Anglo American Employee Review

View all Anglo American reviews

Efficient and enjoyable work environment
Metallurgist (Current Employee) –  Potgietersrus, LP16 August 2013
TYPICAL DAY
Start day off with daily safety meeting and delegate work to subordinates.
Daily plant stability meeting to discuss current issues and brainstorm ideas with technical team.
Assist subordinates where needed and ensure that tasks given are attended to.
Weekly meeting with entire management team to discuss all current issues and to raise concerns.
Attend to requests and emails.
Attend to current project.
Close out day by ensuring that all critical tasks were attended to and that deadlines are met.

Management allows freedom to express yourself and you are not tied down. I also do not work under constant supervision.

Co-workers are very helpful and knowledgeable. They are approachable and always willing to assist where needed.

The hardest part of my job is to constantly improve the process and find solutions to unique problems.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the fact that I can do my work in my own manner as long as the job gets done on time. I also enjoy the fact that everyday is different and I live for the challenges in my day to day job.
Pros
Stable job with room for advancement
Cons
No reward for major achievements and improvements in business performance

Other Anglo American Employee Reviews

Productive and learning place
Engineering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Amandelbult, Limpopo1 December 2019
Anglo american Platinum is a cool good company with a long lasting life span. At anglo you learn lot of job experience and they promote most of the qualified employees.
Challenging, entresting
Audio Visual Engineer (Former Employee) –  City of Johannesburg, Gauteng29 November 2019
Good working environment, freee breakfast and lunch, good working hours, staff and management are great people, cell phone benefits and 4g dongles. Great company.