Anglo American Employee Reviews

Great Company to work
Senior administrator (Current Employee) –  Polokwane, Limpopo1 June 2018
A very busy day at work
Focused and determined
Great company but there's no job security due to economic and commodity fluctuation
Ubuntu culture prevail
Doing month end reports
Safety campaigns and activities
Pros
Working as a team
Cons
Long hours at work
Collaborative Environment
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg23 May 2018
Professional environment characterized by collaboration and fact based decision making. There is a culture of continuous business improvement and lessons learned inform future decisions
Pros
Wealth of knowledge
Cons
Bussiness is susceptible to external environment
safety
electrician (Current Employee) –  Rustenburg, North West20 May 2018
very safe environment to work in
productive team members
supportive management team
fair training and development opportunities
living righteous values
Pros
raining and devopment
Cons
sometimes slow progress..too much adminisrative work
It was fun to work at bokoni
Tna operator (Former Employee) –  Limpopo19 May 2018
I have worked for this company for 8 years i wish they could open bokoni platinum mine again it was like home 2 us we really muss that place ;Anglo is a good company i dont want to lie 2 you
Cons
productive and fun work place
Electrician Artisan (Former Employee) –  Mpumalanga9 May 2018
Anglo American is a fun working place, enjoyed working there since 2005-2007 as an apprentice got qualified as an Electrician in 2007 until 2017, and never experienced any challenges.
Pros
long service and safety packages
Cons
normal working hours
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Limpopo, polokwane8 May 2018
At times management empowered. Good and supportive workers/colleagues. Team spirit. Good remuneration and packages. Achievements recognised.
Pros
Free lunch
Productive company
Underground Electrician (Former Employee) –  Limpopo25 April 2018
Is a good company but dont care about the employees,
It's only check for production,they talk safety but they don't practice it at workplaces and put pressure on employees
Cons
Good environment to work in and productive company
Winding Engine Driver (Former Employee) –  North West12 April 2018
Like working for Anglo American, their values and morals is a plus. They value and care about their employees, the salary is good n the bonuses is also a plus.
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Strict
Fancy company
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng5 April 2018
A good company to work for, it has good rewards and benefits.

It has a gym in the vicinity and that promotes healthy living. Used to have many social events which was an opportunity for employees to know each other.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Travel
Anglo American is a family friendly company to work with
snr site supervisor (Former Employee) –  Limpopo and North West province3 April 2018
Exelant company to work with. Been a pleasure to be part of the project team. Best colleagues you can work with.This is a stable com with a big impact in Africa not just Sa.
Cons
Be honest. Be yourself. Be friendly.
Productive workplace
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Welkom, Free State25 March 2018
As I was in charge of the generator room at the Uranium Plant, and therefore never went underground in the mine, I enjoyed my job at President Brand mine.
Pros
Housing
Productive,production is very high
Acting electrician (Current Employee) –  Limpopo thabazimbi21 March 2018
It's good to be part of Anglo American platinum because there are many benefits for our children, bursaries transport to school etc. I love safety there but I dislike travelling long hours to work
Pros
Free transport
Cons
Good hours
working under pressure
Metallurgist (Former Employee) –  Rustenburg, North West20 March 2018
not much room for development. cannot plan on vacations since job is very volatile. no room for innovation. however the people on the ground have vast knowledge that one can learn from
Pros
interesting chemical processes
Great company
Senior Analyst Programmer (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng2 March 2018
For the most part I really enjoyed my time at Anglos.
Management was good as you would expect, the work was always challenging and I worked with intelligent people.
The salary was adequate, if not generous.
I enjoyed the interaction with my colleagues during and after work and the challenges of new projects.
There really was not a hardest part, I left for a new challenge, not because I was tired of the company.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
None really
A day to day run of a training center
HRD Manager (Former Employee) –  Limpopo27 February 2018
It must be normal with challenges prioritized and resolved. Learned to ensure continuous improvement while adopting a culture of no repeats. Open relationship with management business deliverables.
Promotes a diverse culture. Is hard when deliverables & deadlines are not met. Is enjoyable when targets are safely met.
Pros
A great thank you and appreciation for a job well done
Cons
Lack of support from management / supervisor
Hard but exciting with safety achievements recognised and celebrated
Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  eMalahleni South Africa14 February 2018
The coal mines were bulk producing mines for export and power station smalls.

The management teams I worked for fully supported Anglo's need for a safe working mine. The middle management and workers did not trust the system and were difficult to sway from their old mining methodology.

I was expected to implement Anglo Health, Safety and Environmental systems to the workers and ensure compliance to that end. A typical day would require that I comply to the duties of the health and safety officer.
Pros
Employees/contractor owning the safety systems in place and going home each day unhurt
Cons
Being the middle manager closing the mistrust between management and employee
a home away from home workplace
Communications Officer Operations (Former Employee) –  Rustenburg, North West8 February 2018
A typical home away from home workplace. A place where you missed being at when you away on leave. the values and culture resonated with ones values, one could not detach work from personal. The environment was happy and conducive for development.
Pros
free lunch, free cellphones, free accommodation, career advancement
Cons
Challenging and exciting place to be
Chemistry and metallurgy trainee (Former Employee) –  North West7 February 2018
After every three months there used to be a shut down in the plant to overview everything, service machinery. As a trainee i was required to partake in that, help clean the plant in and out as there would be inspectors so had to do our level best to ensure everything ran smoothly. At times we would go inside machines and clean them, I'd fear that as i thought they would just run even with them off. I had to climb up the stairs go to the top level to observe if things are in order and i am afraid of heights so had to just so i could get the job done. But with that after a while i got used to the heights. The management was doing well, treated us with respect and ensured that we learn almost everything. They would even ask us to shadow them if they were not too busy. The hardest part of the job was projects we would be given, with some people refusing to assist us when we asked questions. The one thing i enjoyed about working there was the people we worked with, most of them were good people. I never felt like a trainee as at times i was required to give instruction to elderly people they would do the job without hesitation.
Pros
Incentive for free injury days
Cons
Best company in the world
Buyer / Senior Buyer (Former Employee) –  SOUTH AFRICA4 February 2018
Purchasing for mines all over south africa
That racism is cruel and should not exist
Great management. Solid staff accuracy and importance of transactions
Good canteen and flexitime
Pros
Free luches and bonusses
Cons
Far from home - traveled by train every day
Very good company to work for
Iron Ore channel coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saldanha, Western Cape28 January 2018
Anglo-American is a good company to work for. They are concerned about employees and it was a pleasure to work for them.

They strive for excellence and there is a great team spirit. Everyone is committed to doing their best for the organization.

Putting in extra hours was not a hassle as I would do it wholeheartedly to get the job done.