Technology Innovation Agency Employee Reviews

Productive work environment
Portfolio Manager (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng30 August 2016
The type of work I am doing makes an impact on the lives of entrepreneurs in a financial and non-financial way. I have learned business management skills as well as Intellectual Property management and commercial law skills in my current job.
Productive and Creative working place
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal26 April 2016
Come in at 07h30 am, check e-mails, do administrative work, set up meeting, write meeting minutes, communicate with stakeholders,
Pros
Good work environment
Productive and fun workplace
Intern (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal13 April 2016
I get the instruction from the mentor and things are done professionally and there is a family like type of environment at workplace.
Science is natured
Junior Research Scientist (Former Employee) –  Durban23 February 2016
It is a very flexible environment with different types of projects, therefore an employee gets exposed to every aspect of a science project there are no restrictions. I learnt a lot at T.I.A by the time my in service training ended, i knew how to run a HPLC, Bio-reactors etc, but there were difficulties that were faced more especially when there was a contaminant in the reactors. I enjoyed being able to run the bio-reactors with my junior colleagues without the assistance from the seniors, the seniors gave us numerous chances to operates the projects so that we can learn from them and acquire various skills on our own in other to survive in this science field.
Pros
Exposure to different projects
Cons
Challenges
Very productive
Reception/Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng14 February 2016
I had the most outstanding experience of my life in this company, it basically taught me everything i needed to know about being a outstanding professional that i am today.
Productive workplace
Executive Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, GP25 February 2015
Its a very busy environment with different types of people.My day to day involvement with these people is when they bring documents for signature of which I am required to proof read before passing them to the CFO for signature.

The hardest part of the job is taking minutes especially where there are sensitive issues discussed and I have to hear about it. e.g (disciplinary hearings)

The enjoyable part of the job is managing the CFO's office.(being in control)

What I have learned at TIA is to be humble and yet firm with the colleagues especially when it comes to managing movement in the CFO's office(I am the best gate keeper)
Pros
Being appreciated as an employee.
Cons
Waking up in the middle of the night to sort travel arrangements
4 out 5
Senior Specialist: Workout & Resstructuring (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, GP2 October 2014
TIA is technology funding company with lots of educated people and therefore I have learnt a lot within the company.
Has potential
Investment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, GP11 September 2014
Has a lot of potential should it be run by proper management.
Pros
flexible working hours
Cons
no trust
Fun workplace
internship programme-marketing (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, EC29 March 2014
Typical day at work-We were required to prepaire a presentation about our understanding about the company. I was vry excited as this was my first presentation. It was my turn to present,everything went well,the managers were impresed. I'll never forget that day. Our managers were very supportive,loving people and we could count on them.
Pros
travelling
Innovative and exciting
Human Resources Western and Northern Cape (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, WC5 March 2014
Exciting company to work for, Their mandate is to bring as many new products through the various industry to market and create economic growth to SA.

Gives you the opportunity to feel like "You make a difference"
Benefits
Cons
Currently without a CEO
Intern: IT Support, Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, GP27 January 2014
I enjoy my work each and everyday. I even take some work home if necessary. I learned more about team work. The ot important thing i like about my job is helping people.
Pros
lunch for 1hr
Cons
8 hrs work
Very productive workplace but no room for growth within the company
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, WC5 November 2013
Work day is a very busy one, being the receptionist im always multi-tasking and helping the employers with admin work and the phone is constantly busy, while all this is happening im always smiling and welcoming those that visit the company.

I feel that this job is limited and that there is a need to move on.
The best part is helping staff members and GM's and i had the opportunity of working on Pastel.
Pros
Very rewarding job
Cons
Not enough room for growth, limited in my ability to move up the ladder.
coming to TIA was the best thing that have ever happened to me career wise, as much as i have done my degree in Finance and Investment, i love the BSM
intern Business Strategy Management unit (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, GP5 June 2013
i have learned alot and appreciate what TIA has done for by first employing and teaching me the robs of how to conduct me self among senior management since i worked closed with them,

the hardest part of my job was getting information, specially from senior management

having the best CEO one can ask for, the independence my boss gave me so i can learn fast. my boss telling me the Minister has approved the Annual Performance Plan, the confidence she had in me

at TIA you would never feel like no body cares about you, apart from your job
Pros
learning opportunties within the company
Cons
having to straggle for information people know you need to do you Job
The Agency has the potential to make a huge impact in improving the lives of all South African
Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  Menlyn, Pretoria7 February 2013
A very important Agency with a potential to make South Africa one of the leading countries in technology innovation. Have some dedicated and hard working teams and with more support from all relevant stakeholders, the Agency will achieve its objectives and more.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
management