Anglo American Employee Reviews

Great Experience and career Advance
Millwright (Former Employee) –  Sishen, Northern Cape5 August 2019
I loved working for Anglo American , it took my career to another level. i learnt a lot in skills and delopment. What most I liked is that safety was priority in the workplace and they took care of us as workers. I had a great opportunity to be part of the team that was building and commisioning the plant that i was going to maintain , that made my work very easy.
Loved my work at Anglo American. It was nice to work at the WLDC
Warehouse Controller (Former Employee) –  Rustenburg, North West4 August 2019
I loved it at Anglo WLDC. I loved my worked i did. Every day was a challenge and i loved it. I met new peple and work hand on hand with Vendors. Learn new thungs everyday. I will do this job over and over again. I miss my job
Excelente ambiente de trabajo
Principal Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  City of Johannesburg, Gauteng16 July 2019
Excelente empresa, posibilidades de desarrollo, cultura de colaboración.
Pros
Posibilidades de desarrollo
Cons
Mejorar algunos beneficios
Engineeing
Instrument Mechanician (Former Employee) –  Northam, Limpopo12 July 2019
Anglo American is good company and i got a first job from it starting as an apprentice until the company changes to siyanda bakgatla platinum mine in 2018.
Pros
bonus
Cons
Eight hours
Pro active
Boilermaker/Welder (Former Employee) –  Kriel, Mpumalanga3 July 2019
This company is great and do provide people with interest to learn and Safety is indeed a core value and it's a life stile that you as an employee turn to adopt
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Breakdowns
Five star
Senior patroplperson specialized (Current Employee) –  Rustenburg mines9 June 2019
Very interesting and advance website so it helps alot to look for the job related to your title and news flush and safety dasboard awailable at all times .To raise our voice
Proud to work for Anglo American
HSE Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Secunda, Mpumalanga28 May 2019
The company culture is positive and value enabling. There is a feeling of family not only a workplace.
Social functions includes all employees
Management is caring and engaging

Stable and loved company
4,0
good company to work for
Occupational Hygienist - SAIOH Registered (Current Employee) –  Kathu, Northern Cape25 April 2019
working at projects its hard work and need flexibility as anything can happen anytime and need to focus, working with contractors that most of the workers are on low education level, so you need to stay awake and focused as we need to achieve our project timelines safely in a healthy and hygienic environment.

strong qualities and personality of working with both project management and contractors
Productive and enjoyable
MINE ASSISTANCE/PTV (Former Employee) –  Rustenburg, North West11 April 2019
Productive and enjoyable work place but I really want to work again for this company cause I learned a lot from them and I realised that they put safety first and
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Bonuses
5,0
Very fast paced professional environment
Britehouse Consultant/ Cost and Projects (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng8 April 2019
Would start around 8 with the Information Management team. I learnt a lot about how contractors hired from different companies came together to work as one team. Leant a lot about changing technologies and the financial, project and management functions.
Hardest part was that it was central johannesburg and lots of traffic.
Being rewarded lucratively was a factor that motivated me to do my job but I was only a contractor and was let go due to restructuring, also I was looking to get back into a proper SAP Consultant Job not only work on projects with management.
Pros
Huge selection of free lunches daily
4,0
Challenging assignments leading to job satisfaction
Financial Reporting Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng19 March 2019
My role consist of the review of financial reporting activities for mining entities. I am a supervisor with 6 direct reports. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I am ably to apply my experience and technical skills to deliver high quality output.
Pros
Company with a good reputation
Mogalakwena
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Potgietersrus, Limpopo20 February 2019
I enjoyed my time with the organisation. Mining is a challenging environment in which I learned a great deal. Will forever be thankful for being part of a young, dynamic, goal orientated team.
I appreciated the overall company culture.
production
underground maintenance (Former Employee) –  Northam, Limpopo16 February 2019
good environment to work under and there are lots of opportunities to explore but unfortunately I was still young and i didn't take things seriously and that was my downfall but all learn from our mistakes.
Pros
happy
Cons
good condition
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Gauteng Johannesburg29 January 2019
Rotating shifts every week was a bit tiring,your body cannot adapt to 3 shifts
I learned allot from Fork lift driver + loading sample weighing samples .Crushing samples.Splitting and Micro Splitting and also Milling and Printing labels
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
7.5 Hours
1,0
Great with communication
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Polokwane, Limpopo22 January 2019
I am a good listener and a good communicator. I love experiencing new things every day. I am a fast learner , I know how to work hard if needed. I have no experience being a receptionist. But I would like to learn much and be productive.
Pros
Free lunches
productive
accounts payable administrator (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng10 January 2019
normal day and i have learned alot.
the work place culture is excellent which makes it a good work place then the hardest part of the job having to work and not take leave on certain occassions
Pros
free lunch
Cons
normal hours
Very large corporation
HRD Officer (Former Employee) –  Rustenburg, ZA9 January 2019
The employees are incentivised to study further

Promotions become more difficult as one progresses, because of uncertainty in the mining sector and less opportunity presenting itself
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
Uncertainty in sector
2,0
Anglo America is best company to work for beacause of the benefit
artisan assistant (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng3 January 2019
The money is good the benefits are good the working conditions is good the treatment is also good you have a medical aid treatment you have house plan
Pros
Free rewards
Cons
Normal hours
5,0
Professional development and more productive
security officer and Artisan Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rustenburg, North West2 January 2019
It was great i wish I could go back. everytime we reached the target we receive bonus which you can balance your life with...anglo American is the best Company i ever worked for. During weekend we were able to work overtime in Engeneering department as well as Protection Service department (Security). Anglo American taught me many things about health and safety in the work place...i have mining industry expierence because of Anglo American Platinum.
Pros
Cons
8 hours
Productive and self growth
Electrical Foreman (Former Employee) –  North West8 December 2018
I would get there prepare for the guys hold a safety meeting with the team and plan for the shift. Then I would go present the days plan to the engineer and receive any special instructions, there after I have coffee change prepare to go underground to do over inspections and assist where need be. There is a lot I learnt which was beyond my trade in order to help mining we would really support them so we reached the end goal of production. We had management courses that we would attend every now and then, these would help us in the work environment even in dealing with a few managers who were difficult to deal with. The culture was nothing new or difficult, example act with integrity which were things that were supposed to be a norm. The hardest part of the job was the long working hours that we had integrated into of 12 hours 6 days morning shift and 12 hours 6 days night shift and 8 days off. I enjoyed solving problems whatever issues we had was a challenge I wanted to solve at the end, I did it with my team and we did it with pride.
Pros
Development