Western Cape Government Employee Reviews

Productive and friendly
Senior Administration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Parow Valley, Cape Town31 August 2017
Exciting opportunity for growth and experience.
I enjoyed working with the employees and fellow colleagues, supervisors are good.

Good company for expertise.
Pros
Exciting bonding opportunities
Cons
N/a
School sport play ground
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Prince Albert, Western Cape14 August 2017
Clock in at 07h00 and at 07h15 I go to the daily morning meeting were we discus what the job for the day is.
I learned how to work with challenging students and how to help them with there school work and how to work with different individuals
The workplace is a friendly environment where we have different tasks every day ranging from administration tasks to helping teacher in lessons with group work.
The hardest part of the job is to assist teacher with challenging students.
Is to work with the children and to develop there character so that they can know what they want to become in life.
Pros
Cons
6hours per day
Fun Workplace
Internship (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape19 July 2017
Working for the government was stress free and easy. My work colleagues was very nice and helpful, I learned a lot through them. The hardest part of the job was getting so early up in the morning to dodge the traffic. I enjoyed working with my colleagues because they made my day at work a happy one and I wish I could get another opportunity to work for the Western Cape Government again.
Pros
Free Lunch, Free Tea Breaks
Cons
Higher level colleagues have a bad attitude towards lower level colleagues.
Typical Government
Laboratory technician (Former Employee) –  Cape Town19 April 2017
High salaries, low work, high training; if you can get through the nepotism and affirmative action. The bureaucracy will hamper any clerical submissions, but no one seems to mind blaming it - for example, waiting for a month for a computer terminal - as it means more time watching series and films on your mobile.
Engagement at strategic level with stakeholders in the province
Assistant Director Middle Manager (Current Employee) –  Cape Town5 February 2017
A great place to work and learn about skills development on a strategic level as well as about the education pipeline from general to post-school education. Identifying the gaps between supply and demand and addressing systemic issues to minimize the gap was is the most enjoyable and hardest part.
Pros
Bursary and housing benefit
Cons
limited advancement
It is a professional environment to work in which trains you to always remain proficient in the workplace, it is seen as a huge benefit.
Intern/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape25 January 2017
My work space has given me the opportunity to enjoy what I am doing including the rest of the staff that are very friendly and do not ill treat anybody lower or higher than themselves. It is with great pleasure to work in a professional environment and to broaden my horizons to get experience in the career field I would like to grow in.
Pros
Happy Staff
excellent workplace with high ethics and standards
Senior Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape7 November 2016
Early in the morning, before starting time everyone will greet each other. The work-ethic was very high, everybody start on time and push for the highest level of production.

We have set days and time for staff meetings. The supervisor would enquire now and then on difficult tasks, in order to assist. The co-workers are all very friendly and helpful. We all were subject to strict turn-around times for task -completion.

The hardest part of the job was to deal with difficult clients, who appears to be unreasonable. I managed to exercise great patience and personal care to clarify any misunderstandings with clients.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when clients understood policies, work processes and procedures and expressed satisfaction afterwards.
Hardworking and fun
Admin Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape27 September 2016
Everyday I learn something new like how to work on certain programs .The co-workers are wonderful.The hardest part of the job is when you working towards a died line.
Pros
Free lunches
Productive Workplace
Accounting Clerk - Assets (Current Employee) –  34 Roeland Street Cape Town 800123 September 2016
- Never know what to expect, new challenges daily.
- Learned to deal with the varied challenges by implementing controls to mitigate any risks involved.
- Management supportive
- Co workers very knowledgeable
- Having to wait on others for information to complete my tasks
- The most enjoyable part of the job is problem solving and people interaction.
Pros
Good Working Environment
Cons
Contract Position
Educational
PAYE Intern (Current Employee) –  Protea Assurance Building Greenmarket Square23 August 2016
Woolworths has been an education ride. It had taught me to always grab the next best thing and to always push and work harder in order to prosper. One of my greatest experiences.
Pros
One and a half hour lunch
Cons
Being an over achiever in the workplace

Want to know more about Western Cape Government?

