packing, the enjoyable part of the job was that i was dealing with different kinds of people there were colureds and blacks even white people i enjoyed dealing with those different kinds of people

1 2 3 4 5

About Shoprite Group

The Shoprite brand is one of the leaders in South African food retailing and is, according to independent market research, the – Read more