African Bank

African Bank Employee Reviews

3,0
It was a good experience working for the bank
Inbound and Outbound Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng18 January 2020
It was a good experience working for the bank. Very competative and challenging at times.working with clients who are very stressed on how to pay their accounts and clearing their names with ITC was very difficult at times.convincing and advising them that not paying their accounts could have a negative impact in their lives in future.
productive
Sales Centre Manager (Former Employee) –  Eastern Cape16 January 2020
branches are to big for the capacity they handle. branches is in the wrong areas for example in Zevenwachgt mall in Kuilsriver. Create a P L U R culture. Respect . Love . Unity . Love . Managers to be more involved.
Pros
more promotional activities
Cons
brances in incorrect arease
Challenging
Mobile Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Roodepoort, Gauteng4 January 2020
It was fun working at African Bank between 2003 and 2005, back then competition was tight and it helped gain more work experience, hard work, how to present yourself, how to associate with people, quality service delivery, dedication, team work, self confidence, challenge, set goals.
5,0
Relaxrd enviroment very good company to work for
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng3 January 2020
I could work there again they have work ethics treat their rmployees with respect they havr benefits medical aid and study benefit they offer leave and bonuses they keep you updated about the company growth
3,0
Take action without expecting results, say thank you more frequently, always act with a purpose, be a team player, plan ahead, keep a file
Data Capture Clerk (Current Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng23 December 2019
I have learned that what is important to the company is also important to me, management time is important, is when we get incentives, working under pressure I usually find it stimulating however ko owever
5,0
I was a casual and only working few hours
Casual marketer (Former Employee) –  Benoni, Gauteng12 December 2019
I think it was fair what the manager gave me because actually I was volunteering but the manager gave me something after distributing the flyersso that I can catch a taxi home and the manager provided breakfast and lunch.
productive place
Sales consultant (Current Employee) –  Boksburg, Gauteng12 December 2019
great working environment that is fast paced and needs a committed.Need to be a hardworker and always be keen to learn as there are a lot of changes happening.Growth.
N/a
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Dundee, KwaZulu-Natal5 December 2019
I learn a lot when it comes to sales,how to treat customer and also team role,and also how to behave as their staff,formality,and each an every time there's a new product there was a training,before we face customers with that new product,the environment were freindly for both the staff and the client and safety
Mahikeng
ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Mafikeng, North West2 December 2019
I workedat African Bank mahikeng in kiosky. I was happy to work with the team. I also made sales in Ellerines. We were retrenched after. Good on my job
3,0
productive and fun to work for
collections agent (Former Employee) –  durban28 November 2019
felt welcomed form day one, the management was friendly and made you feel at home even though when i got to know the place better i have realised that staff were not treated the same according to race.
but besides that i had fun to work there.
2,0
Stressful and underpaid
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Estcourt, KwaZulu-Natal28 November 2019
It was a job that required a lot of targets and it was a very stressful environment to work in. The people were not friendly and there was always bitterness as targets could not be met as the area we live in does not help much
Excellent working culture
Collections Manager (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal27 November 2019
African Bank is a forward thinking
Very collabarative management style
Fun enviroment with excellent work ethics
Your opinions matter and your ideas are always taken into consideration
Every employee is treated fairly
2,0
After deductions you walk away with less than R5000. No commission, no overtime pay, 13th cheque comes from your own salary.
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape27 November 2019
Negotiate with African Bank Human Capital (HR) not with a recruitment agency consultant.

Mention your experience & qualifications, even if unemployed. Once they know you unemployed they will offer you the bare minimum.
1,0
Unskilled Management
Learner Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng14 November 2019
Alot of unprofessional people in management positions only because of their duration with the company. Unfair treatment amoungst employees. Much less salary, not equivalent to the stress and efforts made by workers monthly.
5,0
African bank is a family with different cultures who thrives to enspire a nation
Consultant-Sales Driver, Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Western Cape13 November 2019
Working for African bank was a Challenge yet experimental I learners to work more with different cultures and being a sales driver taught me to be independently and self motivated .at African bank we were one big family who always motivated and enspire our fellow workers
5,0
I left there a long time
Sales consultant/ Administrative consultant (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal12 November 2019
I left in 2014, it's too long now. But during my time there, it was nice, they used to pay profit sharing in November. Lots of leave days , the condition was nice , only target was stressful.
An inspiring job.
Branch consultant (Former Employee) –  Thabazimbi, Limpopo12 November 2019
You learn how to interact with people of all different cultures.How to sell tour product to people and leave them satisfied about how you helped them.That will make them come back to you for help in future.
5,0
Its very productive and fun at the same time it is really a nice environment to work in and its very welcoming
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  midrand6 November 2019
they have a very nice and welcoming work place
I learn to have a self confidence
Management are very nice people and very friend and they are very encouraging
The hardest part is when a target is too high and the opportunity to reach its very limited
I enjoy it because you talk to a different people with different characters everyday, you learn how to deal with people with different characters and to deal or handle them
4,0
Productive and enjoyable
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng5 November 2019
It's an environment where one grows in their area of work , in terms of understanding and empowering oneself. You are given a chance to make decisions that will lead to the growth of your branch.
5,0
Excellent working environment. very productive and fun to work there.
Regional Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng4 November 2019
I had a great working experience at this company. There were lot of learning and career development. the company even paid for my tuition for a completed Business management certificate that I obtained in 2014 from Regenesys business school.