Amazon.com

Amazon.com Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 181 reviews matching the search See all 43 614 reviews
Performance Driven
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape15 January 2020
It is a fun and challenging environment. There are many tasks over and above the general job description. The pay is good. The managers a professional.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Growth
2,0
Overworked
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape14 January 2020
Workers are paid to little for the amount of work they do. Salaries need to be increased and there are no bonuses.Workers are overworked and underpaid.
Pros
Free popcorn
Cons
Long hours, night shift, underpaid, no bonuses
Where work is home
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape14 January 2020
Although it's a little difficult to pass the assessment process, but once you pass it then you're already employed. They don't always have interviews.
The working environment is a place of equality, everyone is friendly and collaborative. The growth in this company is amazing and their salary and benefits as well. Amazon is not just another work place, not just another call centre. It's like home, it where you want to work.
5,0
relaxed environment with easy access to any necessary assistance
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape13 January 2020
A typical day at work would include answering Customer Service calls until lunch(different times everyday) , I would then have lunch for no longer than an hour , thereafter I would return to answering calls and have 2 more 15 minute breaks until the end of my shift. Working at Amazon taught me that being yourself is an important aspect in your work environment , whilst maintaining a professional and attentive persona along side being comfortable, it enhanced my people skills and showed me how important proper communication truly is. The management at Amazon was very professional and accommodating in the sense of it being easy to communicate any indifferences or the need of assistance. Amazon's workplace culture was that of a relaxed and friendly type , I always felt comfortable presenting myself without judgement. While working at Amazon , I didn't face many challenges , although , adapting to frequent shift changes could pass as perhaps the hardest part of the job. What i enjoyed most , was the freedom to be and dress like myself and feel comfortable doing so , without being judged. I enjoyed the interactiveness amongst co-workers and a constant mutual willingness to work as a team.
2,0
Numbers, numbers, numbers!
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape10 January 2020
The company itself is really only concerned about the external customer but the employee is just a number. It's a fast-paced environment and like many people, you'll start feeling overworked, underpaid. This is a job for someone with no responsibilities as your common shift is 11 hours a day, mostly likely overnight, with one day off on a weekend if you're lucky.
3,0
Okay place to start off your career.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape7 January 2020
You can gain a lot of experience starting at Amazon. Takes awhile to work yourself up in the company, but it depends on how hard you work.

Network with people, especially those in high positions and approach them with ideas and changes you would like to see.
5,0
Fun, exciting vibes and too much fun!
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape13 December 2019
I tjourougly enjoyed working for this company. It was my home away from home. However being a single parent with a new born baby , the hours worked against ne. But I do recommend the company any day.
Amazon Development Centre
Customer Service Associate (Digital) (Former Employee) –  Cape Town13 December 2019
Amazon Development Centre is a call center that strives customer satisfaction, they put their customers first, always, they are one of the best retailers in the world.
N/a
Don’t think it’s relevant as the rating would speak for itself . Do not have anything further to say as rating would be speaking for itself in the environment
refreshing environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  cpt6 December 2019
it was fast paced but yet well managed. every day was productive.
the staff were friendly and supportive in dealing with situations.
the hardest part of the job was the shift times.
5,0
I would always go back to work for Amazon
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape5 December 2019
Working at Amazon is an experience unforgettable. Its love at first sight, the building, environment, the culture, people, management. You always feel like you are part of something big, worthwhile and that you matter. Its just awesome and wonderful. I can't wait to go back there!!!
Productive and Fun Workplace
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape2 December 2019
Associates have flexible hours of work or shifts and breaks in between. I have learned to go extra mile in helping customer meet their needs, to be more empathetic and improve customer experience. Management support our growth in the company and easy to reach out even on their off days. It was a good workplace in building team morale through team outings, potlucks and other occasions to celebrate. The hardest part of the job was maintaining/reaching the performance metrics and getting the promotions. The most enjoyable part of the job is being recognize for the achievements and resolving customer's issue.
Great place
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape2 December 2019
It's a better call centre than all that I've been to. Amazon is just super I would recommend the company to allot of people , even those who are starting out on call centres.
Growth
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape26 November 2019
Lots of growth potential. Very supportive colleagues and management. Must be able to work under pressure. Must be professional and be able to relate to different people.
Growth
Customer service agent (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape19 November 2019
Amazon was the Best place to work at especially considering the fact that it was the first time I worked at the call center. I learnt quite a lot over a short period of time. There’s a lot Of growth aswell if you work hard/smart enough.
There’s also free transport from/to work for shifts between 6pm and 6am.
4,0
Customer Service Agent (Retail/Digital) (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape17 November 2019
It is a good place to work. I am fortunate to have gained experience working for Amazon as a customer service agent dealing with North American customers. During this period I gained valuable practical experience in fields outside my comfort zone. I also gained valuable insight into how to communicate with my colleagues of various age groups and experience.
Fun Work Environment
Customer Service Agent (Retail) (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape14 November 2019
Nice work environment. highly productive and work orientated in a relaxed manner. Gained a lot of Experience as someone new into the job sector. Would recommend to anyone who has interest in customer care.
Productive, Energetic, Inviting, Competitive & Fresh
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape13 November 2019
A typical day for me at Amazon would be walking in a well air conditioned building buzzing with energy from the people who are there and conversations going on. Use the stairs most likely if I don't feel like using the elevator and go to the cafeteria to get fruit or anything light. Sign in and log in and help customers from the UK via telephone or email with their packages but in between not being busy with calls, emails or chats the floor is clam but energetic to an extent. At first the hardest part of the job was to find creative ways to let customers know bad news or deescalating a situation but it became bearable after time. Most enjoyable part was working with different people and speaking with them which opens your mind up in your life experience.
3,0
Relaxed and upbeat
CSA (Customer Service Associate) (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape8 November 2019
A typical day at work was to answer customers related to queries on products sold on the website. The workplace culture was relaxed you can go down to the pool table during your breaks.
5,0
greatest place I've ever worked. its fun yet super competetive
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape5 November 2019
its a challenging job, but they teach u a lot and give u all the opportunity to be the best u can be at the job, there's enormous growth opportunities and the pay is good. working there, you'll never regret it!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.

3,6