Amazon.com Employee Reviews

Found 283 reviews matching the search See all 41 272 reviews
5,0
I would always go back to work for Amazon
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape5 December 2019
Working at Amazon is an experience unforgettable. Its love at first sight, the building, environment, the culture, people, management. You always feel like you are part of something big, worthwhile and that you matter. Its just awesome and wonderful. I can't wait to go back there!!!
Productive and Fun Workplace
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape2 December 2019
Associates have flexible hours of work or shifts and breaks in between. I have learned to go extra mile in helping customer meet their needs, to be more empathetic and improve customer experience. Management support our growth in the company and easy to reach out even on their off days. It was a good workplace in building team morale through team outings, potlucks and other occasions to celebrate. The hardest part of the job was maintaining/reaching the performance metrics and getting the promotions. The most enjoyable part of the job is being recognize for the achievements and resolving customer's issue.
Great place
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape2 December 2019
It's a better call centre than all that I've been to. Amazon is just super I would recommend the company to allot of people , even those who are starting out on call centres.
Growth
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape26 November 2019
Lots of growth potential. Very supportive colleagues and management. Must be able to work under pressure. Must be professional and be able to relate to different people.
4,0
Casual environment, fun yet great work ethic.
CSNA Snr Digital Associate - Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape25 November 2019
A typical day working at Amazon would include assisting customers in various manners either through Phone, Chat or Email.

I had learnt invaluable life lessons whilst working at Amazon, mainly being time management and the importance of working with others.

The Work culture had been one of my favorite reasons to come to work, the people and work culture had easily become my most enjoyable part of the job, whilst my least favorite had been the late hours and public holidays.

Overall i would recommend Amazon Development Centre to others, because as the name suggests, it is a great place to develop yourself.
Growth
Customer service agent (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape19 November 2019
Amazon was the Best place to work at especially considering the fact that it was the first time I worked at the call center. I learnt quite a lot over a short period of time. There’s a lot Of growth aswell if you work hard/smart enough.
There’s also free transport from/to work for shifts between 6pm and 6am.
4,0
Customer Service Agent (Retail/Digital) (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape17 November 2019
It is a good place to work. I am fortunate to have gained experience working for Amazon as a customer service agent dealing with North American customers. During this period I gained valuable practical experience in fields outside my comfort zone. I also gained valuable insight into how to communicate with my colleagues of various age groups and experience.
Fun Work Environment
Customer Service Agent (Retail) (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape14 November 2019
Nice work environment. highly productive and work orientated in a relaxed manner. Gained a lot of Experience as someone new into the job sector. Would recommend to anyone who has interest in customer care.
Excellent Employer - Large Company
Senior Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  London13 November 2019
I am unfortunately facing a layoff, due to a loss of a contract, in a few years. I am saddened to be leaving the company as I have had an amazing 2 years with them. One of the best employers, by far. I have had a great manager and amazing colleagues and couldn't be more grateful for the experiences I've had. They have provided me with an excellent work/life balance, great benefits and many laughs along the way. The only con would have to be that in working in different cities far from home, we wouldn't get a lot of face-to-face time, as a team.
As a Senior Business Development Manager i was responsible to research, locate, define and target key business prospects. Work with customers to provide feedback to development teams for new content and products. Establish and nurture relationships that fill business pipeline with prospective partners and customers. Negotiate new partnerships and business alliances; work closely with legal experts to write contracts for new business partners and to create business development strategies; identify roadblocks and drive new business from conception through closure. Global Account Manager you are responsible for managing all aspects of the assigned customer accounts relating to pricing and customer service. The Global Account Manger is also responsible for identifying prospective opportunities within current customers.
One is expected to work 10 hours per day and every weekend. Work is highly stressful. If you are not the type to work hard under pressure, this is not a place for you. I really enjoyed working long hours and work amazingly
  more... well under pressure and would return to this company due to the good salary.  less
Productive, Energetic, Inviting, Competitive & Fresh
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape13 November 2019
A typical day for me at Amazon would be walking in a well air conditioned building buzzing with energy from the people who are there and conversations going on. Use the stairs most likely if I don't feel like using the elevator and go to the cafeteria to get fruit or anything light. Sign in and log in and help customers from the UK via telephone or email with their packages but in between not being busy with calls, emails or chats the floor is clam but energetic to an extent. At first the hardest part of the job was to find creative ways to let customers know bad news or deescalating a situation but it became bearable after time. Most enjoyable part was working with different people and speaking with them which opens your mind up in your life experience.
Relaxed and upbeat
CSA (Customer Service Associate) (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape8 November 2019
A typical day at work was to answer customers related to queries on products sold on the website. The workplace culture was relaxed you can go down to the pool table during your breaks.
5,0
greatest place I've ever worked. its fun yet super competetive
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape5 November 2019
its a challenging job, but they teach u a lot and give u all the opportunity to be the best u can be at the job, there's enormous growth opportunities and the pay is good. working there, you'll never regret it!
Great environment
By far the best company I have ever worked for. Working here makes you look forward to going to work everyday.

It's a nice fast paced and challenging environment.
Cool place to work
CS Associate Retail - (VCS) (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape1 November 2019
Amazon is a great company to work for.However you primarily work shifts as you have to keep up with the US client base Which subsequently mean your home/social life will be non existent
Productive and Fun Work Life
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape31 October 2019
Overall Amazon is a Customer Service Centric Company. Not only do they focus on external customers they also focus on internal customers. They are set to develop associates.
Exciting, motivating
Digital Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape28 October 2019
It was fun working at Amazon.com. The management is extreme motivating and the environment is relaxed and positive. They were very supportive and encouraging. The management always made you feel like you were part of a family and not a business.
Productive and fun place
German Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape26 October 2019
- relaxed atmosphere but fast paced work schedule
- professional colleagues
- emphasis on customer appreciation
- stressful but rewarding problem solving techniques
Work hard,Have Fun,Make history
Amazing company who values their employees and provides opportunity to achieve success.

A company that understand that the internal customer's experience will reflect to the end customer, everyone is treated like a customer by their respective seniors and peers.
Great company
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape23 October 2019
Awesome company to work for. Really good at development and grooming people to their full potential. Amazon is based off customer obsession internally and externally.
Amazon Culture is peculiar
Customer Service Associate (CSA) (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape23 October 2019
Working at Amazon is best suited for individuals without any dependents as the shifts can be straining on relationships with family and friends. The benefits provided are very good and the environment is fun.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.

3,6