Afrox Employee Reviews

Hard worker and Productive
Driver (Former Employee) –  Mpangeni, KwaZulu-Natal27 March 2019
Loading a truck in the morning
Deliver gas cylinders to customers
Offload cylinders for the customers
I learnt about safety
Time management
I learnt post and pre-checks on the vehicles
Pros
Free hours
Nice place to work
L.P.G LARGE & SMALL CYLINDER FILLING (Former Employee) –  Epping, Western Cape29 December 2018
It was only a course that i completed. I would have loved to work there but it was only a six months course. I enjoyed my time and learned alot while i was there.
2,0
Worse campany I have ever worked for
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Gauteng5 November 2018
I couldn't wait to leave the company. its a great company to work for if you know write people in write places. There are lots of Afrox employees who are under paid, and those same people are hard workers and those same people go over the limit to satisfy their customers. I would like to request Head of procument to review all the employees salaries from production filling plants and the Warehouses. Head of procument is the man who motivates staff to educate themselves in order to grow their careers within Afrox when he does branch visits.

I wold also like to find out from someone in HR how does the grading thing works? You will find out that you are all doing the same job and you are all in same grade but there will be a difference of more than R10 000 or someone is in grade 5 earning more than someone in grade 10 or 12.

At Afrox they provide intensive training and you learn a lot in a short space, its really a great company to kick start your career. I believe the salaries will be resolved one day and I will encourage my kids to work for Afrox once done their studies.
Pros
bursaries, provident fund, 13 cheque
Cons
flexible hours
customer service
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  south africa17 May 2018
i have learn so many things at Afrox like what Afrox deal with and how do the feel the cylinder and how do the make medical oxygen. My managers she is the good person. when u can solve the customer problem,
Always on the go.
Cylinder handler (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape17 April 2018
It was okay working here, although i had to start early and sometimes had to work overtime. Was on the road delivering gas tanks to places all over cape town, it was fun to work here but i also had to be on alert all the time.
Pros
Road trips
1,0
Hated my job every waking morning. Could not wait to leave
Clinical sales rep (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng16 April 2018
As a sales rep in the healthcare department, I initially enjoyed my job because I was passionate about getting my customers the best service. As time went on and due to the lack of team work, I started to hate my job and eventually resent everyone I was forced to work with. If only we had more team building events, it would help us to get to know team members at a different level and environment which would enable one to show empathy for the next person. I really didn't like how I had to literally beg the next person to do their job and the lack of enthusiasm when asking for help was terrible. My boss was amazing though. Very supportive and inspirational
Pros
Company car. Study bursaries. Flexible hours.
Cons
Unrealistic targets, Not enough employees therefore overworked and unhappy people, No investment in marketing.
3,0
Instrumentation Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Sasolburg, Free State23 March 2018
Good working environment at all times
I have learned a lot in Instrumentation better than what used to
think before.
Good management
Work ethics is on point
Not getting payed for overtime
Social events
Pros
Produvtive
Cons
Unpayed overtime
4,0
Excellent company to work for
National Warehousing Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng14 March 2018
Good culture and great people

I enjoyed interaction with our clients and executive management in our Head office Selby

Company culture as well as BBE ratings was very good, they always make an effort to make sure that they meet these requirements

Hardest part of my job was when we went through restructure and good people were retrenched. But this is part of the business, changes leads to new ventures!

We had many opportunities for in house training, Afrox had a excellent programme for Six Sigma Black Belt in house training which took place over a period of a year. I have learnt so much from the company.

If there are opportunities in future i will work for this company again
Pros
canteen
Cons
excessive travel
Patient orientated care
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape19 February 2018
Company division of healthcare does not exist any more.
Was excellent to work for the company.
Very patient orientated. Quality healthcare very important.
Pros
Permanent employment
4,0
exciting and full of new challeges everyday
Production Engineer (Helium Specialist) (Current Employee) –  Germiston, South africa2 February 2018
There is always somthing to do, Exciting to come to work and meet up with challeges throughout the day. fun to work there, production issues always create challeging enviroment
4,0
Works closely with internal departments
Payroll Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Gauteng24 January 2018
Deadline driven environment

Acts as SAP payroll process owner and assumes responsibility for training,testing and business specification identification as required.
Administration of Payroll Runs (Include Botswana and Swaziland) (final, mid-month, dummy, retirees)
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Gauteng5 October 2017
This happened very long ago
Good environment to learn
Obtained a lot of experience and learning new areas
Good opportunity
Middle management not willing to change at the time
4,0
A very good company to kick start your career at
Graduate Trainee Engineer (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng2 October 2017
It is a good company to work for and they have a good culture to develop and nature young talents. Though the training is not structured, I got the best working experience one could ever ask for.
Pros
There is always something to do.
Cons
Not providing the right tools for the job.
safe contious
assembler (Former Employee) –  Germiston, Gauteng10 September 2017
I have learned that afrox care about the safety of their employees and customer. And they also empower their employees by assisting them in furthering their education
Pros
free lunch ones in a while
Cons
we worked 8hours
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape15 August 2017
Very much about what clients you had on your books and how you serviced them. You had long term customers and actual plans for the gas pipes that has to be built to service them. Very Rands and cents oriented.
Good work benefits
Area Production Manager Eastern Cape (Current Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape14 August 2017
High pressure environment with new, different challenges everyday. Staff generally has good work ethic. Moral could improve but difficult due to the number of restructurings over the past 9 years.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Progress
Productive and Educating
National Controller (Current Employee) –  KwaDukuza, KwaZulu-Natal11 July 2017
Typical day at work is, Dealing with complex Admin and Finance queries is always challenging but very educating makes my day. I learned that Innovation when Collating Management reports demonstrating more useful information to Management than they expect is seen and received as a "go the extra mile employee". The hardest part of my job is Training new Learners that are not hungry to develope themselves. The most enjoyable part of my job is Attending National Conferences where i am able to learn and develope myself with Global standards.
Pros
Travelling
Cons
Training new employees
3,0
A company in transition with clear direction now
General Manager Tonnage (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng1 June 2017
I would review daily plant productions reports and liaise with each respective Plant Manager to identify performance issues and agree what needed to be focussed on, Then working with Supply Chain determine product availability for the next business day to enable fleet scheduling to be undertaken.
Daily interaction with Engineering for updates on current projects and scope meetings to agree required future works to improve reliability and efficiency.
At the time the culture lacked the urgency we see in the UK and it was ok to leave things to tomorrow and this permeated the organisation then. Right now I understand that this has been improved on considerably.
I enjoyed the opportunity to recruit and develop managers and to see them grow gave me job satisfaction, especially in working with my choice of successor.
Hardest part of the job was overcoming the cultural differences between the UK approach and the local approach to working life.
Pros
Large organisation with scope for advancement
Cons
extensive travel away from base
Good Start To a Career
Logistics Systems analyst (Current Employee) –  South Africa25 May 2017
Afrox is a good place to work to kick start your career and learn about the business of gases. There are many departments to that you can learn from if there is good collaboration.
Pros
Market Related pay, good benefits
Cons
Little opprotunity, unstable, job security a concern
5,0
Great place to work nd learn
Profesional driver (Current Employee) –  George, Western Cape1 May 2017
Great place to work and learn flexible working hours, no working on weekends only if there's an emergency good benefits medical aid Provident fund bursarys available, yearly increase training provided
Cons
Sometimes long working hours