AMPATH TRUST Employee Reviews

proffessional and enjoyable
phlebhotomist (Former Employee) –  KwaZulu-Natal20 November 2017
It is a very busy company in terms of quantity of patients so I learned to work under pressure, management is accessible, very professional orientated in connection with clients, the most enjoyable part of the job is you meet people from different cultures, they maintain good relationships with clients which make the company productive daily, it is fun relating with clients and colleagues. I was productive work efficiently and had fun
Pros
birthday gives
Cons
This is a very productive work enviroment.
Debtors Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal3 November 2017
I never had a quite day at work. Each day had its own demands and deadlines that had to be met to ensure all aspects of work handled.

You never stop learning, and the knowledge I gained from the company I will carry with me for the rest of my life and apply.

Ampath provide on going training to staff to ensure they competent to do the job and keeping up with latest technology.

Each employee had respect for each others culture.

the most enjoyable part was to see customer satisfaction and meeting deadlines/targets.
Pros
20 min tea break given by company
Cons
Its what you make of it and how you deliver on a day to day basis
It is a very good company to work for
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Kempton Park, Gauteng11 October 2017
Working for Ampath requieres dedication and hard work. Long hours and time sensitive work. The company takes care of their employees and once you work for them you will never be without a job again. It is a stable company and one of few where you can really feel secure and know that you will be able to go to work the next day.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
working weekends and public holidays
Excellent
Enrolled Nurse Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Polokwane, Limpopo1 September 2017
Its a very good company overall and it meets the needs of the employees. It is a very amazing experience to work for Ampath and the working conditions meet the standards and the salary is very fair.
Never again
Debtors Controller (Former Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng12 June 2017
Work overload, managers constantly involved in your personal matters, whole management system is family, salary is not enough for the amount of work and hours put in.
Good environment
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng9 June 2017
.Attending to customers being Doctors,walk-in-patients,and hospitals
.Customer service is of importance to keep your customers
.Shift work
.Knowing that you played a part in helping a sick person
Please dont work here!
Intern Biomedical technologist (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal3 June 2017
I left ampath not only coz of salary but also coz of bad management and unethcal behav.
Highly stress
Low low pay - only 8000 for intern med tech ridiculous

If you want to work for another lab
Rather go to nhls or lancet..............
great company
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Durban28 May 2017
Great company with great benefits. Stressful working conditions. Need to be motivated and hard working to survive the busy laboratory. Not for the faint hearted.
I was in good company and i was looking forward to grow yet i have seen no channels to grow.
bike driver (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal24 May 2017
It was a great company fast growing and very kindly tooth stuff. The issue was salaries company is huge but not ready to do justice to the stuff . I we I could do business again with them only if they will pay reasonable salary. Company itself is a great environment to be there
Pros
Cons
reasonable hours
Productive.
Debtors Officer (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal23 May 2017
A good company that offers good opportunities and experience. Fast paced and very pressurized. Ampath thrives for the best internal and external customer service
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Workload
demanding
CREDIT CONTROLLER (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng23 March 2017
There isn't much room for growth in the company. The company were reluctant to train employees for further growth and management doesnt allow employees to further themselves.
Pros
medical benefits
Cons
Well unpaid
Fun, learning environment
PhlebotomyTechnician (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng21 March 2017
I am currently working for a wonderful company which has many benifits as where I am still a student in my final year and already had the privillage to enjoy all the company benifits from my first year. The management team is very helpful and will go out of their if you need anything. The best part of a day in the job is when I'm working with different people on a daily basis which is what I enjoy the most.
Training orientated work enviroment
Medical technologist (MT) (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal21 March 2017
A general day includes Quality control of instruments, and manual procedures, Running all urgent laboratory tests, analyzing these samples and result to ensure that they are the patients true results. Communication with Doctors and hospital staff and the laboratories phlebotomists and clerical staff. This is a fast paced environment with multiple activities occurring the same time. As a medical technologist in my laboratory you work alone for a great deal of the day in which you are responsible for running the laboratory and attend to any issues that my arise at the laboratory.
As an individual you are the person to make an environment you work to be fun.
Lab Coordinator (Current Employee) –  KwaZulu-Natal12 March 2017
I love my job. Following the proper protocols and policies as per my job goes a long way. I tend to find my job very easy although its challenging. The sense of urgency is always required with every patient results I deal with. Liasing with Doctors is one of the most difficult part of the job, but once trust and loyalty is built with the Doctors its a walk in the park. As now the Doctors I deal with know me on a First Name basis.I am a very friendly person,always with a smile no matter how rough or hard my day is. I get along with everyone at my workplace. I have alot of passion with my job function and always pay attention to detail. Thank you.
Pros
Teambuilding and courses staff go to
Cons
Salary
More educational work place
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  King William’s Town, Eastern Cape2 March 2017
Had fun working for Ampath , expose to interpreting different tests results doing counseling learning to meet dead lines company looks well after its employees
Pros
Year end bonuses and free uniform
Cons
I had fixed 8to4 shifts
Good place to grow
Courier driver (Former Employee) –  Durban North, KwaZulu-Natal11 February 2017
Used to working at Umhlanga.
I used to ride a bike not less than 250km/day and only get off on sunday if it not my week for overtime.
Stressful place where management enforcing everything with out understanding a situation and risk of an employee.
But main lab westridge is much better.
And what I like about Ampath is a big company you can grow,You can even become a doctor if you are the hard worker and willing to study especial if you have maths and Physics.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
Very long hours
Fun
Registered nurse (Former Employee) –  Johnnesberg23 January 2017
Everyone is friendly and I had no problem. The manager is not rude nor rough. Ampath is a clean-safe environment.Everything is in order.
I loved working there.
Pros
Long lunch for 30 minutes
Cons
Everyday at work
Brilliant
HR Officer (Former Employee) –  Pretoria15 January 2017
If you want to learn this is the place to be great place to get your feet wet in the HR arena. If it was not for the few promotion possibilities I would still be there
Pros
Good managment
Cons
No promotions
Interesting and educational
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Trichardt, Mpumalanga2 December 2016
I was very happy and enjoyed my work and my co workers but I worked night shift and there was no dayshift position available at the time.
Pros
A wonderful career
Cons
Night shift
Family environment
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng9 November 2016
A company that strives for the best result in the quickest time. encourages team work and a spirit of togetherness.
a typical day usually starts extremely busy but with proper planning and team work you are able to laugh through a tough day without feeling pressured whilst getting the job done
Pros
learning environment