The Foschini Group Employee Reviews

structured and fun work place
Visual and sales Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal11 November 2017
mondays we plan our teams across the whole store, expectations, monthly, weekly, daily targets, motivations, areas need correcting in terms of discipline if any, salute those who done well,

i love a work place where the culture is made out of team spirit, respect and able to share tasks without being told, where the workmanship is natural.
Pros
fun team building
Cons
failing to appreciate employees and management, as well contractors
Performance driven culture.
Senior Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg16 October 2017
Hugjly educated, skilled and competent. Have a 11 years experience in retail management. Good at problem solving, and labour relations. Performance driven.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Long hours.
A diverse and sometimes enjoyable environment
sales associates (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng9 October 2017
A typical day at work would include house keeping , doing admin ,fixing the store and focusing on keeping the customers happy while pushing sales as hard as possible .

Working at a company that is part of the Foschini group has taught me a lot of things such as customer service , management ,different ways to reach target ,how the retail business works , how to focus on the main goal even when things are not going right and more .
Challenging environment with opportunity for great learning and development
Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  Parow, Western Cape24 September 2017
A challenging and fast paced environment. Opportunity to collaborate across different departments. Team work is vital and communication is key.
Requires quick thinking, solution driven mindset and the ability to react quickly to changes in the market.
Pros
Discounts on all products at companies associated with the Group
Cons
Limited resources to be more effective in job roles
Values and grows employees.
Sales Assistant,administration clerk,store manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng15 September 2017
The Foschini group is a good company to grow in. Started as a sales assistant and work hard and ended as a store manager.Being part of thier team was rewarding.
Pros
staff discount
My career at Totalsports
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape15 August 2017
Totalsports has its ups and downs but nevertheless I enjoy working here. They gave me the opportunity to be apart of a great work place . I have not bad words to say about my experience at Totalsports.
Pros
I get to go to massive campaigns .
Cons
I have to come to work on my pff days.
productive and fleible
CREDIT ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  capte town11 August 2017
target driven environment, team building and effective performance.
diversity and flexible in hours and different departments.workplace culture involves mixed communication,dealing with customers of different cultures and backgrounds.different language use in a day
Pros
benefits and hours
Cons
growth in current department
productive and fun
service / cellphone consultant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg25 July 2017
Retail and fashion is not an easy industry to crack especially with out an experience ,but having management that had seen potential and had Faith in me I have made it when I left I had have leant all the department's in the retail
great for a go getter
Cellular Specialist (Former Employee) –  KwaDukuza, KwaZulu-Natal21 July 2017
the jobs at tfg are pretty straight forward, if you are good at your job you get recognized and groomed for a better position. how ever i havnt seen in my time any body moving higher than a store manager
Pros
room for growth
Cons
working hours
good working environment
sales agent (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape9 July 2017
I had to meet my daily, weekly and monthly targets. I learned to build rapport with the client, the management changed when the new managers joined the company. I enjoyed meeting my targets and helping other team members to meet their targets.
Pros
incentives
Cons
short working hours

Want to know more about The Foschini Group?

Ask a question
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Polokwane, Limpopo7 July 2017
At my time it was not a joyful workplace to work in but now I see there is lot of improvement. I see employment equity is been practiced and fairly people are being well looked after
Pros
Every employee is entitled for and hour lunch
Diverse working environment
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Parow, Western Cape6 July 2017
Having to rush off to work everyday after university, it was fairly difficult to balance out being a full time student and part time six days a week employee. Overall it was a lovely company to work for, my fellow colleagues and supervisor was good to work with, however it was a positive environment to work within.
Pros
Flexi shifts, considering being a full time student
Cons
Not being granted study time.
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng2 July 2017
I work at this company as a sales assistant because this company is at the same path as the career i choose which is sales . Am hard worker i can work
Pros
No lunch
Too productive
Jewellery Boutique Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Randburg, Gauteng30 June 2017
It's a very good company to work for and if you go extra like I'm your work, you get promotion. The working hours are very long and no time for family as one have to work weekends and public holidays.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Very long hours especially during the festive season
No balance
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng20 June 2017
Store manegers Work so much on budget and abuse employees rights for no one overlooks what they really do. Many of them don't even uterlise bucket hours
Pros
Free uniform
Cons
Hire enough staff for current stuff to have work and life balance. Remember employee obsession
Productive, enjoyable working enviroment
Fashion Consultant (Current Employee) –  East London, Eastern Cape11 June 2017
Working here is a breeze, you learn new things almost everyday, and everyday is a new day to challenge yourself, to learn and to grow. Plus, the clothes are great. Working here has taught me how to be patient, taught me how to fold clothes, to interact with customers and customer service. The hardest or painful part is when we have to change the look of the store, but everything else is great.
Pros
Staff Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
Fun working place and personal development
Manager (Former Employee) –  KwaZulu-Natal7 June 2017
Be an active and willing to work kind of person and you will grow.Honesty and trust is key.Show interest and they will recognise you.Love your work.Be friendly.
Pros
Prizes for staff when you do good, appreciation
Cons
Long standing hours
Goal orientated, target driven, values inspired culture....family feel
HR Consultant, Training (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape7 June 2017
I think I said it in my review summary. At TFG you must be a team player. Values and Culture are important. You will never get bored...there is no time!!!!! Many of my life lessons were learnt during my time there. I have worked with some amazing people....both subordinate, peers and management. Not everday is rosy but where is it ever. We worked hard and partied hard.
Fun and lively work environemtn
DATA CAPTURING CLERK AND CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape7 June 2017
A typical day at work is very productive, lively, and exciting.

I learned to multi-task and how to deal with different kinds of people.

The hardest part of the job was having to deal with unhappy clients and trying to resolve an almost impossible issue.

The most enjoyable part of the job was having to compete with colleagues and being rewarded. this made working fun and productive.
Pros
Permanent and Secure position
Cons
Uncomfortable shifts
Fun work place
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Parow5 June 2017
Constant changes in company, but overall it's a safe and secure environment. Lunch times are half an hour with lots of access to nearby stores.management is reasonable too
Pros
Company discount