AIG Employee Reviews

Found 20 reviews matching the search See all 3 223 reviews
Interesting
PA / Administrator - Director (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng16 January 2019
It was a great pleasure working for this international company as I had a lot of exposure with international management, Africa country management. I arranged international flights, pick-ups and drop-offs. Arranged a number of social events and generally got on well with all level of management
Pros
Were given a monthly expense account to utilize in-house
Cons
Long hours but didn't mind due to world time differences
fun
Quality Assurance (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng4 January 2019
I am currently having fun gaining experience too while working we get enough time to rest and half days we also don't work on weekends and most of the time we meet our target as per requested by the manager and we serve client with dignity and honesty
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
flexible hours
5,0
Corporate and plenty space to grow
CLAIMS EXAMINER (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng15 March 2018
i received several awards as best claims handler at AIG.
I loved the company.

Stable and lots to learn.

I worked there for 5 years and left because of retrenchment. I was asked to come back and stayed in a temp position for another year.
Pros
Growth
4,0
The best place to gain experience and learn
Manager (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg South AFrica5 September 2017
AIG provides a safe place to learn, I found this to be the best training ground. the mutlinational company provides a lot of opportunity to move around.
Pros
Training and growth
Proffessional Environment
Broker Support (Former Employee) –  Sandton7 August 2017
It's all about numbers and dead lines at AIG and reporting timeously to Managers regarding the progress for the day and plan of action to tackle each day as it comes with various challenges from Brokers and what is required of Business Development Managers and also the turn around times from SASRIA to Underwriting.

From Marine, Underwriting, SASRIA and Property I have learned at any given time it's all about customer satisfaction and turn around times. Great opportunities arises often and internal employees are able to get enough chance to move around and enhance their growth. Managers travel across the globe for meetings and or work shops to better the company operational issues as AIG is a global company.

There was no hardest part of the job, it just needed some one who embraces change at all times as the way of working changed often and had to adapt asap to new changes.

And the most enjoyable part of the job was to be given a chance in acquiring Underwriting Experience combined with Client Services / Broker Support and SASRIA Administration.

However, as I was on contract through a recruitment agency but placed at AIG on contract basis, I came to realise getting a permanent job internally is very difficult after attending 3 interview internally but without luck but yet one of the most or best performing individual within our Broker Support Department.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Paid For Overtime
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Braamfontein, Gauteng3 August 2017
Taking Calls from customers. I've learned to have patience. Great Management Team. A culture of team work was present all the time. Nothing hard about the job and I really enjoyed it.
Pros
Marathon days
Cons
No growth
Claims Examiner (Former Employee) –  Braamfontein, Gauteng4 June 2017
really enjoyed working there. felt like you are apart of a family.
learned alot about insurance. hardest part of the job was having to turn down claims that was not covered in insurance policy.
Pros
being productive
Good relaxing environment
Quality Assurance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Parktown, Gauteng26 December 2016
Working hours were superb, no weekends or public holidays, colleges were great to work with, lovely enviroment.

There is lots to learn in different areas.
Pros
Telephone, laptops, lunches
Cons
No development, lack in managment skills
5,0
Productive , competitive and fun workplace
Senior Energy and Engineered risk Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Gauteng, Sandton14 September 2016
Preparing New business quotes and renewal assessments in line with AIG Guidelines and capacities.Inter-acting with Risk Engineers regarding surveys to be conducted and Risk management status follow up on new and existing clients.Checking & signing off Placing slips & Policy wording in line with Guidelines.Attending to Broker queries.Placing Reinsurance in accordance with AIG guidelines and capacities.Uploading Pricing tools including Nat cat assessments on Swiss Re flood tool and Google earth.Checking and signing off Premium allocations.Attending to Credit control queries with Finance.Attending to claims queries.Prepare referral documentation to Product Heads in Global countries for additional capacities and approvals.Motivate ,train , lead & mentor Junior UW's on team objectives and overall business goals.
Global technology and operating systems.Highly motivated management teams. Highly motivated and empowered team players.Referrals to Product heads in New York Philadelphia, Chicago, London and Dubai was the most challenging part of my job. Learning different global outlook on product underwriting and guidelines was the most enjoyable.
Pros
Company benefits, Incentive Bonus
Cons
Long hours, continuous Global changes in
Productive and fun workplace
Broker Management Consultant - Personal Lines (Former Employee) –  Umhlanga, ZN24 November 2015
Supportive management locally and internationally. Good benefits. Good team spirit among my colleagues. High targets set but can be reachable.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company
International company with great opportunities
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP5 August 2015
International company with great opportunities
Get to work with people from across the world with diverse cultures and experience
Travel opportunities
Productive and Fun Place to work
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP21 June 2015
I enjoy working because i love what i do and i love speaking to clients enjoy helping them and listen to there stories.
i learn is very important to listen to people and speak less and have empathy and tolerance. Management is great but mainly my team leader is fantastic,understanding, loving and caring for his team, he make you fill like you are part of a family and supportive. My co-workers are very great we support each other in good time and bad times, i can say these are my family are have in South Africa. The hardest part of the job is selling something intangible and selling to someone you cannot see. The most enjoyable part of the job is reaching target and been rewarded for my hard work.
Pros
Free Lunch, Free Vouchers, Free Holiday with family etc
Cons
Medical Aid
Productive and informative workplace
CLAIMS EXAMINER (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP21 May 2015
. Hectic, deadlines
. Customer comes first - must be updated on progress of claim
. Helpful colleagues
. Dealing with difficult clients
. Happy clients
Pros
Training
Cons
Inequality
insurance industry
Customer Service & Quality Assurer (Former Employee) –  parktown16 September 2013
Insurance is a cut throat industry , daily duties involved me , doing Quality checks on all sales calls that all legalities were met
Pros
short hours
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg 22 May 2013
Coordinating calendars, meeting , parking etc. Assist with Adhoc duties for a team of about 60.
Pros
Company phone and laptop, perks
Cons
No Growth opportunity
5,0
We are very productive and also a fun place to work however when I say fun i really mean that the people are very nice people to work with
Reception & Switchbaord Operator (Current Employee) –  Gauteng6 February 2013
Come in, do my daily stats of the walk-in clients
Deal with visitors
My supervisor and managers are fantastic people to work with
there really is no hard part to the job except that the switchboard gets extremely busy at times
the most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with, they are very happy, friendly people
Pros
early leave on a friday maybe
Cons
poor salary
Amazing Hard Working Individuals
Portfolio Analyst (Current Employee) –  Johannsbrug, Gauteng25 January 2013
I review and get involved in as many aspecvts of the firm as possible in terms of what my responsibilities are.
Management is always willing to teach and inform staff.
My hardest part of my job is challenges faced, however I cannot talk about this because our company culture has instilled integrity within individuals and therefore I will not speak badly about such an amazing company overall. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with people that have been in the industry for many years with vast experience which is good because im always willing to be taught.
Pros
excellent canteen
Cons
carreer vision restricted in terms of personal growth
to much uncertainty
Travel Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Parktown16 January 2013
Fantastic team, no chance of promotion / advancement, enjoy the product,
Pros
canteen
Cons
long hours, system problems
Awesome Experience
Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunninghill Jhb9 January 2013
I love my job the experience I have gained and how I have grown as a person in this company has been a remarkable experience. Being in Management opened up a new way of dealing with people and knowing there were people who were influenced by my decisions made the job all the more worthwhile.
I enjoy the job and management style however, need to find something closer to home (Benoni) to be around for my kids and also a company with more benefits such as medical aid and pension fund etc.
Pros
flexible working hours and no weekend work.
Cons
no benefits