Anglo American Employee Reviews in Swartklip, Limpopo

Values count.
Safety & Sustainable Development Administrator (Former Employee) –  Swartklip, Limpopo3 January 2018
Treating their employees with respect, looking after their co-workers and working together as a team. People care about one another and it is nice to work for such a company.
Pros
Lunch, 13th cheque, proper vacation
productive, job creating company
Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Swartklip, Limpopo20 September 2017
You will never go home for no proper reason, management and hod cares for everyone. The culture is respected and they develop their employers. Good company after all
Pros
safety and motivational packs, monthly and kpi bonuses
Cons
absentism
Instrumentation Mechanician (Current Employee) –  Swartklip, Limpopo29 May 2017
1. breakdowns, maintenance and instillations
2. All i know i have learned through Anglo.
3. Good management.
4. Lots of cultures.
5. Hardest part is not always having support from contracters.
6. I enjoy going on courses and improving myself.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Nothing closeby
Control room Operator (Current Employee) –  Swartklip, Limpopo30 March 2017
Enjoyed my first day until now, I have learnt that when you focus they give you opportunity to learn something new. management give us equal love and treatment.
Pros
company's benefit
Cons
Long hour
Good company
Instrument Technician (Former Employee) –  Swartklip, Limpopo27 February 2017
Very good company to work for. Did my training there and worked as an artisan for 5 years and as an instrument tech for 8 years
Pros
Good medical aid
productive and challenging
INSTRUMENTATION MECHANICIAN UG (Current Employee) –  Swartklip, Limpopo15 February 2017
everyday is different.
inspections and maintenance and breakdowns.
new instillations and fault finding.
learnrd alot at Anglo and they have been good to me and my family.
management has been good to me.
hardest part is not getting spares to fix a breakdown.
i enjoy the people here.
Pros
13th check
Cons
long hours. standby
Production Orientated
Mine Overseer (Former Employee) –  Union Mine Swartklip Limpopo10 January 2017
Mining is a life, the challenges vary daily and by building a crew that is productive and positive made it a pleasure. The challenges of change in management on a regular basis made it more of a challenge as each person has his own style.
Pros
Secure environment with daily challanges
Cons
Having to ensure that you can achieve under heavy work load
3,0
Mine Overseer (Current Employee) –  Union Mine Swartklip Limpopo18 December 2016
Start at 5h30 in morning with meeting with supervisors for the days jobs and breakdowns .Attend Meeting with Manager at 7h00 for feedback and at 8h30 Underground.
The hardest part of job is when people do not do the job as planned.
The enjoyable part of job it not every is the same different challenges daily
Pros
good incentive
3,0
My work experience
Senior Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Swartklip, Limpopo2 November 2016
Comfortable work environment
Always productive
Co-Workers keen to give help where needed
Can meet more agreements with salaries etc.
Be fair and honest
4,0
Normal workday as Supervisor at the plant.
SENIOR MECHANICAL FOREMAN (Former Employee) –  Swartklip Limpopo South Africa24 October 2016
Start our day with Prayer with the Engineering team and have Toolbox talk.Artisans go and do walk about in their sections and reprt back to me as their Foreman,Operations Foreman gave me feedback on any maintenance to be done,we plan the jobs for the day with my team,Sit in at production meetings and after the meeting
I do over inspections on the team during the day,the team report back to me in the afternoon to give me feedback on the jobs done and so do I report to my Engineer ang gave him my feedback,you feel proud on your team when they do uotstanding work and you feel proud to praise them and that they work safe at all times.
Workplace
Underground Instrumentation Mechanician (Current Employee) –  Swartklip, Limpopo14 July 2016
Never a dull day!
always expect the unexpected. ex. breakdowns.
Co- workers maked everyday at work fun. we get challenged everyday and find selutions and solve them together.
hardest part of my job is to order spares.
enjoyable part of my job is new projects and the finishing product.
Pros
braais on saturdays
Cons
long hours and not seeing the family so much.
1,0
great place to work in
acting she administrator (Current Employee) –  Swartklip, LP4 February 2016
working in safety department is great, i have gained a lot of experience since i got here and my manager gives me opportunities to study further if there are courses that i have to attend, the hardest part of my job is when i have to log an injury on the system and i cannot find all the information, the most enjoyable part is when am been applaud for doing a great job.
Pros
dont have free lunches
Cons
just normal hours
mine busy to be sold
mine overseer (Current Employee) –  Swartklip, LP27 July 2015
My problem is that the mine is going to be sold, and I do not see a future on this mine any more. I worked very well for this company. They tought me alot and I was promoted by the company and the managment team on Union mine.
Pros
housing, underground allowences
Cons
Stabilty of the mine
Really challenging
Patrolperson (Current Employee) –  Swartklip27 October 2014
1. Sometimes enjoyable, depending on the people encountered during the day.
2. I learned that this type of a job needs one to have knowledge on legal aspect, company policies and procedures.
3. Management differs from one person to another. It's like some of them are not having self-confidence and support to the juniors while some do some follow ups on reported matters by juniors against some other HOD's of the other departments.
4. Some of the co-workers are not team-building, creative and willing to do the job while others are.
5. The hardest part of the job is when dealing with rude people (employees or visitors), attending hearings or court of law.
6. The most enjoyable part of the job is when dealing with friendly people (employees or visitors) who understand the procedures under which you work.
Pros
Free lunch depends on hours allocated for the day
Cons
Long hours depends on the situation of the day
5,0
It is a company lead by Love
Acting Electrician (Current Employee) –  Swartklip, LP18 September 2014
It is accompany that is more adventures, where one can learn a lot, from the inner being to the skills and education. it feels like one is home, learning everything that's is required in life.
Pros
free education
determined,deciplined,determined,and hardworking
shiftsupervisor (Current Employee) –  Swartklip, LP11 February 2014
I''m a guy who can take your company to another level.Hard working,determined,deciplined,dedicated and easy to motivate kind of a person.I"m prepared to work long hours if need it be.I"m the kind of person who can be able to motivate workers to work safely and productively.I"m able to communicate with management to discus issues affecting workers from day to day as I believe that communication is a best tool to a healthy relationship between management and workers.I enjoy new challenges as they make me the person I am and im able to get myself out of tough situations.Especially when you work with workers who are less motivated,dejected and feel that no one cares about them(company) cause when they have issues no one listens.I like to do my own planning and advise my mineoverseer what I think need to be done for the next 6 months.I always believe that planning start with the people who are doing the job.Lastly when you look at me call me mr polc is what I am PLANNING>ORGANISING<LEADING<CONTROLLING
Pros
no time for lunch but hard work it pays
Cons
Prepared to work long hours
very busy working environment
Diesel mechanic (Current Employee) –  Swartklip. Limpopo30 November 2012
Anglo american swartklip is a very busy mining envirnment. It is located in a quiet. I have gained a lot on the trackless machines and working with a friendly management team. I havent encountered any hardest part on the job. I take such enconters as challenges. The most enjoyable part of the job is solving problems as a team especially challenges at work.
Pros
adequately equiped with tools
Cons
very busy working environment