Shoprite Group

Shoprite Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
very productive but less rewarding for hardwork done
Trainee Manager (Current Employee), Port Elizabeth, ECJune 21, 2015
Pros: free Lunches
Cons: long hours which overtime during the week is not paid for or acknowledge by superiors
I learnt a lot how to manage people and how to use reports in forecasting for future promotions and how to analyse data and make it meaningful info and how to merchandise stock and how to monitor the sales floor. How tro make calculated decisions using available reports and info.
FUN WORKPLACE
CASHIER (Former Employee), Johannesburg, GPMay 26, 2015
Pros: DISCOUNT PRICES FOR EMPLOYEES
Cons: LONG HOURS
IT IS FUN WORKING WITH THE CUSTOMERS,THE MANAGEMENT IS GOOD AND THEY ENSURE THE WORK IS ALWAYS DONE AND CUSTOMERS ARE SATISFIED.IVE LEARNT TO WORK ACCURATLY AND WITH HONESTY. THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB IS TO MAKE SURE YOUR FINANCES ARE NOT A CENT SHORT; THEREFORE I HAD TO BE VERY ACCURATE WITH THE MONEY PART OF THE JOB.THE NICE THING ABOUT THE JOB IS THAT WE GOT DISCOUNTS FOR SOME OF THE GOODS AS EMPLOYEES OF THE COMPANY.
PRODUCTIVE
CASHIER (Former Employee), Pretoria, GPMay 7, 2015
Pros: NONE
Cons: WORKING OVERTIME WITHOUT BEING PAID
ALWAYS WORKING LONG HOURS, MY FORMER COLEGUES WERE VERY HELPFULL IN HELPING OUT. THE HARDEST PART IS WHEN THE MONEY YOU HAVE DOES NOT BALANCE WITH THE TRIAL BALANCE.
productive
till packer (Current Employee), Cape Town, WCMay 6, 2015
Pros: experience
Cons: long hours
some days it gets busy and we have to work long hours. typical day at work would be packing for customers the goods they buy and making sure the area around me is clean at all times and doing back shopping.
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Boksburg, GPApril 28, 2015
Pros: Company provides lunch.
Cons: Long productive hours.
Everyday is productive as each day counts to improve the business. I have learned a lot while I am on this company, business acumen and customers importance.
Working for shoprite could be fine if you do not have many responsibilities to attend to
cashier (Former Employee), kuilsriverApril 28, 2015
Every day is different as you work with different people each and every day nothing is expected and predictable so that is what makes things interesting and exciting because weather you will have a bad day or a good one that all depends on you.
A good place to start a career
Admin Manager (Former Employee), GPApril 23, 2015
Pros: so many people become part of your life
Cons: Long hours
Because of the nature of the business we had many and different customers a day will never be the same, I have leaned to work with different cultures of people and how to manage them and to handle and respect different customers and their cultures the hardest part of the job is the long hours, and the most enjoyable part is every person you meet and the relationship you build with both customers and staff
EVERYTHING IS GOOD
store room assistant (Former Employee), Cape Town, WCApril 21, 2015
Pros: GOOD
Cons: LONG HOURS BUT GOOD
JOB SECURITY IS VITAL AND SECURITY MEASURES IN TERMS OF ROBBERY ARE PUT IN PLACE AND HEALTH & SAFETY ARE IMPORTANT.CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP IS VERY IMPORTANT TOO
productive fun working environment
merchandiser (Former Employee), Harrismith, FSMarch 6, 2015
Pros: yes, free lunches sumtimes
Cons: twilight and night shift
days depend mainly on number of customers per day. i learned more about customers especially the hard one. with managers is not easy to tell because each an every one of them are very different. it's all good as long each an everyone of knows that we are also in business like the manager because without them the business is incomplete. in the month end we must make sure that the shelf is fully packed. we enjoy ourselves to hear that the business is doing well and we top our regional shops
GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE LACK ON MOTIVATION
trainee manager (Former Employee), Burgersfort, LPMarch 3, 2015
Pros: petty cah
Cons: abnormal hours
THE ENVIROMENT ITS TOO NOISY AND SCARY.
ON MANAGEMENT IVE LEARNED HOW TO LEAD CO-WORKERS AND HOW TO SOLVE PROBEMS AS A SINIOR AND HOW TO HANDLE CHALLENGES.
CRAETE A GOOD RELATIONSHIP WITH CO-WORKERS IN ORDER TO PERFOM THE EXPECTED STANDARD.
THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB IS TO STAY IN FEAR ON WHEN AM I GOING TO GET FIRED BECAUSE EVERYONE IS ON THE GOING LIST IF YOU NOT ON THE LIKABLE LIST.
HONESTLY I LIKED THE TRAINING PART WHICH TOOK ME AWAY FROM THE STORE ENVIROMENT AS ITS NOT A COMFORTABLE ZONE.
fun working place
Shelpacker (Current Employee), Johannesburg South, GPFebruary 26, 2015
Cons: working weekends
This is one of the worst companies to work for in the retail sector
A lot of hardwork but no money
I am not enjoying my time here
As a male baker who was so dedicated to my job and had qualified for the job i was doing i was more productive,
baker (Former Employee), Kempton Park, GPFebruary 24, 2015
Cons: 13hrs
when customers are happy with the production, I've lent that communication, dedication and commitment are the best tools an employee can ever use from management down to co-workers, on holidays that when the demand is extremely very high so with shortage of stuff you end up working double shift, some customers become regular so they end up partnering with us by placing orders, recommending us to birthday cakes baking for the on any kind of special events.
Client facing enviroment
Adnim Manager (Former Employee), Vryheid, ZNFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: free lunch to customers on certain promotions
Cons: being behind from the target
Everyday was always enjoyable as I was meeting different people from different backgrounds with different needs and wants, so it helped me to understand different people and also improve my client/customer service. The hardest part was when sales are not our side so by then we have to work extra hours extra days to catch up with the budget.
productivity and education
money market clerk (Former Employee), Brits, NWFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: staff meetings
Cons: no room for growth (education wise)
at 8'oclok in the morning in my workstation serving clients and i always was ready for different personalities.
i' ve learned that busiess must always be profitable and that clients are your business.
i ensured that i get along with my fellow workers because i realised that through team work my workload will be eased

