AFGRI Employee Reviews

Dynamic environment
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng14 August 2017
I am a Relationship Manager that is responsible for training mentoring and developing emerging farmers in AFGRI. I am the link between the emerging farmers and Agri.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
AFGRI has exposure to the anomalies of the weather which can affect the profitability of the company
5,0
South African Firm
Workshop manager (Former Employee) –  Bergville South Africa27 July 2017
Good company to work for but located in Bergville South Africa so a detailed review may not be of much use to job seekers on this website. I did find the company to be fair to its employees.
Driven
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng19 July 2017
Doing 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support - challenges everyday.
Always something new to learn.
Management are fair but not always open about situations.
No growth at current position
2,0
Work and fun
HR Officer (Former Employee) –  Gauteng30 May 2017
It is an interesting company to work for. The layout of the offices is attracting, they offer market related salaries and their benefits as well are exciting. Management depends on who you report to.
Some Managers have leadership qualities whereas some are still not at that level
5,0
We worked together as a teem
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Zambia & South Africa30 January 2017
I love Working for AFGRI. They look very well after there workers and there Training is incredibly . I did my apprenticeship through them and I got my qualifications through there training department. Good company to work for.
working with farmers
grain grader (Current Employee) –  Bergville, ZN27 October 2014
grading of trucks, meeting new people all the time(truck drivers).
learn new things about grain. management is good cause we always uplift our co- workers and mass production out of them. keep your co-workers happy and they will take care of you. there is no hard part if you put your mind to it nothing is hard. chatting to co-workers helping solve problems.
Pros
not allowed to.
Cons
working long hours during season time
Chalghing and fun
floor manager (Former Employee) –  Hoedspruit, MP23 August 2014
A day at work always starts good everyone was early at work to enjoy a cup off tea together and talk about everything and work was also in this way everyone that needed to know what is going on had the opportunity to catch up. and when there was a meeting it was always good and private stuff stayed like that and everyone communicated well so the day can go smoothly as possible. The hardest part was to give someone bad news or when a co worker refuses to be part of a good team, Everyday was a enjoyable day because I love working as a team and to serve my customers personally everyday and to go out of my way to try and help everyone I like to look everyday as a new beginning in life and at work,
Pros
humanity, good spirits and overtime medical aid and pension
Cons
was a long way to drive to get to work
4,0
fun but hard working an konsentrasion is needed
RELEAVE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Standerton, MP22 July 2014
a normal day konsists of grain managemant and the following
:dispach and receiving of grain
:handeling of stock
:upgraiding of stock
:stock taking
:co-ordenating staff
:reporting to head office
:handeling inquiries
:customer service
:quality controle
Pros
non
Productive work place
Bank and cach recon administrator (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, GP11 June 2014
i love my occupation as it bring new challenge every day and investigating and solving problems regarding figures is my passion.
3,0
Interesting to work with various customers
Admin assistant (Former Employee) –  Lydenburg4 March 2013
I would start the day checking emails, messages from the head office, credit notes etc. I would contact clients and other branches regarding credit notes, stock, ect. Learned plenty about working with the public and stock management. My co workers were kind, professional and hardworking dedicated people with problem solving abilities of note. The hardest part of the job was leaving due to relocation....I enjoyed every aspect of my job and was grateful everyday to have this job.
Very fun place to work
Learning Grain Grader (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem - Meets silo11 August 2012
The days started very orginized, then its coffee and as soon as there is a client we help him as quick as prompt as possible. If done the 4 grading courses already, maize, sorghum, soyabeans and sunflower. Still have to do the Wheat grading course. The management at the silo are very friendly and understading. The people that I worked with was extreme friendly. The hardest part of the job was checking that everyone is doning their jobs. The most enjoyable part of the job was the phisycal grading of the different types of grain.
hard work yet rewarding
grain Grader (Former Employee) –  Kinross8 August 2012
Days were long and often required 16 hours shifts making it hard. Managers were strict yet gave me lots of oppertunites to prove myself as acting silo manager. I learned alot as i have experience on recieving and dispaching slo
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
hectic amount of traveling