Wakefern Food Corporation

Wakefern Food Corporation Employee Reviews

It's a good company,infrastructure conditions shows safety,outside workplace look like a good working environment, and hopefully good stuff.
Receptionist/Admin (Current Employee) –  Mpumalanga, KwaZulu-Natal6 November 2016
It is it resting to work for a company that also tees responsibilities for their employees safety working environment,register the encloses, plan for the retirement funds,pay them at least a reasonable salary,promote and encourage them to attend training programmes about the job that they do or duties that they are perform in the company
Pros
Don't matter I can bring my own lunch, but if offered I appreciate it to my employer's
Cons
That don't matter as long as transportation is available
advancement, productive,salary,benefits and free lunch
Admin Manager (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng12 October 2016
It a great company to work for very productive and growing company with good benefits but long hours and no lunch time. Teamwork Is emphasised alot of pressure involve.I've learned to work under little or no supervision.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long hours, no lunch time and alarm callout
fun and challenging
cashier (Former Employee) –  Groblersdal, Limpopo11 September 2016
-I've managed to acquire a better working experience through long hours and being under pressure.My co-workers were fun and co-operating, and the hardest part of the job was to serve a moody and grumpy customer, though I had to give my best as to always satisfy our customer's needs.
Pros
Reasonable salary
Cons
productive, customer oriented and good working conditions
Till packer and general work (Former Employee) –  Gauteng in Eastrand vosloorus14 June 2016
The company is customer oriented, thus every employee knows customers come first, very productive, long working hours even on public holidays. Strong front management such as supervisors, fun work, communicating with different people and everyone is treated the same.
Pros
general work doing variety of work
Cons
long hours on public holidays and low salary rate
secure,safe nd fair workplace
merchandising (Former Employee) –  Gauteng5 October 2016
The best company to work in,secure and safe and they pay well maintaining salary also it's a place where u feel welcomed,As I am experienced in merchandising I am also willing to learn new work always open to New opportunities
Pros
stable hours
Cons
work overtime
Pleasurable place to work
Office job (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape23 September 2016
A nice day at work for me would be to fulfill all my duties and meet the deadlines when needed and last but not least is to provide help to my fellow workers.
Pros
Salary worth time and effort and working to build a future
Cons
People that work against you. Instead of with you
productive
Parker (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape24 September 2016
Working at shoprite was the best thing because I've leant so much in such a short period of time.the are so many benefits and the management is Good
Pros
free lunches
Cons
normal hours
Productive and fun
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng24 May 2016
We would be expected to submit reports and some of the schools were difficult to work with and didn't want to sign those reports. I have learned to work under pressure with a very little salary. Managers would expect us to deal with those difficult teachers or learners without them assisting us. Winter time we were supposed to work . I enjoyed working with school kids as if I was a teacher though I was just a peer educator.
Pros
FREE UNIFORM
Cons
WORKING ON WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS
fun
stock taking (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng8 June 2016
hard working company with more benefits i learned so much from them it was nice working with them problem you work few hours in few days which takes us to less money i leaned to physical perform and to group work with different cultures
Pros
free transport
Cons
Productive i think it good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal16 September 2016
It was very nice coz we get wat ever we need nd productive it k our manager they always smilling nd as well as our salary am happy with it we get free launch
Pros
Cons
It depend on shift
Good character builder
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Nigel, Gauteng12 April 2016
A good company to work for at the beginning of ones career.
Good bonuses but not of late other smaller retailers like the unknown checkout and Cambridge get a better salary.
Too many line manager who are in contrast of what you should be doing
Pros
Strong training
Cons
Long hours with no lunch and tea break
This was the place to be, co-workers were initiative and that really put me in a working mood at work. Relationship amongst staff was the best.
Inventory clerk/Truck lolader/Checker (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape24 March 2016
We would laugh most of the time during work, they had sense of humor. The working environment there made it easy for me to do my job. I felt no pressure there because I knew if there was one of us not done loading their truck when it's home time, we wouldn't go but help that one member to finish his truck.
Pros
Over-time benefits
Cons
Hard-labour
productive and fun workplace
shelfpacker (Former Employee) –  Mpumalanga15 September 2016
what I enjoyed the most about working at this company was the way they managed us as a team, we were treated equally with love and respect. They taught us how to work as a team and how to be punctual at work and how to approach customers when they need help or any other things that are needed by a customers. I learnt to be focus on whatever IAM doing. What was hard about my job was that we had to work long hours most of the time especially when the shop is busy and we were sometimes forced to skip lunches. And what I enjoyed most was the way they were treating us and the day offs we had after our hard workings, that really showed that our hard works were preciated.
Pros
best coiiegues
fun workplace
Shelf Packer (Former Employee) –  Westonaria, Gauteng26 May 2016
I and my co-workers we were working peacefully. the only probleme we had was the manager. she couldnt speak to people well and didnt treat people well or in a profesional.
Pros
free food at nightshift
Cons
small salary
Very productive and fun place.
Cashier / Packer (Former Employee) –  Florida2 November 2016
what i have learned is how to interact well with different customers,irrespective of their age, race or group and has groomed me to be able to deal with different situations of customers. We worked as well as a team of co-workers together with the management making sure that we always act professional and with integrity.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
a very great place to be
barkery counter assistant (Former Employee) –  Nelspruit, Mpumalanga22 November 2016
muzi's chicken was the place where i have developed my communication abilities around people. was a great place to be, learned that being a sales person it all about patience and you need to be passionate to your job for making it easy when coming across your customers, hardest part was when we working extra hours meaning from 07h00 am until 03h00 am the other day and u will be expected to be available in the morning. we were more like family that is the part i loved the most. my coworkers were very good and religious.
Pros
free food but twice a day
Cons
it is a really a nice place
packer (Former Employee) –  Northern Cape7 July 2016
It an exceptional place.and it is good to work there.no hard working just a good work implyed to your strength.I enjoyed working there it also have good management strategy
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no long hours
Sales executive (Former Employee) –  Klerksdorp,north west2 November 2016
Good and clean enviroment,good team work,always on time..
u can depend on others to do what is expected of us employees to emlpyers.good communication
Pros
Free lunches
productive
cashier (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape9 March 2016
loved everyday at work. just needed more earnings and benefits, like medical aid etc. it was always fun and creative. the people were always fun
Pros
free lunches
cooking
order take (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng12 October 2016
I never worked for this company so i cant say much about the company. Is the first time i here about it but if is around my area i would like to see it maybe get a job there
Pros
free food

3,6