the hardest part of the job was watching a unsatisfied customer leaving the store while still furious

i enjoyed getting acknowledge for the services i rendered and i also enjoyed to see customers smiling after my services
Productive and perfect work place
Till Packer (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: own lunch
Cons: normal hours
As a till packer i enjoy my work and this job teaches me that the customers always right and must be served with love. I however manage well according to the management style. My co-workers and my boss says i am a hard-worker.
its a challenging place
cashier (Former Employee), Pretoria, GPJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: long lunch
Cons: long hour
its was fun.I was leaning every day u see new people every day some give encorege u.my co worker we fun people to with even some we hard ,but is life people we can be the same.
work place
sales person (Former Employee), Potgietersrus, LPJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: free coffee
Cons: long hours
good learning enviroment for work experiense,workers always prepared to achieve their best.
Fun
Stock Taker (Former Employee), Pretoria, GPJanuary 21, 2015
Cons: 5 hours
Working for shopright was just a mind blowing experience for me because it was my first time at a working place as i was doing part time worker because i was studying in TUT.There were lot of challenges but then most of all i learned that its important to interact with different people.Most importantly you must understand that there is diversity in a work place.I also learned that communication among co-workers is very important towards production of the company.The most important thing in a work place is time,it needs to be used efficiently.
Busy and fun
Butchery General Assistent (Former Employee), Pretoria, GPJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: good security
Cons: nightshift hours
Working at Shoprite was a great oppotunity,i worked with lovely people , and we were just like a family , I have learned types of meat which is great ,and how to deal with a customer and most of all meeting customer satisfaction.and the manager she was so kind and friendly adn fair.the hardest time it was when I'M woring late shift alone, and i used to enjoy eating lunch with all my co-workers and i used tyo enjoy working with customers because i had made my self lots of friends ,knowing what they need before they even mentioned it that was the best part .
productive and fun workplace
General Assistant (Former Employee), Pretoria, GPJanuary 17, 2015
A typical day at shoprite was very challenging and fun environment,the company gives training to every staff to ensure they are updated and doing their best at work.
I learned a lot about how handle customers and about the rights and regulations of a customer.
The management was very friendly,helpful and also driven for success,they always want you to strive for number 1.
Co-workers are motivational.The hardest part about this job was working hours and i enjoyed working with customers as providing them with great service was the main aim.

1 2 3 4 5

About Shoprite Group

The Shoprite brand is one of the leaders in South African food retailing and is, according to independent market research, the – Read more