AMPATH TRUST Employee Reviews

Unethical to the bone
Senior Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng6 September 2018
This could be the best lab in the world, but because of their unethical behavior nothing will come of it. I see no plans to change things, it goes against everything I stand for (high quality and correct results)
The pay is the worst in the industry and they have capped overtime rates. (Not according to your salary)
Pros
Cons
You have to lower your standards to fit in
4,0
Its a good company to work for.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Thabazimbi, Limpopo7 August 2018
It is a very busy company in terms of quantity of patients so I learned to work under pressure, management is accessible, very professional orientated in connection with clients, the most enjoyable part of the job is you meet people from different cultures, they maintain good relationships with clients which make the company productive daily, it is fun relating with clients and colleagues. I was productive work efficiently and had fun
Pros
Heart beat bonus
Great Company to work for
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Vryheid, KwaZulu-Natal23 August 2018
Ampath is a Great company to work ,Ampath is huge Organisation which has contributed so much in my career , I really appreciated the opportunity but I am bigger person inside with a lot of potential . I feel like I need more challenges and a change of location ,I need to spread my wings and fly one level up from what I am currently exposed to .I need more challenges and to explore what other organisations can Offer in my career .
Flebotomist (Former Employee) –  Klerksdorp, North West3 November 2018
I enjoyed working very hard and under difficult staff shortages for ampath

I do not agree that there should be any staff shortages

I do believe top management must ensure that all staff are treated equally
5,0
It is a very good company to work for
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Kempton Park, Gauteng11 October 2017
Working for Ampath requieres dedication and hard work. Long hours and time sensitive work. The company takes care of their employees and once you work for them you will never be without a job again. It is a stable company and one of few where you can really feel secure and know that you will be able to go to work the next day.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
working weekends and public holidays
5,0
As an individual you are the person to make an environment you work to be fun.
Lab Coordinator (Current Employee) –  KwaZulu-Natal12 March 2017
I love my job. Following the proper protocols and policies as per my job goes a long way. I tend to find my job very easy although its challenging. The sense of urgency is always required with every patient results I deal with. Liasing with Doctors is one of the most difficult part of the job, but once trust and loyalty is built with the Doctors its a walk in the park. As now the Doctors I deal with know me on a First Name basis.I am a very friendly person,always with a smile no matter how rough or hard my day is. I get along with everyone at my workplace. I have alot of passion with my job function and always pay attention to detail. Thank you.
Pros
Teambuilding and courses staff go to
Cons
Salary
proffessional and enjoyable
phlebhotomist (Former Employee) –  KwaZulu-Natal20 November 2017
Pros
birthday gives
Fun, learning environment
PhlebotomyTechnician (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng21 March 2017
I am currently working for a wonderful company which has many benifits as where I am still a student in my final year and already had the privillage to enjoy all the company benifits from my first year. The management team is very helpful and will go out of their if you need anything. The best part of a day in the job is when I'm working with different people on a daily basis which is what I enjoy the most.
3,0
I was in good company and i was looking forward to grow yet i have seen no channels to grow.
bike driver (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal24 May 2017
It was a great company fast growing and very kindly tooth stuff. The issue was salaries company is huge but not ready to do justice to the stuff . I we I could do business again with them only if they will pay reasonable salary. Company itself is a great environment to be there
Pros
Cons
reasonable hours
Excellent
Enrolled Nurse Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Polokwane, Limpopo1 September 2017
Its a very good company overall and it meets the needs of the employees. It is a very amazing experience to work for Ampath and the working conditions meet the standards and the salary is very fair.
2,0
Please dont work here!
Intern Biomedical technologist (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal3 June 2017
I left ampath not only coz of salary but also coz of bad management and unethcal behav.
Highly stress
Low low pay - only 8000 for intern med tech ridiculous

If you want to work for another lab
Rather go to nhls or lancet..............
Never again
Debtors Controller (Former Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng12 June 2017
Work overload, managers constantly involved in your personal matters, whole management system is family, salary is not enough for the amount of work and hours put in.
2,0
demanding
CREDIT CONTROLLER (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng23 March 2017
There isn't much room for growth in the company. The company were reluctant to train employees for further growth and management doesnt allow employees to further themselves.
Pros
medical benefits
Cons
Well unpaid
great company
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Durban28 May 2017
Great company with great benefits. Stressful working conditions. Need to be motivated and hard working to survive the busy laboratory. Not for the faint hearted.
4,0
This is a very productive work enviroment.
Debtors Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal3 November 2017
I never had a quite day at work. Each day had its own demands and deadlines that had to be met to ensure all aspects of work handled.

You never stop learning, and the knowledge I gained from the company I will carry with me for the rest of my life and apply.

Ampath provide on going training to staff to ensure they competent to do the job and keeping up with latest technology.

Each employee had respect for each others culture.

the most enjoyable part was to see customer satisfaction and meeting deadlines/targets.
Pros
20 min tea break given by company
Cons
Its what you make of it and how you deliver on a day to day basis
Ampath Trust
Senior HR Officer - Ampath (Former Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng6 July 2016
Stressfully
A lot of HR knowledge
Excellent
Very good
Dismissals
Fun days

Excellent company to work for, best company benefits
Pros
Medical aid, Provident Fund and 13th cheque
Worst salary ever
Data input clerk (Former Employee) –  East London, Eastern Cape4 March 2016
Not a great company to work for, awkward shifts and not enough salary.

Some people are given more attention than others. Slowly turning into a family company
3,0
Good place to grow
Courier driver (Former Employee) –  Durban North, KwaZulu-Natal11 February 2017
Used to working at Umhlanga.
I used to ride a bike not less than 250km/day and only get off on sunday if it not my week for overtime.
Stressful place where management enforcing everything with out understanding a situation and risk of an employee.
But main lab westridge is much better.
And what I like about Ampath is a big company you can grow,You can even become a doctor if you are the hard worker and willing to study especial if you have maths and Physics.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Very long hours
1,0
Terrible place to work for
Leanner scientis esoteric department (Former Employee) –  NRL esoteric department5 June 2015
Treatment of staff is shockingly unethical. Instruments and other equipment are not in a good condition.

There are some favourite staff of management that get away with murder while the rest are expected to produce results within an impossibly short time and work their fingers to the bone.

The culture is a back stabbing shoe licking type. You lick the right people shoes or you will get nowhere. And the staff seem to be out to make others look bad. The office pollitics is just the worse I have ever come across.

I highly recommend giving this one a skip

The staff turn over in this department alone should give anyone cause for worry. 3 people resigned at once now. Before that in the last year another 2 had left, the year before that another 3. In a department of 9 people that is schocking.
Pros
everyone gets 1/2 day off extra
Cons
small salaries. excuse for a tea room. Nothing provided, bring your own cup, coffee, spoon etc.9 hours per day. work on weekends. no internet, email only internally
Serving Milpark hospital
BIOMEDICAL TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP11 October 2013
Turn around time is very crucial, because we are serving a trauma
hospital, we work hard and deligent to provide good quality results to our customers. I have good collegues who are very reliable and we work as a team to make sure production continues and service excellence is achieved.

The satisfaction that I get is that I am saving lifes by helping Medical doctors with the diagnosis of patients in order to decide on the right treatment for the patients.
Pros
They provident an efficient training.
Cons
We work long hours and weekends.