Shoprite Group

Shoprite Group Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
company culture
admin manager (Former Employee), Cape Town, WCSeptember 19, 2014
Cons: no lunch available
It dealt more on external customers than internal ( employees)
Productive and continuous learning workplace
Sales manager (Former Employee), Polokwane, LPSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: sustain toughness
Cons: long hours
The company teaches management from all angles,you learn to be independent and very tough as decisions you make have consequences and you have to stand for them,you learn to delegate and get things done in time in order to achieve targets as its very crucial to achieve targeted numbers,planning have to be so good as this is a very busy company-the culture – more... is all about delivering results and moving on and that teaches you to focus more on your job and deliver.Overall its a good organisation that cooks managers to become very knowledgeable. – less
checkers Hyper Centurion
Front admin manager (Former Employee), Sandton, GPSeptember 9, 2014
this was my first job,
a lot of excitement, hungry for success,willingness to learn
all was good, very nice welcome.
was a trainee manager, learning how to run each department in the store
Less productive
GENERAL GROCERY ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Zeerust, NWSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: no free lunch and transport
Cons: short hours
Shoprite retail store its management was very pour, regarding employees support, they lack leadership skills. when we workers experiences problem regarding the conditions of workplace they do failed. it was fun and interesting but salary was pour, it was fluctuating every month.

skills acquired

-Stock taking
-Stock Control
- Computer
Trainee Management Review
Trainee Manager (Former Employee), Pretoria, South AfricaSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: engaging with staff members
Cons: long working hours
Supervising service department staff and assisting in cash office management. Compiling weekly reports, assisting in planning and conducting stock taking. Inventory management and providing input to increasing sales. It provided a challenge to curbing inventory theft by customers. It was highly motivating to work with staff members in a close-knit environment.
good shop
cashier (Former Employee), Umtata, ECAugust 14, 2014
Cons: long hours
it was very good experience working at shoprite.The stuff that was training us for cashier were very good and polite with us.
computer operator (Current Employee), Nelspruit, MPAugust 8, 2014
Monday: Up at 6AM, shower, no breakfast, at work by 7AM. For the next five hours, handle emails feedback, questions, report prom out of stock to the regional manager, do bookwork (matching reservations, checkouts, bank statements, etc). At noon, go out for a half an hour lunch break at one of the various overpriced restaurants /

as a computer operator – more... and the email feedback sometimes you have to deal with nasty remarks from your bosses as they would want you to respond as fast as you can forgetting that you also have to deal with customers and this turn out to be the most hardest part of my job and the same time interacting with customers is more funny since you meet different people some are difficult to deal with. – less
Personnel Admin Clerk (Current Employee), Cape Town, WCAugust 8, 2014
Pros: good benefits
It is challengeing to work for such a large retailer, but the experienced gained is beneficial . I have been employed at this company for 22 years but feel the growth has been too slow..
Young & energetic and have an outgoing personality,
cashier (Current Employee), Benoni, GPJuly 11, 2014
My experiences allow me to see the broader picture and its implication; hence this strengthens my abilities to reach the ultimate goals.
very fast paced
Back admin manager (Current Employee), Barberton, MPJune 24, 2014
Pros: many training courses that the company pays for
Cons: long hours
We have many tasks to complete each day, and have to learn to multitask

You need to manage your own time and staff to be as productive as possible
Management are under a lot of pressure and sometimes forget that their staff have families to go to

The hardest part of the job is that your family always has to come second, you have to work shift that – more... can be anything from 11 to 15 hours, without overtime.

On some weekends you work without being paid

The most enjoyable part is that we get to attend many training courses and its easy to build a team – less
productive and challenging
forklift driver (Former Employee), Centurion, GPJune 11, 2014
Pros: no
Cons: long hours
hard day at work i learned how to work as a team, and i miss my co-workers. the hardest part of the job is to offload the stock from the truck and the enjoyable part is to scan the stock and the management was perfect.
Productive and has room for improvement
Cashier (Former Employee), Philippi, WCJune 4, 2014
Pros: if need be or if the company is doing well, i ll always appreciate the appreciation they are giving to us, but it is not a must.
Cons: i am always willing to work over and above normal days, as long i am compensated for that
Some days its hectic and other days its not that hectic
I have learned to work with difficult customers and be always polite
when helping them.

Less complaints from the customers makes my bosses happy about my work.

Though people differs with their personalities,it is always important to get along with colleagues.

Month end is almost always the – more... longest hours at work.

When my bosses appreciate the good work i m doing, or the bad work that i might be doing, i like constructive criticism. – less
staff were productive
Stock Administrator (Former Employee), Port Elizabeth, ECMay 22, 2014
I would plan what i would do for the day
To be patiance with customers
To work with staff not against them
That they are more productive if you treat them fairly
is being in two places at once
working with people that make your job enjoyable
thriving work place
Regional Personnel Management (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPMay 12, 2014
My average day at work would be a high energy day working through my regions and dealing with the staffs queries and complaints , i believe that in human resource field you always thrown new challenges and i thrive on knowing that every day is a new learning experience and it will always be my passion.
productive
data capture clerk (Former Employee), Port Elizabeth, ECMay 12, 2014
Pros: staff credit card
learned to be patient because it is a big company and working with other people. also to understand other cultures and religions of different people I was working with. The management understood the needs of their employees and very supportive.
Team work
cashier (Current Employee), Thohoyandou, LPMay 8, 2014
Pros: team work
Cons: no growth opportunities
the pressures of working in a service environment are real and heavy, as "the customer is always right". This makes it a little difficult to keep the customer satisfied and not bend company policy.

Being in a team oriented environment gives me peace of mind as I know I always have my colleagues support to lean on.
this makes it so much fun to be at – more... work and I never have to dread being at work as I know that I have support for the hardest part of my job. – less
NON-FOODS ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Durban, ZNMay 5, 2014
busy
i learnt a lot about stock customer experience how to deal with moody customers how to learn a helping hand
management can manage
helpful at times
carrying boxes
Productive nd fin
Cashier (Former Employee), Cape Town, WCMay 4, 2014
Pros: vouchers on chrismas
Cons: long hours
Productive /nice place indeed you gain a lot of expirience it was good to me to work for them i did enjoyed each nd every moment the management/staff wer good we working things right
Work is done when needed, not much for future
Creditors Clark (Current Employee), Port Elizabeth, ECApril 30, 2014
Pros: staff discount
Cons: just a number
This stage is very frustrating as staff only do what is expected. Feel like there is no future, as management is not concentrating to see how to grow their staff. Learning new systems and to get out of routine of doing the same thing over and to see where to improve the work flow.
Its very nice there ans I enjoy wirkin there
Blockman (Former Employee), Cape Town, WCApril 17, 2014
Pros: one hour lunch
Cons: 45 hours per week
Shoprite is a fine company and their facility is in very good because they providw a best training in meat processing. While the oportunity are in high steaks as long as u work hard.

1 2 3 4 5

About Shoprite Group

The Shoprite brand is one of the leaders in South African food retailing and is, according to independent market research, the – Read more