Abraham Kriel Childcare

Abraham Kriel Childcare Employee Reviews

5,0
amazing place to spend time in
child and youth care worker volunteer (Current Employee) –  johannesbrug10 February 2018
its a highly emotional demanding organization at the same time it offers an environment for personal growth and improvement..spending time in this organization has given me an opportunity for growth and learning and an opportunity to offer my services on voluntary basis thereby giving back to society..I am grateful for what i have learnt in this place and the opportunities that this organization has given me on a personal level
5,0
Productive and a nice working environment
caregiver (Former Employee) –  Langlaagte, Gauteng9 January 2018
we would arrive at work and pray at 08:00 till 08:15, from 08:15 we have our breakfast till 09:00 from that time we give out strategy on what we going to do for the day.we will work on that strategic for the day.
Pros
mentoring children.
Cons
changing of clients
3,0
It is a good NPO with a lot of experience in Childcare, the only problem is that there little if not at all tranformation
Manager (Former Employee) –  Gauteng21 September 2017
They have good systems and their work is quality apart from the fact the the company is not transforming they still are one of the leading brand......
5,0
Emotionally stressfull and long hours.
Childcare worker(manager of a satellite home) (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP8 September 2015
Wake up at 5 in the morning and getting ready, wake the children up getting them ready for school, feed them hand them their medication, taking them to school. Get back from school, read emails, write reports, do admin,cook, buy supplies and sometimes attend meetings. At 2 o'clock I fetch the children from school,feed them, help with homework, fetch children from extra mural activities or sport, get back home at 5 or 6.o'clock. 7 o'clock is time for supper and medication. After supper see that all homework was done and see to it that all the children bath, rooms are neat and washing is been packed away, get the children ready for bedtime, do Bible study, listen to problems and sort it out.
Weekends is a bit calmer but children do attend sport on a Saturday or go out to friends or family. Sunday's go to church and Sunday school,. Back from church prepare lunch, rest till 4 o'clock and take senior children to church and Sunday school.
Usually we get to bed at 10 or 11 o;clock, depending on how difficult children were during the day.
Get3- 6 days off during the month depending on the availability of the relief worker, and during holidays a week or two,

I learned to give more than to receive. I have learned a lot about people and are very grateful for the people, volunteers, committee members and donors in our lives. I love the children if they are my own. I manage to help children when everyone else have given up on them. I am very proud of what I achieved. I gained a lot of personal and communication skills

I receive a lot of support of management and committee
  more... members and they appreciate and respect me and the work I have done a lot.

I have a good relationship with all my co-workers and staff that I am working with. I treat everybody with respect and dignity.

The hardest part of the job is when the children act out and swears at you although you have given them the most love and respect.

The most enjoyable part of the job is if you look back and see the progress you made with the children when nobody could help a child and has given up, and when your manager tells you she is suppose to promote you after you achieved a 99.99% for your yearly audit but she needs you here because you are the best for the children.
Pros
Free housing, electricity and food, 4 holidays a year
Cons
emotionally stressfull work, long hours and no time for your own family.
2,0
Working Enviroment
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  South Africa29 July 2013
Stuck in the office, enjoyable at times, nice colleagues. Not to business, great expectations, The most enjoyable part of the job is working or talking to the children.
The hardest part of the job is staying in the office the whole day.
Management is good and fair, but strict.
Not all organisation operate the same.
Pros
beneficiaries
Cons
Seldom care of employees
4,0
fun,fulling and heartwarming
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg6 June 2012
Working with children is fun and fulling,I get hugs and kisses all the time,I have learned that children are the most loving and wise individuals,I love my co workers(TEAMWORK)the hardest part is to see children suffering but striving to succeed.