Advtech Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
School enviroment is Nice
Financial Administrator (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal31 January 2018
School enviroment is Nice and friendly space to work in.
Typical day can be extremely busy or quite depending
on school calendar.

Diversity in work, people you meet and what's required
Principal
Principal (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng1 November 2016
A busy day managing all aspects of a highly successful independent school. My people skills and working with individualised teachers and pupils have been honed over 11 years of being in senior management. The most enjoyable part of my job is working at this excellent school and being able to add real value to the lives of every child and teacher in the school.
Productive Environment
Dynamics CRM Business Process Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sandton, Johannesburg7 January 2016
I’m internationally certified as a CRM specialist which entails extensive skills on business reporting services, Business Process and aligning business strategy within an ERP methodology, which makes me a lead in business improvement by enhancing the core requirements of any business to reach its objectives and thus I have intense report generating skills and management skills. With eight years’ experience as a Business Process Analyst and a CRM Consultant, I have developed extensive skills in business process analysis and business requirements engineering. My strengths lie in identifying and analysing key issues based on thorough research, improving processes and developing business strategy in line with IT market developments, policies and trends.

I have been responsible for identifying key commercial and operational issues and developing effective business solutions. Most notably, as a Project Lead, I have successfully implemented a new CRM system successfully for over 600 users.

My current position has made me an especially effective communicator. I am adept at dealing with a wide range of stakeholders, conveying business needs to technical teams and presenting my analysis and recommendations to executives.
Pros
Monthly Half Days
Cons
Long Hours
Excellent atmosphere and productive environment
Group Project manager (Former Employee) –  Sandton, GP3 November 2015
I grew more here than anywhere else. the environment is very professional yet relaxing. There is a mesh golf course directly outside the office for staff use. The canteen is staffed with a chef and excellent food. The support from management was very good in general and employees are given the opportunity to express themselves. nobody is policed, yet there is accountability and loyalty
Pros
relaxed atmosphere, golf, canteen, pause areas
Challenging but enjoyable
Brand Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg North, GP24 June 2014
Private Tertiary Education is a tough market but having an academic body to control all aspects can be a positive and negative element

A typical day at work would consist of research, dealing with enquiries, looking for advertising opportunities, planning events etc. It is easy to work with people that have a passion for a brand, and have a vision for the brand.

The hardest part of the job is the red tape and getting approval for elements, many people have to be involved before a decision can be made

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the results from a successful campaign
Pros
Flexi Hours
Cons
No incentives
productive aqnd interesting work place
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP22 May 2014
A typical day at work was getting in at work, get ready for the clients/students and their parents. meaning that one had to make sure all working stations are clean and well stocked and that all has the required material for the registration process and also that we are seated at 8am for parents to come in. Filling in forms would be the work of the day and explaining to students and parents about the school, varsity life and how they need to carry themselves. Another thing would be interacting with students and parents making sure that they are helped and happy at all times. The last thing would be calling the parents or students telling them about what they have to bring through to the school and if they send them then I would have to fill the documents with their registration form. I would also have to speak with students when they come to the school and make sure they get all their materials for classes etc. Long hours at times but all was it. Difficult part was dealing with angry parents or parents that were mislead by their children. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with people at all times as I love being around people.
Pros
Working with people and seeing people happy when they are helped
Cons
LOng hours, difficult and angry parents
Wonderful to teach at a high level to pupils who are interested and eager to participate! The sky is the limit when given an opportunity like this.
Educator (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP3 January 2014
Self fulfilling, productive, fun, hard work, environment that allows you to grow personally and professionally, social environmet, freedom to be creative
Pros
Happy environment, creative atmosphere, pupils who are hungry for knowledge
Cons
Tedious job writing over 500 comments twice a year during the holidays!
Work
Customer Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Randburg, GP22 October 2013
On a normal day at work, i have capture student attendance, make sure that class registers are printed out and ready for the lecturers.

I have learnt how to manage my time, to be customer driven, to have patience.

My co-workers are torable, I do what i have to do each day to do my part of my job.

The hardest part of my job, would be dealing with students that lie and change stories, but for me to avoid such, I always make notes of the conversation I have with the students to have paper trail of communication.
Productive and Time driven.
Payroll Administrator (Current Employee) –  Sandton, GP3 October 2013
My work day is always busy and very time driven. I have learned a lot of new skills and also how to work "smarter" and not "harder".
Management is very good so are my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is to meet "deadlines" always on time, this takes a lot of long working hours. The most enjoyable part of my job is doing reconsiliations. I've got very good computer skills and always like to try new things to make everyone's job easier and understandable.
Pros
Excellent Company Policies in place.
Cons
Long Hours
Productive and Fun place to work at
Head of Department (Current Employee) –  Pretoria31 August 2012
1. As a Head of Department for the assessments, I am responsible for the administration process related to delivery of course and related material and assessments. I do mot ordinarily deal with students but I am available to students in the absence of the Client Service Officer. I am also responsible for the administration, organization and smooth running of the college tests and exams. I disseminate information about tests and exams to staff, pupils and their parents, and I respond to complaints and queries that may arise regarding any particular assessment. I am responsible for the print outs of the assessments and have to ensure that the format of the assessment is correct for duplication. If not, this is usually referred back to our National Academic Office I then place the assessments / documents into a secure storage facility “our strong room” where a log of all assessments taken out are kept. 2. I consult with the client service officers daily to resolve or assist in assessment queries, I report assessment anomalies and incidents to the Administration Manager. 3. I inform lecturers / ADC’s in conjunction with the Administration Manager on assessment outcomes and review. 14. I liaise closely with our Academic Manager and other HOD members to develop exam statistics that can be used to target problem areas for students as a basis for raising a good pass rate.