Anglo American Management reviews

Found 183 reviews matching the search See all 1 041 reviews
The Company is the leading in Platinum
Senior Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Mogalakwena, Limpopo23 November 2019
You grow and learn a lot from working at Anglo-American. Employee are treated as asset and trained to equip them with the necessary skills and knowledge. The relationship between the management and the workers is a very good one as everyone is treated with dignity and respect. The values are also good especially because honest is the culture of the company to achieve safe production
2,0
Salary and overall
Underground and shaft boilermaker (Current Employee) –  Amandelbult, Limpopo22 November 2019
Salary can be improved for artisans but overall good. Management is very involved in the day to day production. Mine currently expanding their operations
4,0
Good place to work if the economy stays strong
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, South Africa13 November 2019
As a senior Project manager at Anglo American i used to manage day-to-day operational aspects of projects and project scope by effectively applying methodologies that enforce project standards and by minimizing exposure and risks on projects. Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements, including the identification of needed resources and assignment to appropriate personnel.
Anglo American presents a good company to work for, but presents a highly corporate environment with many challenges. Typical to the Senior Project Manager the job aligns with hours booked and if the company struggle to win projects, you as an individual may lose your position. During a strong economy, the company presents many opportunities related to skills development, opportunities to grow and become involved in diverse client engagements. The job culture requires a lot of input. The company presents an accepted salary but they comprise of no enough bonus system. During good times they give you additional compensation that presents about 6% of your monthly salary. The management varies and typical to project Management it presents a competitive environment. Therefore management tends to look after themselves first and always attempt to find a way to stay billable. Sometimes to the disadvantage of staff members. The hardest of the job involves the billability aspect and if you not an Manager it may become difficult to stay afloat because of minimal management support. Overall it stays a good company to work for during strong economic times.
2,0
the most enjoyable job
security officer (Former Employee) –  Rustenburg, North West13 November 2019
the management was fair and learned about the safety of the workers and the building.searched the exiting cars to check if anything was stolen goods.
1,0
The problem with this company oppression is still there ,they always don't listen to your voice untill someone gets hurt. They use personal feeling
HR Administrator (Former Employee) –  Amandelbult, Limpopo7 November 2019
They don't follow procedure in some cases on dealing with discip inary cases, they don't investigate the matter before they take drastic action over a person. I know someone was dismissed without any proof and he was not granted an appeal just like..it sucks
Anglo American
Acting Shift Supervisor/Miner (Former Employee) –  Rustenburg, North West21 August 2019
Best company I ever work for also the only place were I have ever see that senior management live according to the company's core values and giving assistance to there employees
Proud to work for Anglo American
HSE Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Secunda, Mpumalanga28 May 2019
The company culture is positive and value enabling. There is a feeling of family not only a workplace.
Social functions includes all employees
Management is caring and engaging

Stable and loved company
4,0
good company to work for
Occupational Hygienist - SAIOH Registered (Current Employee) –  Kathu, Northern Cape25 April 2019
working at projects its hard work and need flexibility as anything can happen anytime and need to focus, working with contractors that most of the workers are on low education level, so you need to stay awake and focused as we need to achieve our project timelines safely in a healthy and hygienic environment.

strong qualities and personality of working with both project management and contractors
5,0
Very fast paced professional environment
Britehouse Consultant/ Cost and Projects (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng8 April 2019
Would start around 8 with the Information Management team. I learnt a lot about how contractors hired from different companies came together to work as one team. Leant a lot about changing technologies and the financial, project and management functions.
Hardest part was that it was central johannesburg and lots of traffic.
Being rewarded lucratively was a factor that motivated me to do my job but I was only a contractor and was let go due to restructuring, also I was looking to get back into a proper SAP Consultant Job not only work on projects with management.
Pros
Huge selection of free lunches daily
Productive and self growth
Electrical Foreman (Former Employee) –  North West8 December 2018
I would get there prepare for the guys hold a safety meeting with the team and plan for the shift. Then I would go present the days plan to the engineer and receive any special instructions, there after I have coffee change prepare to go underground to do over inspections and assist where need be. There is a lot I learnt which was beyond my trade in order to help mining we would really support them so we reached the end goal of production. We had management courses that we would attend every now and then, these would help us in the work environment even in dealing with a few managers who were difficult to deal with. The culture was nothing new or difficult, example act with integrity which were things that were supposed to be a norm. The hardest part of the job was the long working hours that we had integrated into of 12 hours 6 days morning shift and 12 hours 6 days night shift and 8 days off. I enjoyed solving problems whatever issues we had was a challenge I wanted to solve at the end, I did it with my team and we did it with pride.
Pros
Development
Committed Involvement In The Safe Production Of Coal
Plant Operator/Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  South Africa13 October 2018
As a Plant Operator I was responsible for the efficient beneficiation of ROM coal to a product quality by operating, maintaining and optimising the plant coal washing process within the Plant.

