Ackermans Employee Reviews

2,0
Cashier
Cashier & Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape18 April 2019
There was no room for growth and you are over worked and under payed. work long hours for nothing, because at the end of the day the managers are never satisfied with anything. Even the people of Head office is never greatfull.
Pros
Cons
no incentive
Good culture, productive environment
Product planner (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, South Africa29 March 2019
Typical days starts with analysis on performance.
Learned alot in terms of how to manage my business (my business is my protfolio) Learned alot about how the various stakeholders play a role in making sure company goals are met and exceeded.
Management - open door policy
Culture is productive. Company motto is Courage, Respect, Integrity and Performance.
Hardest part of my job is remembering that not everything is in my control or sphere of influence.
Most enjoyable part of my job is product, planning, analysis and problem solving.
3,0
Productive and good training is provided to new trainees.
cashier and packer (temp) (Former Employee) –  Welkom, Free State18 March 2019
The staff is helpful when coming to assisting the trainees with the work, patient and understanding. The rates are quite standard for the type of work. They provide you with the skills and learning tips needed when you're in the sales department.
Pros
Free coffee/tea.
3,0
A productive plave but with long hours for the non permanent
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng5 March 2019
Early in the morning we say our little prayer before starting a long day ahead.team then disperse to take boxes and unpack clothes,tag them to avoid loss then assist with customer service. The daY may seem long but once started,time wil fly. At Ackermans i have learned to be patient as i am working with different people from different races. You also have to be a team leader and very flexible because The work needs to be pushed or else you will be adding another load to uesterdays one..the management at ackermans is trying to support us but they sometimes put alot of pressure for thr employees making them to despise coming to work.difficult as it is,you might find that you are alone in the department that is of high risk,you have to unpack and go to tellers to assist payers ,makin it difficult to cope
Pros
uniform, we are the phadima team working together
Cons
Long hours, management neglect staff
5,0
productive environment and chance to learn to interact with other people
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Secunda, Mpumalanga25 February 2019
productive environment and chance to learn to interact with other people, you learn to work with different people and their different personalities. its a good place t learn.
Pros
job security
Challenging yet overwhelming
shop assistant cashier (Former Employee) –  Kroonstad, Free State19 February 2019
My previous job was challenging and as a person you learn a lot and grow personally. One can grow with the company and dream big through it. It is a perfect way to start life. It teaches one to never give up and to pursue your dreams.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Safety
5,0
It was good working there but I'm not certified by the salary iget because it doesn't meet all my needs
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Umzinto and Margate16 February 2019
When you working with people you must always smiling,talk to the customers with a smile on your face ,make sure that your department is clean neaty respect your colleagues n focus on your work all the times and never forget to learn something new daily at work
Pros
We did get some free lunch when we performed well
Cons
Long hours and over times
5,0
Best company to work for
shop assistant cashier (Current Employee) –  Queenstown, Eastern Cape and lady frere13 February 2019
Its a best company to work for well paying.

There's a lot of promotions each and every month.

Arranging trainings for staff.

Gender equality

No racism
Pros
Monthly Incentive
Cons
Paying overtime
4,0
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant Accountant (Current Employee) –  Kuils River, Western Cape4 February 2019
I enjoy working at Ackermans, it is really an employer who cares for their employees. The environment is that of a learning and development. The company holds the culture very close and dear to their heart.

Really a great place to work for.
Pros
Discounts, all the gifts, culture
Cons
Far from home
3,0
Auditor...error station investigator (Former Employee) –  Hammarsdale, KwaZulu-Natal3 February 2019
It a good place to work at it just that they are not employing when you have finished probation

They only hire new people all the time
They giving new people a value to life
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hour
3,0
It a well organised company but it has got long hours and work on holidays and weekends
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng31 January 2019
I worked for Ackerman's for a year now there are no changes about the work place only firing a hiring of new stuff
I would like to go out there and search for other jobs now so I can get another experience than from Ackerman's
inclusive and cool workplace
shop keeper (Former Employee) –  Polokwane, Limpopo28 January 2019
The atmosphere was great and everyoe was welcoming and the manager was fair and strict at the same time. I learnt to more about serving the people from different race, religions and with different attitude and behavior. I learnt about team work.
Pros
learn to work as a team
clean environment
cashier (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng20 January 2019
It is fun, colleague respect each other and there is good communication between employees, management is able to resolve issues with customers if assistance is needed.
Pros
free coffee
Open and honest
till operator (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng20 January 2019
Employees were open and always up for helping out customers, handled the work professionally and efficiently.

Working with customers brought out a good personality in me and gave me the opportunity to know how to work with people effectiveness.
Pros
Tips from customer
Cons
Normal hours
4,0
Very productive and challenging
shop assistance (Current Employee) –  Western Cape16 January 2019
Ackermans is a good company to work for as the are many opportunities that are offered to the employees the growth is there.
You start way up to the top.
Pros
vouchers
professional development
cashier (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal9 January 2019
Being a cashier at Ackermans provided to my professional development because there i interacted with a lot of customers from various backgrounds and also assisted me in problem solving.
5,0
It was so productive and fun I really learn a lot
casual (Former Employee) –  Delmas,Mpumalanga7 January 2019
It was really productive and fun I really learn a lot like I was working with different people everyday and I had to put myself on their shoes because they come first.working on the till point was valuable now I can say I am really good with numbers and am friendly and helpful even outside workplace.
Pros
The were free lunches and games
3,0
Productive but not a fun workplace
cashier and packer (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape6 December 2018
There`s no growth in the store I worked at but I can't speak for all ackermans stores it was a very good environment of work,friendly learned a lot...
Pros
No pros
Cons
Long hours only 1 brake for the hole day dont get tea time
3,0
It is the right place to start your professional career as they offer training to develop your self and to know who you are
Dc assistant (Current Employee) –  Kuils River, Western Cape5 December 2018
Ackermans helped me a lot because in their work place they have values , they values different cultures. They offer training like who am I training.They have incentives and bonuses for their employees . They do give money for your kids education every year
Pros
On December they give gifts
Cons
The longest hours I worked is 12 hours
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier(p40) (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng28 November 2018
Working for this company helps me a lot,I known how to work with money,how to pack clothes and also how to count money while selling to the costumer..