Wakefern Food Corporation Employee Reviews

not suitable for my health
Perishable Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pretoria29 March 2017
Great place 2 work if you have a family to support u and also if you are a permanent worker. You also gain work experience there it make u to realize what you get in workplace..
Pros
professional
Cons
Normal hours
Productive workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gauteng29 March 2017
Being a cashier taught me to be wide awake when working with money.I have developed punctuality and my love for customer service when i was a cashier.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
I had enjoyable good time to gain most of experience as a general worker there
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Jane Furse, Limpopo18 March 2017
Am willing to get another and work perfectly as well as previous I can either be a security officer,personnel or find any type of job where I will earn a salary of more than what I ever had.
Pros
lunch and teatime
Cons
15 minuts for tea and 60 minuts for lunch
like to have fun with my staff
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  witbank mpumalanga16 March 2017
Work together with ur staff respect ur job take care to costomers smile look friendly
everytime help costomers first respect ur manengers always check. Ur stores that clean
Pros
free lunch
Cons
nomal hours
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ladysmith, KwaZulu-Natal12 March 2017
the management is responsible and I learned a lot how to handle stock and help the customers. The workplace is secured and safe and everything is done accordingly.
productive workplace
Branch Administrator (Former Employee) –  Gauteng7 March 2017
productive and fun workplace,it is a company to work for my dream company, always having fun with staff competting to win customers, always sleep peacefully after a productive growth in sales
Pros
free lunches
Fun
Trainee Waitress (Former Employee) –  Northern Cape Kathu6 March 2017
I`ve worked as an trainee waiter and we had shifts that we worked. I liked the job very much because you have to be able to speak to different kinds of people and see new faces everyday. Every night after shifts you had to clean all the tables that you had that day and when your tables is clean you may leave and take your daily tips that you`ve made.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Standing for long
im a hard work i can do all my best as i can
paker assistant (Current Employee) –  mpumalanga4 March 2017
I really want to work as a paker because is a good job for me , cause im a hard worker i really dont want to miss this job cause im interesting in working in it.
Pros
my own lunch
Cons
9hrs
Frindly collegues to work with as a team, better be much submissive to employers to keep your job secured atleast
General worker (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape21 February 2017
Has been toleratable so far, the employer often pay us short money than the agreed rate but orders employees to work harder and long hours with very strict rules.
Pros
Free coffee
Always fun to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng16 February 2017
It was a very busy retail in Johannesburg CBD the volume of customers get take you off the roof sometimes and it was not easy to get used to it sometimes. Working as a cashier is a fun job learning to interact with customers face to face on the daily basis. Discipline and time management is always a key as you work on schedules and on weekends which can be tougher sometimes. Management was good down to earth and people you will interact with on a personal level of course always understand when you explain to them why you're late even when you cannot make it to work for a day you can notify them in advance. They was always that enthusiasm to come to work even though you will have one or two customers spoiling your day which can deal with as you meet another customer which you will help with something which makes your day. The hardest part its on Fridays and Saturday end of the month where customer are in their numbers shouting and complaining when queues are long. The most enjoyable time was basically everyday as get used to helping customers and customers shout at you it makes you realise the importance of working with people and understanding their frustration and help resolves most of their concerns.
Pros
90 minutes lunch
Cons
Working on schedule
Afte work workers can do fun
Workrs shoul know how to do salez (Current Employee) –  Limpopo13 February 2017
Productive is more important in the company.what I like about the company I get more challenges each and everyday.and you know difficult customers and you know how to help them and make sure that they come out happy.what I don't like about company is that they don't haired people permanet
Pros
Workers must do it
Cons
Long hours can be availeble
productive and fun work
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Franschhoek, Western Cape6 February 2017
I want to work at this company because I want to help people and the employer and I would like to learn everything that I don't know
Pros
free lunches and free transport
Cons
Eirking together too get the job done
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape6 February 2017
Its was very nice working there i really enjoyd it i would go back too work there anytime. When i started there everyone was keen on showing me the ropes and the ins and outs
Working with manageable stuff
Non food assistance (Current Employee) –  Mpumalanga28 January 2017
Be at work in time. When you arrive at the store know your plans of the day. How ull manage to pack your stock in order for your shelfs to stay full.Be friendly to customers.
Pros
Happy hour
Fun workplace
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pretoria North, Gauteng25 January 2017
A little challenging.i helped people,kept smiles on peoples faces most of th time.i had a chance to showcase my skills and worked wth people.it was amazing how team work is really needed.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short hours
productive
casheir (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape23 January 2017
It was good to work here the staff was nice and friendly i learn alot them the management was so help full good working environment team work was good
Pros
freedom
Phumulani mall tembisa
I like my job very much (Current Employee) –  Gauteng23 January 2017
I was working at shoprite as a cashier and i love my work very much but problem is that the salary its not enough to my needs and want
Pros
U have to come with your food
Cons
1 hour
Productive and fast learner
forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng20 January 2017
Working at these company would make a big difference in my life because if not all a few will obviously change including amongst then knowledge and understanding will be the key factor while at the same time learning ethics and morals of the company.
The value and vision of the company will be a priority and working with pride for me will be the order of the day.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Maximum hours
productivity and fun work place
picker packer (Former Employee) –  cape town western cape moteque gardens20 January 2017
i enjoyed working for city of cape town. we worked hard but i had my days off two days in the week to be exact. people were always in a good mood when they come to work they had a passion for working with people. we would clean the grave yard. It was only contract work. But i did not see myself working as a cleaner for the rest of my life because i have a draughtsman qualification.
Pros
free coffee and 1 hour lunch breaks
Cons
hard work
productive
picker/packer (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape14 January 2017
First day at work I realy enjoyed because it was my first day in a working place and what I like about this job you are working with people so you must be a calm person and you must be able to work in a long hour shift.
Pros
free lunches
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wakefern Food Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

3,7