Shoprite Group

Shoprite Group Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
PRODUCTIVE AND GOOD TEACHING
CLERK (Current Employee), Pretoria, GPApril 10, 2014
Pros: off days
WHEN ITS NOT A BUSY DAY
GREAT MANNEGEMENT
VERY FUN WHEN COMMUNICATING WITH CUSTOMERS
Time Management
Personnel Clerk (Current Employee), Cape Town, WCApril 3, 2014
Pros: great line manager
Cons: no much room for growth
The job is deadline driven, so you need to do time management and priorities your day and also keep in mind attention to detail because you are working with employees hours and money.
productive and strict work place
non food assistant (Former Employee), Cape Town, WCApril 1, 2014
it was a simple work and everyday i learned new stuff.
the management was very supportive and believed in me.
my ex-colleagues were there when ever i needed assistance and i learnt a from them because they were more experienced than me and they were good to me.
stocktaking was a bit tricky for me, but then I've managed well and my manager and my controller – more... were both impressed.
the most enjoyable part of the job is when i'm helping customers and the long hour lunch, i think it was the most enjoyable part of the job for me. – less
leaned a lot
L2 LEARNERSHIP (Former Employee), Johannesburg, GPMarch 31, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: non
busy days most of the time. how to operate a retail store. good management. my co-workers were professional. working at the front end.
It was good to be part of shoprite Group and fun
Cashier (Former Employee), Sebokeng Plaza, GPMarch 30, 2014
Pros: free tea, coffee or juice
Cons: normal hours and over time sometimes
We were like a family,every one was asome,i have learned lots of things and the managemant was so supportive,helpfull and perfect.
Work under pressure at all times
Cashier (Former Employee), Khayelitsha, WCMarch 19, 2014
Cons: long hours
Shoprite was always busy at all times.
you have to accurate at all time especially when its busy.
Hardest part was working long hours,sometimes wont get any lunch time.
productive
Perishable (Former Employee), Somerset West, WCMarch 10, 2014
Pros: getting to know most cultures
Cons: working conditions
i enjoyed every day at work but sometimes there are those co-workers who just can turn your day from being awesome to hell of a day, the management was just doing it's job.
The hardest part was to go to work on rainy day riding a bicycle because there is no transpot from where we resides to work so we had to use bicycles. the most enjoyable part was – more... when you get to work and you assist a smilling customers – less
fun work place and acceptable
packer (Former Employee), kZNFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: christmas hats
Cons: overtime working
I thank the company for the least experience they gave to me, I appreciate the opportunity they offered me, for being exposed into a work place.
fun working place
shelve packer (Former Employee), Kempton Park, GPFebruary 20, 2014
when the stock is delivered almost everyday there will be no space to pack it
productive and fun
cash office clerk (Former Employee), Nelspruit, MPFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: free breakfst
Cons: small rate
A bank called and say our money does not balance,we are short,we spent the whole day trying find out what happened.luckily we find the mistake we made after too much shouting from management.
I have learned that you have to take your work serious to achieve good results.
Managent was good but at times they were difficult,but i understood the pressure – more... they were in most of the time.
I had friendly relationship with my co-workers.
The hardest part was when it was busy and we had to go home late and there was no transport.
The most enjoyable part was when we made more sales and management appreciate it. – less
Customer problem solving and relations
Trainee Manager (Current Employee), Alberton, GPFebruary 17, 2014
Pros: experience and people skills and knowledge
Cons: moving from shop to shop, unfairness, lack of communication
All section requires assistance to public vital and most important for every day in the work place at the shop rite group.

Gained a lot of experience with in the 2 years of being with The shop rite group. Many challenges not one day would be the same all Un-predictable. Front admin would be considered as the hardest section in this retail environment.
a – more... lot of responsibility to co workers and staff as well to see to customers and suppliers and accommodating buyers

to work with the public solving customer queries and to insure a happy customer at the end of the day is the top priority as seen for me our customers is our most vital and important asset in any industry. – less
Retail what else is there to say.
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Boksburg, GPJanuary 25, 2014
Pros: experience..good medical aid
Cons: long hours.customers swearing.alarm call outs.working overtime a lot.
The thing about Shoprite/checkers is there is plenty of room for learning and getting the experience.
The company is headstrong disciplined and they are on top.
Downside for working for the company is u don't have a life no family or social events outside of company.
Shoprite provides job security
Personnel Assistant (Current Employee), Pietermaritzburg, ZNJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: exposed to all aspects for business
Cons: extensive traveling
Shoprite has provided me with the opportunity work in a large retail company. I have gained much experience in both the HR and IR aspects of Human Resource Management.
productive,fun and challenging
Assistant Manager(Fresh foods) (Former Employee), Empangeni, ZNJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: free lunchies, having cash in your pocket while doing banking
Cons: long hours and the over time claimed must be in line with the trading hours of the store
my hardest part was when i was a manager to do banking and cashing up of cashiers and one cashier stoleR5000 and i had to encounter and explain how the cashier went out with that amount of money,i have learnt that a person can steal in a blink of an eye and never saw her.i enjoyed when customers come to thank me for giving them the best service
Busy environment
Trainee manager (Former Employee), Hammanskraal, GPJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: long working hours & limited payment
The shifts started very early in the morning and from the on-set we had duties to fulfil as trainees. It is a well-known supermarket and services provided are in high demand, which makes this a busy environment.
Productuctive
Administration Clerk (Current Employee), Despatch, ECJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: long hours
• I am an excellent communicator at all levels with superb customer relation skills
• Results focused: provides drive and determination to get the job done
• Uses initiative and takes responsibility for decisions
• Ability to see the "big picture" and relate specific tasks to the outcome of the whole
• Enjoys learning new skills and facing new challenges; – more... committed to self-growth
• Organised, accurate and detail-orientated, can co-ordinate many tasks simultaneously
• Methodical and ordered approach to tasks – less
I love retail more now, ilike being active all the time, instore activities are so greate.
assistant manager (Current Employee), Nelspruit, MPJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: good bonus when we maintain our shrinkage, staff tea free
Cons: new staff always it makes our job so difficult.
management, I really enjoy being part of shoprite group, since working there I have gained so much knowledge in their instore trainings and the change in technology.

The hardest part of the job is when we cant keep staff for a long time then we have to train new staff always and it make our job not easy because we cant satisfy our customers , with – more... new staff always we cant maintain our store standard.

what I've learned is I can multitask, delegate, perseverance, listening is a skill,respect and being consistence helps to run the business smoothly. – less
Productive Company
Chef (Former Employee), Potgietersrus, LPJanuary 10, 2014
Co-operating Workers,Learned so many things enjoy cooking pap and vleis
Productive but not a career job
shelf packer (Former Employee), Rustenburg, NWJanuary 7, 2014
- Customers are always on your case
- Always be polite even if the customer is wrong
- Management can be rude sometimes but at the end of the they want whats best for company
- co-workers always good to each other
- As they say "the customer is always right".
- To be honest its always hard work but sometimes it can be enjoyable
Fun Big place to work at.
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Johannesburg, GPDecember 30, 2013
Pros: workin shifts and monthly incentives
Cons: working night shifts
When you work under a labour broker in a warehouse whereby you work shifts, you do not get motivated because you feel that you don't get the recognition that you deserve.

1 2 3 4 5

About Shoprite Group

The Shoprite brand is one of the leaders in South African food retailing and is, according to independent market research, the – Read more