Anglo American Employee Reviews for Shift Manager

Found 9 reviews matching the search See all 1 039 reviews
Big and challenging
Shift supervisor Hauling (Former Employee) –  Kathu, Northern Cape26 June 2017
Was a lot of fun working there never a dull moment. Safety driven. Very big and a lot of people working there. To impersonal nature you only know the people you directly with.
5,0
health,safety and production
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Limpopo6 April 2017
we achieve our production call, the hardest part is when I didn't achieve my production call, most enjoyable part is when we achieve my tons per month
Pros
free lunch
4,0
Once enrolled you become family.Fun to work for even though the job security a bit compromised.
Former miner and shift supervisor (Former Employee) –  Twickenham Project Limpopo11 March 2017
The prospects were very good with good incentives but it was shortlived due to retrenchments and subsequent closure.I was the first miner to be hired for the then project and was left outside during the re opening. I enjoyed the privileges during training at the then Frank # and accomodation at Bleskop was good by the standards by then.
Pros
Good training set up at ADC Rustenburg.
Cons
Hard to get into the company employ.
5,0
Great company with brilliant history and culture
Appointed production shift supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rustenburg, North West1 September 2016
Anglo American is one of the greatest companies in any industry for anyone to work in. Not taking into account how the company took me from high school through exposure year to varsity at no cost at all and to offer the excellent work environment is amazing.
Pros
Big company, great job security, many commodities, great give back to the community. Good benefits
Cons
Limited opportunities due to company profile, platinum price strain
3,0
good to be woking at this place
shift supervisor (Current Employee) –  Thabazimbi, LP6 December 2015
So many challenges we face on daily basis specially because of the UNIONS tha is influencing employees negatively.

Dispite the challages I managed to bring my teams together and starting to achieve incredible results.

The hard part of this job is the preasure i get from both the managment and the crews. When the management brings changes in standard and Code Of Practice the crews are always resistant to implemment.

The most enjoyeble part of this job is when I get recognition and receiving presents as a best performer
Cons
No time to knock off, this is the most borring
3,0
Stressing environment,Low Productivity,High Absenteeism,High Mining Costs
Shift Supervisor,Health and Safety (Current Employee) –  Amandelbult, LP29 July 2014
Long working hours

Learned Long and short term planning of the mine.
Optimisation Strategies of the shaft in order to improve efficiency and productivity

Management is not well supportive

co-workers are punctual,demonstrate high level of commitment towards their responsibilities

hardest part,when things backfiring and production not coming out

planning session is enjoyable
Pros
Braais
Cons
long working hours
determined,deciplined,determined,and hardworking
shiftsupervisor (Current Employee) –  Swartklip, LP11 February 2014
I''m a guy who can take your company to another level.Hard working,determined,deciplined,dedicated and easy to motivate kind of a person.I"m prepared to work long hours if need it be.I"m the kind of person who can be able to motivate workers to work safely and productively.I"m able to communicate with management to discus issues affecting workers from day to day as I believe that communication is a best tool to a healthy relationship between management and workers.I enjoy new challenges as they make me the person I am and im able to get myself out of tough situations.Especially when you work with workers who are less motivated,dejected and feel that no one cares about them(company) cause when they have issues no one listens.I like to do my own planning and advise my mineoverseer what I think need to be done for the next 6 months.I always believe that planning start with the people who are doing the job.Lastly when you look at me call me mr polc is what I am PLANNING>ORGANISING<LEADING<CONTROLLING
Pros
no time for lunch but hard work it pays
Cons
Prepared to work long hours
Fun workplace
Acting Shift supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rustenburg, NW25 October 2013
It is more fun to work for this company. it exposes its graduates to different operations with different mining methods and different working cultures.
Pros
Freedom of learning
Cons
Long shifts