ACDC Dynamics Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Durban, South Africa24 May 2018
Really enjoyed working at ACDC. good work-life balance. Great mentorship from the branch manager. Would highly recommend the company. Learnt much of what i know today from ACDC.
Pros
Opportunities for career advancement
Treatment and appreciation towards employees
Lockup supervisor (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng29 November 2017
This is indeed a huge company, that is dictated by a single individual cause what ever She says goes. dictatorship and nepotism at ac dc is worse. there is certainly no conducive working environment at all, it is only good at firing their employees with no concrete reasons if u believe in rights and growth as an employee then u are in a wrong place, as a supervisor u are given responsibility with no authority am saying this from experience, will provide further insight soon, this is a never nice & good company am telling u guys, never wish to get a job there.
Pros
10 minutes tea break
Cons
long working hours
Too many products to learn from and fast growing
Panel Wireman (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng31 August 2017
We have many departments of which I've got a chance to work in some during my apprentice period, departments like Transformer, electronics and panel workshops
Pros
weekends off
Cons
no cellphones at the workshop
Productive and educative workplace
Technical Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Edenvale, Gauteng13 July 2017
A good company to work at, salary is commission based and also incentives are run every month if you exceed your minimum monthly target which will add on to your salary. The only problem is that the basic salary is too low and also job security is a problem. You can get fired at any time
Pros
Incentives and commission based salary
Cons
no job security
A fair, balanced assesment
NSM (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng16 June 2017
Although ACDC is a place where you learn many multiskilling attributes it's definitely not a stable environment to work in nor is it a place you'll retire in. You develop some very strong relationships with staff that superseed the workplace and you learn from some solid character forming situations.

Salaries are fair but you way up salary vs secular life expectancy. The odds are not good but it's your call!

Decisions made can change almost as quick as they are made and not communicated so a lot of time and effort is expended going in the wrong direction. A lot of time is lost dealing with the same issues over and over again. The company seems to get stuck on the small issues there by sacrificing the larger more important matters. It seems as if there is no clear strategy as new policies or direction changes happen almost daily so you never seem to go anywhere!

I've seen many good people come into ACDC with fire in their eyes and hope. Eventually it's snuffed out as ACDC model is not one that is built on creativity, engagement or collaboration but one where you must do your job and nothing more as all you are at the end of the day is a means to an end!
It is a pity as ACDC can be so much more than what it is, currently a supplier of electrical product but with no soul at its core! Add EQ to the mix and you'd have a formidable, unstoppable supplier of electrical product that I believe it can be. .

You choose what you will however be carful of not becoming that hamster on the wheel, expensing massive amounts of energy running aimlessly and yet, going nowhere.
Pros
Salary and Package Benifits
Cons
You decide
productive but sometimes theres double standards
General Worker (Former Employee) –  Long Meadow Edenvale14 June 2017
Started as a General worker later got a promotion to a winder but never got renumeration as per our contract when i raised this with management i was dismissed as being subordinate
Pros
who you know
Cons
hours are ok
It's a good company & everything is in oder
general worker (Former Employee) –  Durban,river horse valley26 May 2017
It is a quite place,i was happy to get an oppoturnity to work At Acdc but the problem is work there as a temporary worker,i would be happy if i can get a permanat opportunity & i am seriouly about getting a jobs,i am a hard worker i love working & i do things that i am instructed to do at work
Employee Engagement and Culture
Distributor Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng29 March 2017
Environment is of such a nature that internal competition/conflict is destroying the culture of teamwork and working towards a common goal.

Employees are not engaged and one is not certain of job security from one day to another.

Not a happy environment.
Pros
Very Disciplined
Cons
Micro management
Constructive experience
Call Centre Agent (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng30 January 2017
ACDC dynamics is a nice company to work for, the staff is very kind and friendly.I enjoy working here because it is a great environment and you get to learn something new every day. I have learnt a lot already, I do not have any electrical background and that makes the job a bit difficult but I am willing to learn as much as I can. I really enjoy the fact that it gives me great experience and I enjoy working with big customers.
Pros
We do not work on weekends
Cons
Management is rude.
Not A very good company to work for.
Transport Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng19 January 2017
No respect for families or employees, management are one sided and not willing to help employees or give training when needed. Very unhealthy working.
Pros
Cons
No respect for employees
productive
warehouse assistant (Former Employee) –  longmeadow,edenvale11 November 2016
Acdc is a productive company which makes millions of rands due to an active staff and employers satisfaction , we worked hard hard everyday to push the customers satisfaction cz every businesses customers come to make more money
Pros
no free lunches
Productive fun place
Warehouse supervisor/Stores controller (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng25 April 2016
ACDC IS A FUN PLACE TO WORK managers to cleaners respect each other like if they known each other for years its a fun and dymanic place to spend your day
Pros
Lots of over time
Cons
No cons
Stay away!! Stay away!! Stay away!!
Inventory Controller (Former Employee) –  Edenvale, Gauteng12 January 2016
This company is the worst company I have ever work for.
They teat there employees like slaves and show no appreciation for the work you do.
The pay isn't that great it only seems great cause of all the overtime you work late nights and weekends and yet you still get short paid as they never pay out your right overtime amount & you are forced to take there provident fund after your 3 month probation that's if they keep you after your 3 month contract/probation.
Management are a bunch of idiots who have no respect for employees and forever shouting at employees, place is run like a prison! NO JOKE!
Unsafe work conditions as ladders in stores are broken and forced to use them or you climb on the shelves where you can, none to little PPE issued.
Pros
Friendly co-workers & you learn alot
Cons
Long hours, terrible managment
poor management
store assistant (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP13 December 2015
poor management, no appreciation for employees, poor communication and its not employee friendly. There's absolutely no growth.
Pros
friendly employees at lower level
Cons
poor management and no appreciation for employees' hard work
No communication.
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Edenvale, GP9 October 2015
Big communication gap, very rude, over work staff, don't listen to staff. Customers not satisfied with management. Staff friendly, stand together. Salary not too bad.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Long hours, rude management
always on time
warehouse clerk , invoicing clerk (Current Employee) –  Durban, ZN9 August 2015
Good morning I have two experience as warehouse clerk , invoicing clerk and picking controller , dispatched assistant and checker . I have study specialist in administration and home based care you can contact me on
Pros
30 minutes
Cons
normal hours
Hard Task Masters
Technical support (Former Employee) –  Edenvale, GP3 April 2015
This is CC company

Management do not appreciate the value of their staff, wide communication gap between owner and staff,
Owner never smiles or returns a greeting when greeted by staff
Pros
Generous Bonus
Cons
Strict disiplinarians
I love what i did speaking to people and like keeping busy
internal sales (Former Employee) –  Paardeneiland, WC28 May 2014
You busy from stepping in, got to know lots of different products, no comment to management, got on very well with my co-workers,
Pros
could get discount on items
Cons
no team work
Great company, needs to work on building trust in employees
Snr Graphic Designer and Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Edenvale, GP29 August 2013
Wonderful company with some extraordinary people! Lovely environment and very professional. Only downfall is that there is minimal trust from employees in the company. I would go back to this company in a heart beat!
Pros
Very professional, bonuses paid and great opportunities
Cons
Big gap in company-employee relationship
Very busy environment
Personal Assistant to Director (Current Employee) –  Gauteng28 May 2012
Going through all the emails

Very busy in the mornings paging staff for manager

Handling incoming calls for manager

Doing follow up work

I like to help the other co-workers if my work is done

Do my daily picking slips from stores
Pros
Cons
yes 9hours