I was Processing Plants’ Health and Safety Officer (Section 2.17.1 of the Mine Health and Safety Act (29 of 1996). I had to ensure contractor/employee/management compliance to the legislative requirement and Anglo’s safety, health and environment management system.

I learnt that management were committed to the safe production of coal.
Pros
Increased production with zero injuries
Cons
Investigating serious injuries at work
4,0
Corporate environment with profits that mattered.
Typist, Promoted to Secretary (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng6 October 2018
I was the secretary who dealt with plant Heads of Department in a gold mine. I was directly reporting to two metallurgical superintendents: typing, screening calls, audio-typing reports. All secretarial duties. Security in the office was of utmost importance with confidential data being prepared each day.

I learned how to work with outside departments and learned communication skills.

Management was hierarchical and working in silos: Engineering dept., metallurgical dept., admin, HR dept., Loss Control and Finance dept. All metallurgical departments directly reporting to the two metallurgical superintendents (my two managers). The metallurgical departments comprised Carbon In Leach, Acid Plant, Gold Plant, Loss Control and Flotation Plant which are metallurgical plants to produce, ultimately, gold. The workplace demanded good work ethic and the ability to work under pressure.

The hardest part of the job was during a slump in the gold price with low motivation, lay-offs and stressful working conditions, taking on extra duties with the corporation austerity measures.

The most enjoyable part of the job was making sure the job was done .
Excellent work enviroment
Fitter and Turner (Former Employee) –  Klerksdorp, North West14 September 2018
Each employee had work tasks and each employee to responsibility
Was good team work
Every day you gained new skills
good management
Good work ethics
Occasionally Long Hours
all parts and spars were always available
Was a good company to work for
Pros
training
Cons
Salary
Productive and challenging
Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Kolomela31 August 2018
A normal day at Kumba is where you get to meet new people every time. Safety is a process and it takes a while to be implemented. Management is motivated to get involved in the day to day issues regarding the staff. Everyone is committed to zero harm. Paperwork is the only hard part of the job because it takes you away from the people doing the work and implementing a new system and reaching a KPI goal is my considered my fun time at work.
Admin
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Thabazimbi, Limpopo10 August 2018
Keeping dairy up to date
General admin work at the office
Time and attendance records
Staff enquiries
Travelling arrangements for CEO
Typing of documents
Meetings and food
Productive and fun workplace
Vacation Student (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng 210713 June 2018
You work with an interactive management team that supports your goals and aspirations whilst helping you focus on the daily task assigned to you. The staff is also extremely friendly.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long hours (month end)
4,0
fun and safe work environment
surface electrician (Current Employee) –  Rustenburg, North West20 May 2018
fun safe and productive work environment
safety culture promoted
supportive management team
fair educational and training opportunities
new and latest advanced technology
Pros
safety
safety
electrician (Current Employee) –  Rustenburg, North West20 May 2018
very safe environment to work in
productive team members
supportive management team
fair training and development opportunities
living righteous values
Pros
raining and devopment
Cons
sometimes slow progress..too much adminisrative work
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Limpopo, polokwane8 May 2018
At times management empowered. Good and supportive workers/colleagues. Team spirit. Good remuneration and packages. Achievements recognised.
Pros
Free lunch
3,0
Productive company
Underground Electrician (Former Employee) –  Limpopo25 April 2018
Is a good company but dont care about the employees,
It's only check for production,they talk safety but they don't practice it at workplaces and put pressure on employees