Anglo American Employee Reviews

Found 530 reviews matching the search See all 1 060 reviews
3,0
A Typical Day at work
SAP ABAP Developer Consultant (Current Employee) –  45 main street Johannesburg19 January 2020
When i get to the office the first thing i do is to make a great cup of coffee, and open my email. I the categorize my deliverable and work on them based on high priority.
Productive and competitive
Community Engagement and Development Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Gauteng, Gauteng9 January 2020
Not every day is the same
I have worked as an Executive Assistant and Secretary to either a department, single individual or multiple individuals in separate departments. These positions required extensive focus, diplomacy and flexibility.
I had the opportunity to learn policies, procedures and the protocol necessary to enforce them ethically and without liability.
Management need someone whom they can trust and to relay on
No hard part if you plan well and deliver in time
Most enjoyable part to work with different internal and external customers
4,0
Need to improve contractor's relationships
Permitting Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Thabazimbi, Limpopo8 January 2020
I enjoyed their benefits but did not like their view of contractors and how they isolated me, They need to work on applying their values in dealings with contractors.
Growth and opportunities
Executive Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coalfields, Mpumalanga7 January 2020
At Anglo you have opportunities of studying further and grow your career. Also they are very supportive in terms of your work and personal issues. The people are very friendly
Pros
Yes free lunches
4,0
opportunities, and growth were provided to everyone.
code 10 driver (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng7 January 2020
having to work at Anglo American, has given me vast knowledge, about personal selling and business management, most important developing customer relationships.

the company culture, was not strict as much, because of the excellent management task. at the company, I had no quarrel with co-workers nor management.

the downfall, which hit me hard it was when my contract ended.
1,0
working at workshop and plant
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Electrician30 December 2019
to be an effective electrician who will provide solution to different electrical challenges at the work place. to also contribute with the knowledge and skills i have obtained from my traning.
5,0
Well orgenised and safe workplace
Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Navigation21 December 2019
Always be safty minded and never work outside of your scope. Always work with a JRA and never deviate from it. Anglo have a no tolarence policy on accidents and safe work is always the first mandate. Always listen carefully at their questions and make sure you understand before you answer.
Pros
Good working envoiroment
Cons
Dust
5,0
Since started working at anglo my life change to the better.
patrol person level 1 (Current Employee) –  Rustenburg, North West11 December 2019
At anglo we work as a team, everything we do,we put our safety first, I get involved in each and everything that needs to be done, I choose to follow rules, company's values and standards,my family live better since I started working here.
Productive and learning place
Engineering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Amandelbult, Limpopo1 December 2019
Anglo american Platinum is a cool good company with a long lasting life span. At anglo you learn lot of job experience and they promote most of the qualified employees.
Challenging, entresting
Audio Visual Engineer (Former Employee) –  City of Johannesburg, Gauteng29 November 2019
Good working environment, freee breakfast and lunch, good working hours, staff and management are great people, cell phone benefits and 4g dongles. Great company.
4,0
Senior Hrd Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Mogalakwena, Limpopo27 November 2019
Day to day work is balanced and I have learnt a lot with training and development. Working with people have made me respect every individual irrespective of your position. The culture here is teamwork.
The Company is the leading in Platinum
Senior Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Mogalakwena, Limpopo23 November 2019
You grow and learn a lot from working at Anglo-American. Employee are treated as asset and trained to equip them with the necessary skills and knowledge. The relationship between the management and the workers is a very good one as everyone is treated with dignity and respect. The values are also good especially because honest is the culture of the company to achieve safe production
2,0
Salary and overall
Underground and shaft boilermaker (Current Employee) –  Amandelbult, Limpopo22 November 2019
Salary can be improved for artisans but overall good. Management is very involved in the day to day production. Mine currently expanding their operations
Great opportunity
control room operator (Former Employee) –  Rustenburg, North West21 November 2019
Working at Anglo American is vary satisfying in all work related. It gives you the opportunity to grow within the company. They take care of their people
4,0
Good place to work if the economy stays strong
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, South Africa13 November 2019
As a senior Project manager at Anglo American i used to manage day-to-day operational aspects of projects and project scope by effectively applying methodologies that enforce project standards and by minimizing exposure and risks on projects. Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements, including the identification of needed resources and assignment to appropriate personnel.
Anglo American presents a good company to work for, but presents a highly corporate environment with many challenges. Typical to the Senior Project Manager the job aligns with hours booked and if the company struggle to win projects, you as an individual may lose your position. During a strong economy, the company presents many opportunities related to skills development, opportunities to grow and become involved in diverse client engagements. The job culture requires a lot of input. The company presents an accepted salary but they comprise of no enough bonus system. During good times they give you additional compensation that presents about 6% of your monthly salary. The management varies and typical to project Management it presents a competitive environment. Therefore management tends to look after themselves first and always attempt to find a way to stay billable. Sometimes to the disadvantage of staff members. The hardest of the job involves the billability aspect and if you not an Manager it may become difficult to stay afloat because of minimal management support. Overall it stays a good company to work for during strong economic times.
2,0
the most enjoyable job
security officer (Former Employee) –  Rustenburg, North West13 November 2019
the management was fair and learned about the safety of the workers and the building.searched the exiting cars to check if anything was stolen goods.
4,0
Give more years of working experience.
learnership rigger ropesman (Former Employee) –  Limpopo13 November 2019
I have gained experience in the field of mechanical engineering and have felt positive in working as a team and sharing of good ideas to each other.I am willing to open up to new ideas or beginnings in the same field or a different field.
4,0
Very productive, proactive and fast pase work environment
Electrical Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Potgietersrus, Limpopo11 November 2019
Enjoyed working on Anglo American. They look after their people and treat each and everyone with respect. although I worked not directly for Anglo it self, rather as a contractor Named TZ- VR Steel, I would still recommend working on Anglo Mine
4,0
Productive and continious learning.
Student Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rustenburg, North West8 November 2019
Working at Anglo american in my Holiday work, enabled me to learn a lot about different refinery systems, but mostly the good team dynamics that the company possess.
1,0
The problem with this company oppression is still there ,they always don't listen to your voice untill someone gets hurt. They use personal feeling
HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Amandelbult, Limpopo7 November 2019
They don't follow procedure in some cases on dealing with discip inary cases, they don't investigate the matter before they take drastic action over a person. I know someone was dismissed without any proof and he was not granted an appeal just like..it sucks