Wakefern Food Corporation

Wakefern Food Corporation Employee Reviews

Always fun to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng16 February 2017
It was a very busy retail in Johannesburg CBD the volume of customers get take you off the roof sometimes and it was not easy to get used to it sometimes. Working as a cashier is a fun job learning to interact with customers face to face on the daily basis. Discipline and time management is always a key as you work on schedules and on weekends which can be tougher sometimes. Management was good down to earth and people you will interact with on a personal level of course always understand when you explain to them why you're late even when you cannot make it to work for a day you can notify them in advance. They was always that enthusiasm to come to work even though you will have one or two customers spoiling your day which can deal with as you meet another customer which you will help with something which makes your day. The hardest part its on Fridays and Saturday end of the month where customer are in their numbers shouting and complaining when queues are long. The most enjoyable time was basically everyday as get used to helping customers and customers shout at you it makes you realise the importance of working with people and understanding their frustration and help resolves most of their concerns.
Pros
90 minutes lunch
Cons
Working on schedule
Afte work workers can do fun
Workrs shoul know how to do salez (Current Employee) –  Limpopo13 February 2017
Productive is more important in the company.what I like about the company I get more challenges each and everyday.and you know difficult customers and you know how to help them and make sure that they come out happy.what I don't like about company is that they don't haired people permanet
Pros
Workers must do it
Cons
Long hours can be availeble
productive and fun work
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Franschhoek, Western Cape6 February 2017
I want to work at this company because I want to help people and the employer and I would like to learn everything that I don't know
Pros
free lunches and free transport
Cons
Eirking together too get the job done
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape6 February 2017
Its was very nice working there i really enjoyd it i would go back too work there anytime. When i started there everyone was keen on showing me the ropes and the ins and outs
Working with manageable stuff
Non food assistance (Current Employee) –  Mpumalanga28 January 2017
Be at work in time. When you arrive at the store know your plans of the day. How ull manage to pack your stock in order for your shelfs to stay full.Be friendly to customers.
Pros
Happy hour
Fun workplace
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pretoria North, Gauteng25 January 2017
A little challenging.i helped people,kept smiles on peoples faces most of th time.i had a chance to showcase my skills and worked wth people.it was amazing how team work is really needed.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short hours
productive
casheir (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape23 January 2017
It was good to work here the staff was nice and friendly i learn alot them the management was so help full good working environment team work was good
Pros
freedom
Phumulani mall tembisa
I like my job very much (Current Employee) –  Gauteng23 January 2017
I was working at shoprite as a cashier and i love my work very much but problem is that the salary its not enough to my needs and want
Pros
U have to come with your food
Cons
1 hour
Productive and fast learner
forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng20 January 2017
Working at these company would make a big difference in my life because if not all a few will obviously change including amongst then knowledge and understanding will be the key factor while at the same time learning ethics and morals of the company.
The value and vision of the company will be a priority and working with pride for me will be the order of the day.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Maximum hours
productivity and fun work place
picker packer (Former Employee) –  cape town western cape moteque gardens20 January 2017
i enjoyed working for city of cape town. we worked hard but i had my days off two days in the week to be exact. people were always in a good mood when they come to work they had a passion for working with people. we would clean the grave yard. It was only contract work. But i did not see myself working as a cleaner for the rest of my life because i have a draughtsman qualification.
Pros
free coffee and 1 hour lunch breaks
Cons
hard work
productive
picker/packer (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape14 January 2017
First day at work I realy enjoyed because it was my first day in a working place and what I like about this job you are working with people so you must be a calm person and you must be able to work in a long hour shift.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
I am the talketive person. I like having funny
cashier and packer (Current Employee) –  Somerset West, Western Cape13 January 2017
Since I have been working for this company I have learned more about customer service how to respect other people opinion . I'm kindly person I do everything I am extracted to do. I am the hard worker
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short hours
Money market
Money market clerk (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng12 January 2017
Just love my job but they cut the hours so I can't handle my self any more...I supporsed to pay rent now I can't because of the money I get from the company
Pros
I buy lunch
Cons
short hours
Fun and exciting place
Storeman (Current Employee) –  Western Cape7 January 2017
Will advise people to work here.I have learned and expierence many things from my fellow staff and management.Skills i can utilise any where.
Pros
Double pay
Cons
Short lunches
fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng6 January 2017
I enjoy my time working at shoprite its a very nice and fun place to work at, because can work under pressure at all times .I am also very hard working and dedicated. I give all my attention to the tasked given to me and ensure the best results is achieved.I would definitely go back into retail its something that I would love to do again and being a manager was was my greatest achievement.
Pros
overtime
production and fun workshop
sell food (Former Employee) –  secunda6 January 2017
People they really love this workshop cause they saved people with good food and that help us to get tips and our company is neat always on point DAT why people love its ..and we work hard to myk our customers happy and we know how to communicate with them.
Pros
free lauches
Fun work place
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Free state5 January 2017
Working here is amazing, every thing is just perfect. The hours are workable, the people are friendly and comfortable to work with. Working here is just a dream come true I tell you....
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Teamwork is the best remedy for production...
administration (Former Employee) –  LIMPOPO,Polokwane27 December 2016
Working at shoprite taught me how to value everyone s opinions.As we are intercultural people one has to respect other people in order to have better team work
Pros
we don't accept lunch from clients.
Cons
willing to work long hours to push productivity
wakerfrrn food cooperation is company which sells fresh food alway snd im willing to work with them
till packer and cashier (Former Employee) –  Randfontein, Gauteng30 November 2016
I have a good customer service and I can work with different people.I worked as cashier early 2016 and I will be happy if you can hire me to your company.thank you
Pros
free lunch or I can buy myself
Cons
9hours
It is enjoyable to work with people.
cashier (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape30 November 2016
When the customer are on pressure.
I leaned to work with different people.
Always to be on time.
To put a big effort to their job.
To manage people who misunderstanding.
To work with easy people.
Pros
Work will not move forward.
Cons
We can lose the customers rapidle.

3,7