Shoprite Group

Shoprite Group Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
very fast paced
Back admin manager (Current Employee), Barberton, MPJune 24, 2014
Pros: many training courses that the company pays for
Cons: long hours
We have many tasks to complete each day, and have to learn to multitask

You need to manage your own time and staff to be as productive as possible
Management are under a lot of pressure and sometimes forget that their staff have families to go to

The hardest part of the job is that your family always has to come second, you have to work shift that – more... can be anything from 11 to 15 hours, without overtime.

On some weekends you work without being paid

The most enjoyable part is that we get to attend many training courses and its easy to build a team – less
productive and challenging
forklift driver (Former Employee), Centurion, GPJune 11, 2014
Pros: no
Cons: long hours
hard day at work i learned how to work as a team, and i miss my co-workers. the hardest part of the job is to offload the stock from the truck and the enjoyable part is to scan the stock and the management was perfect.
Productive and has room for improvement
Cashier (Former Employee), Philippi, WCJune 4, 2014
Pros: if need be or if the company is doing well, i ll always appreciate the appreciation they are giving to us, but it is not a must.
Cons: i am always willing to work over and above normal days, as long i am compensated for that
Some days its hectic and other days its not that hectic
I have learned to work with difficult customers and be always polite
when helping them.

Less complaints from the customers makes my bosses happy about my work.

Though people differs with their personalities,it is always important to get along with colleagues.

Month end is almost always the – more... longest hours at work.

When my bosses appreciate the good work i m doing, or the bad work that i might be doing, i like constructive criticism. – less
staff were productive
Stock Administrator (Former Employee), Port Elizabeth, ECMay 22, 2014
I would plan what i would do for the day
To be patiance with customers
To work with staff not against them
That they are more productive if you treat them fairly
is being in two places at once
working with people that make your job enjoyable
thriving work place
Regional Personnel Management (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPMay 12, 2014
My average day at work would be a high energy day working through my regions and dealing with the staffs queries and complaints , i believe that in human resource field you always thrown new challenges and i thrive on knowing that every day is a new learning experience and it will always be my passion.
data capture clerk (Former Employee), Port Elizabeth, ECMay 12, 2014
Pros: staff credit card
learned to be patient because it is a big company and working with other people. also to understand other cultures and religions of different people I was working with. The management understood the needs of their employees and very supportive.
Team work
cashier (Current Employee), Thohoyandou, LPMay 8, 2014
Pros: team work
Cons: no growth opportunities
the pressures of working in a service environment are real and heavy, as "the customer is always right". This makes it a little difficult to keep the customer satisfied and not bend company policy.

Being in a team oriented environment gives me peace of mind as I know I always have my colleagues support to lean on.
this makes it so much fun to be at – more... work and I never have to dread being at work as I know that I have support for the hardest part of my job. – less
NON-FOODS ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Durban, ZNMay 5, 2014
busy
i learnt a lot about stock customer experience how to deal with moody customers how to learn a helping hand
management can manage
helpful at times
carrying boxes
Productive nd fin
Cashier (Former Employee), Cape Town, WCMay 4, 2014
Pros: vouchers on chrismas
Cons: long hours
Productive /nice place indeed you gain a lot of expirience it was good to me to work for them i did enjoyed each nd every moment the management/staff wer good we working things right
Work is done when needed, not much for future
Creditors Clark (Current Employee), Port Elizabeth, ECApril 30, 2014
Pros: staff discount
Cons: just a number
This stage is very frustrating as staff only do what is expected. Feel like there is no future, as management is not concentrating to see how to grow their staff. Learning new systems and to get out of routine of doing the same thing over and to see where to improve the work flow.
Its very nice there ans I enjoy wirkin there
Blockman (Former Employee), Cape Town, WCApril 17, 2014
Pros: one hour lunch
Cons: 45 hours per week
Shoprite is a fine company and their facility is in very good because they providw a best training in meat processing. While the oportunity are in high steaks as long as u work hard.
Hard work very little benefits
Shelf Packer (Former Employee), Cape Town, WCApril 15, 2014
Hard work very little benefits
Long Working hours
No chance of advancement
cash office clerk (Current Employee), Ganysa North westApril 10, 2014
I learnt that working on huge amount of money does not really tempt a person to steal or engage on criminal activities like fraud it depend on the individual character and personality . The hardest part of my work in when electronic device is not working due to technical errors because that slow down production and I have to be very patient. my co-workers – more... are people which we have one thing in common which is to put an effort to help our organisation archive its goal and continue its existence while we attain our personal goals and they are not my friends. The most enjoyable part of my job is I use my mind to perform my duties not my physical strength .management does not always put into place equivalent resources to the work expected to be done. – less
PRODUCTIVE AND GOOD TEACHING
CLERK (Current Employee), Pretoria, GPApril 10, 2014
Pros: off days
WHEN ITS NOT A BUSY DAY
GREAT MANNEGEMENT
VERY FUN WHEN COMMUNICATING WITH CUSTOMERS
Time Management
Personnel Clerk (Current Employee), Cape Town, WCApril 3, 2014
Pros: great line manager
Cons: no much room for growth
The job is deadline driven, so you need to do time management and priorities your day and also keep in mind attention to detail because you are working with employees hours and money.
productive and strict work place
non food assistant (Former Employee), Cape Town, WCApril 1, 2014
it was a simple work and everyday i learned new stuff.
the management was very supportive and believed in me.
my ex-colleagues were there when ever i needed assistance and i learnt a from them because they were more experienced than me and they were good to me.
stocktaking was a bit tricky for me, but then I've managed well and my manager and my controller – more... were both impressed.
the most enjoyable part of the job is when i'm helping customers and the long hour lunch, i think it was the most enjoyable part of the job for me. – less
leaned a lot
L2 LEARNERSHIP (Former Employee), Johannesburg, GPMarch 31, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: non
busy days most of the time. how to operate a retail store. good management. my co-workers were professional. working at the front end.
It was good to be part of shoprite Group and fun
Cashier (Former Employee), Sebokeng Plaza, GPMarch 30, 2014
Pros: free tea, coffee or juice
Cons: normal hours and over time sometimes
We were like a family,every one was asome,i have learned lots of things and the managemant was so supportive,helpfull and perfect.
Work under pressure at all times
Cashier (Former Employee), Khayelitsha, WCMarch 19, 2014
Cons: long hours
Shoprite was always busy at all times.
you have to accurate at all time especially when its busy.
Hardest part was working long hours,sometimes wont get any lunch time.
Perishable (Former Employee), Somerset West, WCMarch 10, 2014
Pros: getting to know most cultures
Cons: working conditions
i enjoyed every day at work but sometimes there are those co-workers who just can turn your day from being awesome to hell of a day, the management was just doing it's job.
The hardest part was to go to work on rainy day riding a bicycle because there is no transpot from where we resides to work so we had to use bicycles. the most enjoyable part was – more... when you get to work and you assist a smilling customers – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Shoprite Group

The Shoprite brand is one of the leaders in South African food retailing and is, according to independent market research, the – Read more