Western Cape Department of Health Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
hard work but worth it
Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Hermanus, Western Cape16 July 2017
I learned a lot of valuable life skills. Colleagues and the public are very forgiving which took the pressure off in the beginning. Generally speaking the aim is to promote public health in various ways.
Pros
feels good to help the public with primary health care
Cons
pressure when under staffed
Busy work environment with multiple learning opportunities
Community Service Medical Officer (Former Employee) –  Mitchells Plain, Western Cape9 January 2017
A typical day at work is very busy with lots of patients being admitted to the Emergency Rooms.
I learnt how to think on my feet and cope with pressure situations on a daily basis and I discovered the steps to effective problem-solving when having to work as a team.
The hardest part of the job was the very long working hours and lack of recovery time when having to work on a shift basis.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the knowledge that I was helping fellow human beings.
Hard Working individual
Intern: Co-Senior Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, WC17 March 2015
A typical day at work was always relaxedand stress free and i have learned more about administration. Managment was always patient and making sure we were happy the hardest part of the job was the overflow of admin from 92 clinics and hospitals combined and the most enjoyable part of the job was my colleagues, workplace and learning new things each day.
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Over flow of Admin from 92 Facilities