Ask a question
Well organised but not to strict
intern/office manager (Former Employee) –  Protea House Building Green Market Square22 August 2016
Everyday was managed and set out perfectly, Everyone new what had to be done and they made sure it was done. I've learnt the fundamentals about running a workplace through my internship. When I was appointed as office manager I learn that everything as a certain process. Hardest part was controlling everything at once but i soon got use to it. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that everyone was treated as equal whether you were a intern or supervisor,.
Pros
People are helpful
Cons
Workers can be a bit to talkative at times
Productive and fun workplace
HR Clerk intern (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape27 April 2016
Everyday is a working day productive and also challenging.
It requires one to manage time effectively and do tasks delegated on time and stay focus and energetic.

The climate is good and it's easy to adapt to the culture of the department. The management is very welcoming and the co-workers are great and very assisting.
The most enjoyable part of the job is that it enables one to grow and to develop and exposes you to other departments.
Pros
Free educational tours
Cons
intranet is faster , the skills tearm is great
Internship (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape20 April 2016
i have learn alot her and i have grown not just physicaly in a emotionaly as wel. i have upgreaded my skills on working with computers and tyiping documents. i wake up everyday with a confident becouse im looking forward to learn new things at work.
Pros
we always work as a tearm
Cons
lunch hours are too little
Network Technologist Trainee (Former Employee) –  Cape town CBD, Western Cape18 February 2016
A company to work for.
Exposure to I.T
Core-Workers -Responsible, sharing information
Hardest Part - Difficult people
Enjoable Part - working hand in hand
Productive Place
IT Intern (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, WC27 January 2015
Filled with mentors willing to teach you whatever it is you want to know or learn about. One can just consult them and they will gladly be of assistance. I have been given my own mentor to assist me with any queries and questions I may have. I enjoy it here and would come back one day when I have the proper qualifications.
Productive workplace
Intern (Current Employee) –  Langebaan, WC11 December 2014
A typical day at the work place starts at 08:00 - 16:30. Where I would set up the computers for the users to have access to it. I learned to adapt to different circumstances and to different personalities. My telephone etiquette and working with people got better, since I helped out at the Thusong Centre when our centre is not busy. I've got to know so many people through communicating verbally and non-verbally. I get along with all my co-workers.
Organisation Design Project
Organisation Design Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, WC5 November 2014
Organisation re-design interventions
Project based work
Job evaluations
Re-writing job descriptions
Drawing organisational structures
Pros
Set work hours
Cons
No room for growth and promotions
Fun working environment
Registry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, WC14 October 2014
In registry things can get pretty hectic because of all the incoming and outgoing post that takes place on a day to day basis. You need to be able to deal with people and their attitudes, you need lots of patience.
Pros
Short working hours
Cons
Government is all about status and money.
Department of the Premier (Dot P)
Registry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, WC2 June 2014
A typical day at Dot P would be coming in and immediately hearing the laughter and warmth, we were more than co-workers, they were family. I learned that what people say about Government is not always true, that there are hard working individuals trying to make productivity in this country a reality. Management at Dot P was the best I have ever come across. My co-workers like i said was my family, my working life at Department of the Premier was by far the most enjoyable because of the people I had the chance to work with.
The hardest part of my day was locating a document when it wasn't on the file it needed to be. The most enjoyabe part was being surrounded by people who really were passionate about what they do and also about each other
Pros
Equality in the workplace
Doing what I do best
Graduate Intern (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, WC7 February 2014
I am always the first one in the office. I get there and see my tasks for the day. By the time my colleagues arrive I am already in work mode.
I have learnt a lot from this job. Firstly, I learnt that patience is really virtue. I also learnt how to manage my time and myself. As a result I always have enough time on my hands. Furthermore, I learnt the importance of working in teams. Teamwork can be very good for projects/ companies.
It gives me great pleasure when my colleagues are looking at me present my findings. It makes me feel like part of the team.
Pros
Gaining valuable experience, flexible work times, open line of communication
Cons
Traveling with public transport