Wakefern Food Corporation Employee Reviews

Phumulani mall tembisa
I like my job very much (Current Employee) –  Gauteng23 January 2017
I was working at shoprite as a cashier and i love my work very much but problem is that the salary its not enough to my needs and want
Pros
U have to come with your food
Cons
1 hour
Productive and fast learner
forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng20 January 2017
Working at these company would make a big difference in my life because if not all a few will obviously change including amongst then knowledge and understanding will be the key factor while at the same time learning ethics and morals of the company.
The value and vision of the company will be a priority and working with pride for me will be the order of the day.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Maximum hours
productive
picker/packer (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape14 January 2017
First day at work I realy enjoyed because it was my first day in a working place and what I like about this job you are working with people so you must be a calm person and you must be able to work in a long hour shift.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
I am the talketive person. I like having funny
cashier and packer (Current Employee) –  Somerset West, Western Cape13 January 2017
Since I have been working for this company I have learned more about customer service how to respect other people opinion . I'm kindly person I do everything I am extracted to do. I am the hard worker
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short hours
Money market
Money market clerk (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng12 January 2017
Just love my job but they cut the hours so I can't handle my self any more...I supporsed to pay rent now I can't because of the money I get from the company
Pros
I buy lunch
Cons
short hours
Fun and exciting place
Storeman (Current Employee) –  Western Cape7 January 2017
Will advise people to work here.I have learned and expierence many things from my fellow staff and management.Skills i can utilise any where.
Pros
Double pay
Cons
Short lunches
fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng6 January 2017
I enjoy my time working at shoprite its a very nice and fun place to work at, because can work under pressure at all times .I am also very hard working and dedicated. I give all my attention to the tasked given to me and ensure the best results is achieved.I would definitely go back into retail its something that I would love to do again and being a manager was was my greatest achievement.
Pros
overtime
production and fun workshop
sell food (Former Employee) –  secunda6 January 2017
People they really love this workshop cause they saved people with good food and that help us to get tips and our company is neat always on point DAT why people love its ..and we work hard to myk our customers happy and we know how to communicate with them.
Pros
free lauches
Fun work place
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Free state5 January 2017
Working here is amazing, every thing is just perfect. The hours are workable, the people are friendly and comfortable to work with. Working here is just a dream come true I tell you....
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Teamwork is the best remedy for production...
administration (Former Employee) –  LIMPOPO,Polokwane27 December 2016
Working at shoprite taught me how to value everyone s opinions.As we are intercultural people one has to respect other people in order to have better team work
Pros
we don't accept lunch from clients.
Cons
willing to work long hours to push productivity
wakerfrrn food cooperation is company which sells fresh food alway snd im willing to work with them
till packer and cashier (Former Employee) –  Randfontein, Gauteng30 November 2016
I have a good customer service and I can work with different people.I worked as cashier early 2016 and I will be happy if you can hire me to your company.thank you
Pros
free lunch or I can buy myself
Cons
9hours
It is enjoyable to work with people.
cashier (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape30 November 2016
When the customer are on pressure.
I leaned to work with different people.
Always to be on time.
To put a big effort to their job.
To manage people who misunderstanding.
To work with easy people.
Pros
Work will not move forward.
Cons
We can lose the customers rapidle.
Fun and productive workplce
Selector (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng23 November 2016
Good work place and good management. Is a company were they provide shops with food and other goodies . The is not much i really know about this company
Cons
a very great place to be
barkery counter assistant (Former Employee) –  Nelspruit, Mpumalanga22 November 2016
muzi's chicken was the place where i have developed my communication abilities around people. was a great place to be, learned that being a sales person it all about patience and you need to be passionate to your job for making it easy when coming across your customers, hardest part was when we working extra hours meaning from 07h00 am until 03h00 am the other day and u will be expected to be available in the morning. we were more like family that is the part i loved the most. my coworkers were very good and religious.
Pros
free food but twice a day
Cons
working with people and assuring their safety
receiving clerk,safety representative (Current Employee) –  vrede free state14 November 2016
I am a very hard working indivisual,who is expressing himself in everything i am doing.honnesty,respect is what keeping my identity valuable.im a fast learner who adapt very quickly into new changes in the working invironment.
Pros
Cons
8hours
productive and nice working place
Stock room assistant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng10 November 2016
I started working as a labour, I worked hard willing to learn everything. I got promoted to being machine operator and setter. I Learned and mastered all type of hydraulic press machines in the company. In 2003 I got retrenched.
Pros
Good teachers
Cons
normal hours
productive
cashier (Former Employee) –  Gauteng8 November 2016
Productive, have good customers communication, they are good suppliers, they make sure they keep their costumers happy, their make sure they argue with customer even the customers are not right.
Pros
own lunch
Cons
normal hours for works
It's a good company,infrastructure conditions shows safety,outside workplace look like a good working environment, and hopefully good stuff.
Receptionist/Admin (Current Employee) –  Mpumalanga, KwaZulu-Natal6 November 2016
It is it resting to work for a company that also tees responsibilities for their employees safety working environment,register the encloses, plan for the retirement funds,pay them at least a reasonable salary,promote and encourage them to attend training programmes about the job that they do or duties that they are perform in the company
Pros
Don't matter I can bring my own lunch, but if offered I appreciate it to my employer's
Cons
That don't matter as long as transportation is available
Sales executive (Former Employee) –  Klerksdorp,north west2 November 2016
Good and clean enviroment,good team work,always on time..
u can depend on others to do what is expected of us employees to emlpyers.good communication
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Very productive and fun place.
Cashier / Packer (Former Employee) –  Florida2 November 2016
what i have learned is how to interact well with different customers,irrespective of their age, race or group and has groomed me to be able to deal with different situations of customers. We worked as well as a team of co-workers together with the management making sure that we always act professional and with integrity.
Pros
Free Lunch

3,7