Ackermans Employee Reviews

5,0
If l can be offered that ackermans job l will be more than a happy person
Shop assistant and cashia (Former Employee) –  Durban3 December 2019
For me everything was understandable special when it comes to values of ackermans and that how important is the customer, welcome and tank customers
5,0
I enjoyed working at Ackermans because I had passion working with people.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Marikana3 December 2019
Vibe and attitude was good.
Interacting with different people, learning new things daily. Ackermans culture taught me Ubuntu because we embraced culture.
3,0
Please interview don't ask many questions
general worker (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal27 November 2019
It good to work in this company because no preson we push your to doing this you work in your pres..and good communication with other people team good
5,0
The environment is welcoming, people are very friendly, there's a lot of work, too much pressure. We enjoy benefits of the company.
shop assistant (Former Employee) –  Potgietersrus, Limpopo21 November 2019
The journey was not easy but so far I made it, even though I never thought it would be easy. The challenges are there, waiting for a post so that you be prompted, working hard to be recognized. Learned to be patient, not to take things personal, treat everyone fairly, handle the pressure well.
Pros
We get incentives, 13th cheque, stock take bonus, free lunches sometimes
Cons
We don't get enough rest, long hours
5,0
development technologist (Current Employee) –  Kuils River, Western Cape20 November 2019
Very insightful place to work in .Diverse people .
The culture is different from any other i have experienced .
Chance for growth in certain areas .
Flat structure
4,0
Happy to be working there because of the work atmosphere and have learned a numerous skills and how to communicate with people. Management was hands o
Replanishment (Former Employee) –  Eastgate, Gauteng20 November 2019
I am an enthusiastic person who's hungry for more knowledge and growth. I am a team player and a energetic person. Time Management is important to me.
3,0
Fair job for a start in life
cashier (Former Employee) –  Carolina, Mpumalanga19 November 2019
Ackermans is well organised, goal driven & profit sales driven. It would be fast paced by the third week of the month. The pay was fair but not enough.
2,0
Retail jobs are straining
Cashier & Mechanizing (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Hammanskraal, Gauteng18 November 2019
Being a casual worker is a challenge because you get limited hours per month. I learned alot about time management, house keeping and accuracy as dealing with cash.
work
Store manager (Former Employee) –  Randburg, Gauteng15 November 2019
good place to work and learn . the are good trainings for the employees. they do invest in people . they have the best culture and policies . the hardships were long hours
Pros
free lunch
Very accomodative
financial solutions department and also partner (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng11 November 2019
Am ready to stand up to do my best in every situation at work.
Able to work under every condition.
Able to have team work.
I acquire a lot of experience
5,0
a customer is always right
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng1 November 2019
i am a hard ,driven worker,a team player as well.I am willing to learn new things.i am atime manageable person.I believe in loving your job in oder to be settled.I am friendly ,full of a beautiful smile and a respectful person.I am willing to work under pressure.
3,0
not enough salary to maintain family
cashier and packer (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng1 November 2019
lovely environment. friendly stuff. busy store and stress free place to be. there is growth in Ackerman but it's slow. just need to work hard to prove yourself.
5,0
Ackermans is a good place and make me happy
general worker (Former Employee) –  Spingo1 November 2019
If I can get onother chance to work at ackermans ican take it with a joy and it good store for community and make me proud of these store good servece
3,0
Good company, but poor salary and long working hours
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Esikhawini, KwaZulu-Natal16 October 2019
As a p40/shop assistant you do everyhing at once, the tills, merchandising,house keeping, unpacking boxes every single day. On peak days are the worst!
4,0
I'm a hard working guy, like new things
warehouse assistant (Former Employee) –  Prospecton, KwaZulu-Natal14 October 2019
Was working at the pickers line on the machine , working with the picking form ,loading what the the shops wants ,loved my job very well ,and also did good the thing was that we were under contact and the company Ackermans was moving to Harmasdeli.
Very fun, Team Work. Productive
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hammanskraal, Gauteng29 September 2019
The working environment is good... we made sure we reach the target everyday. Team work is essential. Company culture is excellent. It's nice working with customers.
Pros
Free Lunch Sometimes
Cons
Long Hours
crisp values
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  South Africa27 September 2019
its a good company with lots of benefit, i enjoy working there because sometimes its better than other company when coming from offer they have lyk basaries ,bonus, medical aid and profident funds .
1,0
Ackermans is a company that is tranparent and the take their customers very seriously(they come first) i had great experience
Casher (Former Employee) –  Kriel, Mpumalanga25 September 2019
I learned how to deal with pressure and iam also a smart working person. In everything I do I consider the image of the business so that I can portray a good image for the business
polite and calm workplace
general worker (Former Employee) –  mount frere23 September 2019
it was nice to work at Ackerman's, I learnt too much to deal with customers, to work as a team, how to use computer, time management...there was no hardest job cause I was enjoy my all my part of jobs, I putted all my effort as much as I had to.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
one hour
3,0
It a very productive place to work at but dedication counts to what ever you are required to do
cashier (Former Employee) –  Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal20 September 2019
I loved to work there but my problem was that from December to January you work till late and I struggled to find transport but it a place to work at for everyone as long as you are not lazy and you work at your best
Pros
1 hour
Cons
9am-8pm