Uthungulu District Municipality Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Asn an intern, i have an opportunity to be explosed in all the finance department / sections within the municipality. this has upgraded my knowledge.
Finance Intern : Credit Control (Former Employee) –  RichardsbayFebruary 8, 2013
credit control as the position that I'm currently in at the moment. very challenging as you get to work with people of different age, culture and well beings. Some customers are very rude and difficult to work with but all is achieved through professionalism and determination. the management gives no mercy as they want the target to be mate and deadlines achieved. when a customer walks from my office with a smile on their face, that is what i enjoy the most in my job.
Pros
assisting the customers in need and render community service to keep the community happy
Cons
the municipal politics and distrimination
its a fun and a very informative workplace.
Environmental Health Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Richards Bay, ZNApril 8, 2015
I work at deep rural areas, where I get to interact with different kinds of communities and people. I have learned to communicate comfortably with people of different cultures and races. I have learned to investigate different communicable disease and implement preventative measures within these community. Working together with my co-workers we have conducted a lot of health and safety awareness training. the hardest part of the job is driving in Rural areas where the roads are not in good condition. the most enjoyable part of the job is when outbreaks are effectively investigated and resolved.
Job satisfaction.
Industrial Relations Officer (Current Employee) –  Richards BayMarch 6, 2013
Ensuring that management and employer/employee relations do not get in the way of service delivery to communities we serve.

It is very important not to get bogged down with the politics that define the environment, but rather to get the job done as effeciently and as effectively as possible.
Pros
job satisfaction derived from making an impact in the lives of ordinary people.
Cons
it is a very political environment.
Hectic and always under pressure
Acting Manager SCM (Current Employee) –  kznFebruary 14, 2014
Begin the day early in the morning at 7H30,check attendant register, authorize order and GRN. ave a quick morning meeting if need be and check on my diary what is my day like and which meetings to be attended.

Priorise and work and check if there are any work to be delegated.I have learn to communicate and coordinate information with the staff. Have also learnt that each individual staff member are different in their own right.

The hardest part of my job is where by you have to deal with difficult employee.
The most enjoyable part of my job is that you get to meet different people, and expose to different things everyday
Pros
afternoon-offs
Cons
long-hours and work phone calls even if you are off.
Politically Controlled
Committee Officer (Current Employee) –  Richards Bay, ZNJuly 9, 2013
It is more culture driven than climate driven.

No open door policy

Too much red tape
Cons
rigidi and stagnant
productive and advancement
internship (Former Employee) –  Richards Bay, ZNSeptember 2, 2013
Internship is a good way to start for you furture puposes, some times a person learn in a hard way but at the end of the day you receive a key to your furture life. there were some hard and good times when i did my internship at Uthungulu Municipality but i always tooke all those as an introduction to a work environment.
Pros
free lunch some times
Well proffesional managed Municipality
Rural Services System Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Richards Bay, ZNFebruary 19, 2014
My typical day at work was when I had to deal with suppliers supplied wrong material as compared to the given specification

I learned how to deal with contractors and Community members

2.9