ABB Employee Reviews

Found 95 reviews matching the search See all 3 731 reviews
excellent
Technician Assistant (Former Employee) –  mercury klerksdorp22 November 2019
i enjoyed all those years i did spent at Abb and i am very proud to say Abb made me wht im today .i was part of a team that errected ,serviced and tested breakers from 66kv up 765kv also doing maintance and repair use of forklift overhead crane ,truck mounted crane ,tracing and fixing of gas leaks fixing mech boxes
1,0
Am working as a general worker and technician assistance
I have a lot of experience about solar panels working as a general worker and technician assistance, we were doing induction every week and sign risk assessment before we go to workplace, make sure that each and every one wearing ( PPE)
Pros
01hour
Cons
8hours
Productive and fun workplace
Marketing and Communications Graduate (Former Employee) –  Modderfontein, Gauteng3 June 2019
The company is great to work for and to learn a lot from as a graduate, the downside though is that chances of being taken permanent are limited. The most enjoyable part of the job is that there is great work/life balance and the working hours are desirable.
Pros
Lunch subsidies
Cons
No job security for Graduate trainees
Great learning environment
Heavy Lift and Project Cargo Transport Specialist (Former Employee) –  City of Johannesburg, Gauteng30 April 2019
Supportive colleagues and management
Growth Opportunity
Company encourages educating staff
Work-life balance

The company encourages staff to live by the ABB Values, not only at ABB but in their personal day to day life.
Pros
Subsidised meals
Cons
N/a
Multi cultural
Material Planner/Operational Buyer (Current Employee) –  Modderfontein, Gauteng13 April 2019
- Allowed to use your own discretion.
- You always experience new challenges.
- Fast pace environment.
- System not synchronized
- Applying your knowledge
Pros
Diverse culture
Cons
Reporting structures
5,0
Great global company to acquire experience
Associate Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng8 April 2019
Acquired great technical experience in indoor MV Switchgear panels and power system panels (Protection, Control and Metering)
Great local and global management
4,0
Was learning from the Industry and other Engineers.
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bedfordview, Gauteng9 January 2019
Start of with meeting and project reviews.

Design, Plan, Procure, Control and manage Projects.

Good relationships with sub-contractors, high quality of end product.

See Africa through projects.
Good working culture within a good team environment.

Leave ABB for a opportunity to start Project Management company as Shareholder in the Capacitor manufacturing culture.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Long hours and very little family time.
5,0
Productive and welcoming work environment
Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg , Longmeadow Head Office4 January 2019
ABB is a good company, good environment to work in. Since the company is bid, I had a lot of internal customers I had to serve. I learned a lot of things like how to relate to different people, of different levels of seniority. How to help people, communicate and receive and take feedback form them. It helped me understand what the meaning of the saying 'customer comes first', because all I use to do was to make sure that all my customers are happy with the quality of the service I provided to them.
The hardest part of the job was when the network or the server is down. I understood the urgency and criticality of the situation in a way that all the work was getting delayed, and the levels of frustrations increased amongst the people. Some would take out their anger on me. So I had to be patience and try to serve them as best as possible without changing face.
Pros
Team Building outings
Cons
Amount of work because of the size of the company
4,0
Productive and good service delivery.
IT/IS intern (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng5 December 2018
I have learned a lot while doing my service training there I had a great experience, my skills were improved. Everyone was friendly, fun but serious on the job given. The management were strict, stay out of trouble, follow the company policy and rules.
Deadline Drive and Result oriented
Foreign Creditor's Administrator (Former Employee) –  Longmeadow Modderfontein28 September 2018
Exposure to International Banking, Reserve bank regulations and SARS regulatory requirements, the realization that my input impacted on the success or failure of ABB's Existence on the market made me feel relevant
Pros
Customer Relations with other business units
Cons
Limited Growth Opportunity
Diverse Working Culture
Operations Administrator (Former Employee) –  Longmeadow Modderfontein28 September 2018
Deadline driven, customer service satisfaction, helpful and professional working environment . You feel part of the success story and become part of the big ABB Family
Pros
Subsidized Canteen, Learning and development
Cons
Limited growth Opportunity
3,0
Good company to work for, Good work life balance.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng23 September 2018
Good company to work for, Good work life balance. Growth can be slow and needs to be addressed.The company's systems are well organized with a good support structure overall.
Very good working environment
Information Security Manager (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng24 July 2018
Great environment , you continually improve your knowledge through engaging with colleagues globally. Management is encourages one to always improve professionally
Productive and fast paced
Engineer in Training (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng23 June 2018
ABB South Africa provides a vibrant diversity of departments in which to gain experience. The ability to move departments and continue learning is advantageous, and every employee is treated with long term goals in mind. Every employee has a mentor, and mentors someone below them - this is to ensure transfer of knowledge between employees soon to retire, and employees that are new to the workforce.
Pros
Good people.
Cons
Can work over time.
productivity and growth
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Limpopo, Zambia, Mozambique, Botswana and Gauteng7 May 2018
Enjoyable, productivity, growth, fumy and learning .

I was give a platform to grow and work independently, making informed decision, exposed to new green energy technology

travelling African continent
Pros
good perks
Cons
Long hours and public holidays
4,0
Highly Challenging and highly Rewarding Work environment at all Levels.
Local Product Group Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng30 April 2018
Fast Evolving Technologically advanced working Environment.
Extremely Enjoyable and Fast tracked environment.
Great International Exposure, with many opportunities within career development.
Pros
International Exposure whereby keeping you in check with the latest technology advancements.
Cons
U need to be on your toes.
Promoter (Former Employee) –  Eastern Cape20 April 2018
Management was kind,caring and supportive to me.Workplace was health and the atmosphere was good.The hardest part of the job I was dealing with the customers who want win no matter what.The most enjoyable part I was always communicating with customers.All was well in so much that I felt it was such a short time.I develop self confidence and love for customers, l really enjoyed working there in so much that I still wish to turn the clock I miss everything about my job not forgetting how friendly the management and staff were to me
Cons
Overcrowded as it was easters
Skill development
ABB is all about improving skills and educating young talent like myself to be great in the business. The hardest part for working for such a huge business is that you must always pull you A game and maintenance the brand's reputation, what I enjoy about working for such an organisation I get to know not just one side of the field which is technical, you also get to know the business aspect of things.
4,0
Project Administrator/ Sales Order Processor (Former Employee) –  Mooderfontein12 March 2018
Was exposed to many things and it thought me how to deal with many customers and suppliers. I have learned to be independent and manage to work under pressure
Pros
free lunches
5,0
Busy, productive and fun company
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng15 February 2018
I've learned a lot from ABB and I enjoyed working with colleagues from neighbouring countries. I learned to work with customers happy and unhappy, being able to solve situations without a manager by my side. I was independent and learned to calm unhappy customers and deliver what was supposed to be delivered.
Pros
Subsidy for lunch everyday
Cons
Normal hours