Anglo American Employee Reviews in Rustenburg, North West

Loved my work at Anglo American. It was nice to work at the WLDC
Warehouse Controller (Former Employee) –  Rustenburg, North West4 August 2019
I loved it at Anglo WLDC. I loved my worked i did. Every day was a challenge and i loved it. I met new peple and work hand on hand with Vendors. Learn new thungs everyday. I will do this job over and over again. I miss my job
Productive and enjoyable
MINE ASSISTANCE/PTV (Former Employee) –  Rustenburg, North West11 April 2019
Productive and enjoyable work place but I really want to work again for this company cause I learned a lot from them and I realised that they put safety first and
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Bonuses
Very large corporation
HRD Officer (Former Employee) –  Rustenburg, ZA9 January 2019
The employees are incentivised to study further

Promotions become more difficult as one progresses, because of uncertainty in the mining sector and less opportunity presenting itself
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
Uncertainty in sector
5,0
Professional development and more productive
security officer and Artisan Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rustenburg, North West2 January 2019
It was great i wish I could go back. everytime we reached the target we receive bonus which you can balance your life with...anglo American is the best Company i ever worked for. During weekend we were able to work overtime in Engeneering department as well as Protection Service department (Security). Anglo American taught me many things about health and safety in the work place...i have mining industry expierence because of Anglo American Platinum.
Pros
Cons
8 hours
5,0
Productive environment that advances it's employees
Processor Grade 3 B2 (Former Employee) –  Rustenburg, North West8 October 2018
The company upholds the constitution and is against any form of discrimination. The hardest part of my job was when we does the lock out and cleaning inside the mill.
The company taught me discipline, to be panctual and team spirit.
Pros
Safety bonuses
Cons
Night shift
safety
electrician (Current Employee) –  Rustenburg, North West20 May 2018
very safe environment to work in
productive team members
supportive management team
fair training and development opportunities
living righteous values
Pros
raining and devopment
Cons
sometimes slow progress..too much adminisrative work
2,0
working under pressure
Metallurgist (Former Employee) –  Rustenburg, North West20 March 2018
not much room for development. cannot plan on vacations since job is very volatile. no room for innovation. however the people on the ground have vast knowledge that one can learn from
Pros
interesting chemical processes
5,0
a home away from home workplace
Communications Officer Operations (Former Employee) –  Rustenburg, North West8 February 2018
A typical home away from home workplace. A place where you missed being at when you away on leave. the values and culture resonated with ones values, one could not detach work from personal. The environment was happy and conducive for development.
Pros
free lunch, free cellphones, free accommodation, career advancement
5,0
A company that is passionate about people development
SHEQ Manager (Former Employee) –  Rustenburg, North West10 November 2017
A highly qualified Management teams with a lot of foresight/vision. All the working areas are such a pleasure to work at. Can be very stressful at times especially during the silly season when the DMR inspectors frequently visit the Mines.
Pros
Proper career advancement institution
Cons
Long and hard working hours
productive
Processor (Current Employee) –  Rustenburg, North West11 August 2017
i enjoy working in the industry as i like being hands on, the problem is adjusting to the 3 shifts, being exposed to chemicals and fumes and don't like scheduled meals and time. i enjoy team work.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
shifts
Good Development Structures
Miner (Former Employee) –  Rustenburg, North West20 July 2017
Great company to work for.I have acquired skills,experience and development while working at Anglo American.Helped me to achieve my career goals.A great company to work for
It is good and perfect to work with Anglo American
Bar Liquor Outlet- cashier,issuing,receiving etc. (Former Employee) –  Rustenburg, North West3 July 2017
Anglo they do not accept riots and misusing of their facilities they believing in negotiating with their staff up to the level of agreement. They did help lot of people even those who were not working with us.
Pros
It depends where you are then you can enjoy your lunch
Cons
long its benefits, when there is a situation
Miner(stopper) (Former Employee) –  Rustenburg, North West18 May 2017
Started working at Anglo American Platinum at a very young age,10yrs later I felt I had out grown the company.
I had the best time of my life and the experience I obtained while there I carry with me everywhere I go.
Friendly professional environment
Geology trainee (Former Employee) –  Rustenburg, North West4 April 2017
I would shadow a professional geologist at their work.
I learned a lot from interacting with the geologists i encountered; learned the underground mapping, core logging and sampling. It gave me a great pleasure to work hand in hand with professionals in a very friendle environment. Doing this while studying was a challenge but worth it as it was in line with my studies.
Enjoyed working for Anglo American
Production Foreman (Former Employee) –  Rustenburg, North West25 March 2017
Anglo American has a lot to offer any employee from medical to in-house training. the overall culture were very positive but with a lot of operations being sold this changed a lot. Anglo American cares more about their senior management team than the ground level employees. but overall, it was a nice ride.
Pros
Good Salaries, In-house Training, Bonuses
Cons
Job Security
Anglo American
medical doctor and supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rustenburg, North West23 March 2017
The best company I have ever worked for,I have earned a lot of skills by working for them,from managing,supervising and administrating.it was a good experience indeed.
Pros
Best company
Cons
To become a better person
supply chain
supply chain specialist (Current Employee) –  Rustenburg, North West21 February 2017
managing supply chain from procurement to pay. Demand management, supplier management, inventory, transport, warehousing, BEE, supplier development, contract management
4,0
Nice to work. safe and fun workplace
Supply Chain Officer (Former Employee) –  Rustenburg, North West15 February 2017
I loved it. The employees was fun to work with and i enjoind my work very much. I did the outbound of the store. Sending all the materisl that the shafts orderd
4,0
its was workable and the hours were good/workshops available and develpment to employees
drill rig operator (Former Employee) –  Rustenburg, North West2 February 2017
Its was all about team work,from the management/supervisor and the workers working together to have a profitable outcomes
Pros
when we reached free safety shifts we were given t-shirts or bag.it differs from month to month
Cons
there were some long hours caused by breakdowns, so we had to wait until they finish fixing then resume to work again.
productive
operator (Current Employee) –  Rustenburg, North West20 January 2017
The company need a general meeting to meet with employees to hear their point of view on how to lift this business to a greater high.
as you know very well that without the employees the company is incomplete.
Pros
no free launches