Afrox Employee Reviews

Worse place
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Germiston, Gauteng7 November 2019
Not a good environment victimized, once you excel, they investigate you as they do not want to pay you the commission. too many excuses and racist seniors!
Sucks
Homecare Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Selby, Gauteng26 September 2019
I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. The company is more into reducing headcount to reduce operational costs in order to make their annual profits at the expense of efficiency and quality.
4,0
Productive and a good working condition
Driver (Former Employee) –  Pietermaritzburg22 September 2019
Afrox is a NYC working company you learn more and meet new people security is on top of the range they also have good benefits working hours and the salary is good
Pros
Free lunches on weekends
Cons
Short breaks health care
5,0
Afrox is a good company that takes care of the employee.
National cylinders revalidation manager (Former Employee) –  Germiston, Gauteng12 September 2019
I am very trustworthy active person open to challenges believe in planning ahead I take pride of my work and responsibilities I strive for thoroughness competence and excellence I do perform well under pressure enjoy stimulation and sense of achievements.
5,0
Afrox is a good company that takes care of the employee
National cylinders revalidation manager (Former Employee) –  Germiston, Gauteng28 August 2019
I am very trustworthy active person open to challenges believe in planning ahead I take pride of my work and responsibilities I strive for thoroughness.
Productive pecea of mind
Cylinder handler (Former Employee) –  Pinetown7 August 2019
It a good company that put workers first by ensuring their safety .they don't mind spend money to train and teach the worker's about safety and SHEQ they also groom the worker's
Pros
Free lunch only on trainings
Cons
8 hours per shift
Fun company to work for
Senior Transport Planner (Former Employee) –  Germiston, Gauteng16 July 2019
Procedures and systems are relevant.

Great Culture and the working standards

Fun place to work in, room for growth for determined individuals

They offer training constantly.

Great company to work for
Pros
Good Training
Hard worker and Productive
Driver (Former Employee) –  Mpangeni, KwaZulu-Natal27 March 2019
Loading a truck in the morning
Deliver gas cylinders to customers
Offload cylinders for the customers
I learnt about safety
Time management
I learnt post and pre-checks on the vehicles
Pros
Free hours
Nice place to work
L.P.G LARGE & SMALL CYLINDER FILLING (Former Employee) –  Epping, Western Cape29 December 2018
It was only a course that i completed. I would have loved to work there but it was only a six months course. I enjoyed my time and learned alot while i was there.
4,0
A goal orientated and driven Company to work for.
Marketing Officer (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape24 November 2018
I was very young and had just finished my Articles with a CA(SA) firm.
Learned the basics of good Sales management and peoples skills.
Most difficult part of job - Ensuring the Representatives achieved their targets and serviced all their Customers every month.
Most enjoyable part of the job - When you close a deal with a client company to supply Bulk gasses and Welding equipment.
Pros
Profit Sharing
Cons
Sometimes very stressful
2,0
Worse campany I have ever worked for
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Gauteng5 November 2018
I couldn't wait to leave the company. its a great company to work for if you know write people in write places. There are lots of Afrox employees who are under paid, and those same people are hard workers and those same people go over the limit to satisfy their customers. I would like to request Head of procument to review all the employees salaries from production filling plants and the Warehouses. Head of procument is the man who motivates staff to educate themselves in order to grow their careers within Afrox when he does branch visits.

I wold also like to find out from someone in HR how does the grading thing works? You will find out that you are all doing the same job and you are all in same grade but there will be a difference of more than R10 000 or someone is in grade 5 earning more than someone in grade 10 or 12.

At Afrox they provide intensive training and you learn a lot in a short space, its really a great company to kick start your career. I believe the salaries will be resolved one day and I will encourage my kids to work for Afrox once done their studies.
Pros
bursaries, provident fund, 13 cheque
Cons
flexible hours
customer service
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  south africa17 May 2018
i have learn so many things at Afrox like what Afrox deal with and how do the feel the cylinder and how do the make medical oxygen. My managers she is the good person. when u can solve the customer problem,
Always on the go.
Cylinder handler (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape17 April 2018
It was okay working here, although i had to start early and sometimes had to work overtime. Was on the road delivering gas tanks to places all over cape town, it was fun to work here but i also had to be on alert all the time.
Pros
Road trips
1,0
Hated my job every waking morning. Could not wait to leave
Clinical sales rep (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng16 April 2018
As a sales rep in the healthcare department, I initially enjoyed my job because I was passionate about getting my customers the best service. As time went on and due to the lack of team work, I started to hate my job and eventually resent everyone I was forced to work with. If only we had more team building events, it would help us to get to know team members at a different level and environment which would enable one to show empathy for the next person. I really didn't like how I had to literally beg the next person to do their job and the lack of enthusiasm when asking for help was terrible. My boss was amazing though. Very supportive and inspirational
Pros
Company car. Study bursaries. Flexible hours.
Cons
Unrealistic targets, Not enough employees therefore overworked and unhappy people, No investment in marketing.
3,0
Instrumentation Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Sasolburg, Free State23 March 2018
Good working environment at all times
I have learned a lot in Instrumentation better than what used to
think before.
Good management
Work ethics is on point
Not getting payed for overtime
Social events
Pros
Produvtive
Cons
Unpayed overtime
4,0
Excellent company to work for
National Warehousing Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng14 March 2018
Good culture and great people

I enjoyed interaction with our clients and executive management in our Head office Selby

Company culture as well as BBE ratings was very good, they always make an effort to make sure that they meet these requirements

Hardest part of my job was when we went through restructure and good people were retrenched. But this is part of the business, changes leads to new ventures!

We had many opportunities for in house training, Afrox had a excellent programme for Six Sigma Black Belt in house training which took place over a period of a year. I have learnt so much from the company.

If there are opportunities in future i will work for this company again
Pros
canteen
Cons
excessive travel
Patient orientated care
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape19 February 2018
Company division of healthcare does not exist any more.
Was excellent to work for the company.
Very patient orientated. Quality healthcare very important.
Pros
Permanent employment
4,0
exciting and full of new challeges everyday
Production Engineer (Helium Specialist) (Current Employee) –  Germiston, South africa2 February 2018
There is always somthing to do, Exciting to come to work and meet up with challeges throughout the day. fun to work there, production issues always create challeging enviroment
4,0
Works closely with internal departments
Payroll Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Gauteng24 January 2018
Deadline driven environment

Acts as SAP payroll process owner and assumes responsibility for training,testing and business specification identification as required.
Administration of Payroll Runs (Include Botswana and Swaziland) (final, mid-month, dummy, retirees)
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Gauteng5 October 2017
This happened very long ago
Good environment to learn
Obtained a lot of experience and learning new areas
Good opportunity
Middle management not willing to change at the time