Anglo American Employee Reviews

Surveyor Technician (Former Employee) –  Swartklip, Limpopo14 January 2018
Its great company with rich culture of health and safety, there's development of employees, managers support their juniors to get experience and encourage people to develop themselves
Pros
Free mageu
Cons
45 hours per week
Fun workpalce
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng11 January 2018
Am a hard worker i can even work at any conditions and take over time jobs am health. Am a fun person who like to make joks and i love playing soccer that keeps me fet
Pros
my lunch box
2,0
Accounts Payable Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Witbank, Mpumalanga9 January 2018
It is fairly good working at Anglo American GSS but it does not operate like the Mines. Dont receive the same benefits and treatment.overall I can say it is Good but not the best
4,0
na
Environmental Scientist (contractor) (Former Employee) –  City of Johannesburg, Gauteng7 January 2018
good company, great culture, opportunity to advance, nice work place, international travel, opportunity to advance, diverse working experience, repeat
Pros
na
Cons
na
Sydney Sebata's experience at AAP
Mechanical Engineering Apprentice- Rigger (Former Employee) –  Rustenburg, Gauteng3 January 2018
Good environment, experienced and lively people in the field, low pay but a bit better once you are qualified. Other things like recklessness, carelessness, ignorance and other bad traits that I experienced over the years I worked there are part of life and I believe we get them everywhere.
Pros
Care for employees from business model and corporate social responsibilty, e.g) Medical, Allowances
Cons
Depends on our job description. I have nothing to complain about for the training I got.
Values count.
Safety & Sustainable Development Administrator (Former Employee) –  Swartklip, Limpopo3 January 2018
Treating their employees with respect, looking after their co-workers and working together as a team. People care about one another and it is nice to work for such a company.
Pros
Lunch, 13th cheque, proper vacation
3,0
Anglo American is an exciting company to work for
HRD Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Thabazimbi, Limpopo28 December 2017
I am passionate about developing people. What is most rewarding is getting recognition and being thanked by the learners ins person for guiding and supporting them towards achieving their goals.
Pros
Annual incentives
Cons
Huge inbalance in incentives being paid out annually
Internal Audit Manager
Audit Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng26 December 2017
Beautiful company, professional, adequately resourced, there are always willing to help. The only problem is the job insecurity, retrenchments make the place unbearable, otherwise a very progressive company.
rock drill operator (Current Employee) –  Burgersfort, Limpopo19 December 2017
Anglo American Platinum is the one of the company that put the safety of the employees first. what I learned about it is the company that develop the of their employees.
Pros
Own lunch
Cons
8 hours
5,0
At Anglo we are brother and sister's keeper and safety begins with you.
HOD Secretary (Current Employee) –  Mpumalanga13 December 2017
Respect and collaboration is the order of the day not forgetting working safely as the highest priority at Anglo Mines. A place to call home away from home.
Pros
Free lucnh, bottled water and snacks
Cons
People gaining weight
Anglo American GSS
Accounts Administrator (Current Employee) –  Witbank, Mpumalanga6 December 2017
Its a awesome place to work for, would not like to apply for another job, but I do not have a choice, I really breaks my heart for not being able to continue with Anglo American GSS
rock drill operator (Current Employee) –  Limpopo Burgersfort4 December 2017
I work at Twickenham mine at Limpopo. We're currently under care and maintainence due to the financial constraints. However we are busy with the development and research whereby we are testing a new technology machines mostly from Switzerland.
Pros
Have own lunch
Cons
8hours
Productive and enjoyable workplace
HRD Data Capture (Former Employee) –  Limpopo28 November 2017
My day at work was a stress free and enjoyable.
I have learned to work with different people of different culture with different attitude an d personality.
Working with a difficult client whereby sometimes you don't even know what to do.
The team in the HRD were very supportive one injury , injury for all.
I enjoyed reaching my daily target.
Cons
Normal Working hours
Development and fun
Accounts Administrator (Current Employee) –  Jhb CBD22 November 2017
Read incoming emails and respond to queries
Log into SAP customers and Bank account
Clear accounts, send out required docs, invoices and statements
Pros
Open door policy
Cons
not allowed overtime - that is, after 5pm
5,0
A company that is passionate about people development
SHEQ Manager (Former Employee) –  Rustenburg, North West10 November 2017
A highly qualified Management teams with a lot of foresight/vision. All the working areas are such a pleasure to work at. Can be very stressful at times especially during the silly season when the DMR inspectors frequently visit the Mines.
Pros
Proper career advancement institution
Cons
Long and hard working hours
4,0
Learning culture and protective environment
Coal Processing Plant Engineer (Former Employee) –  Goedehoop Volliery9 November 2017
Perfect place for person seeking t relax and end career. More of a relaxed environment and bureaucracy and red tape makes it difficult to operate if one enjoys being an entrepreneurial leader
Pros
Lack of entrepreneurial support and bureaucracy
Cons
Employee support and job security
My latest work place
Time Administrator (Former Employee) –  Thabazimbi, Limpopo3 November 2017
A typical day for me at work was going to work at 7:30. Having a nice cup off coffee with my friends. I had a good relationship with everyone, people new when there time sheets was with me they would get paid even at the last minute i would help people because i knew how important there money were 2 them.

In all my years working in Anglo American i have learned to really listen and help people.

I had 2 manage all my different types of work load and 2 do it accordingly i always had a system 2 make my job easy so i dint make mistakes....check, check and double check because after all this was people money i was working with.

The culture in my workplace was what made going 2 work nice every day. Everybody had respect for each other and when there was a problem among us it would be talked out in a respective manner.

The hardest part of my job i would say was the impatient employees. And yes i would also calm them down and try 2 explain the situation 2 them. whatever it was that was bothering them.

The part that i enjoyed the mos was when everyone would get there payslips at the end of the month. And then everything was 100% . There were never any pay queries and this made me happy because we worked together as a team...
Pros
Nice People
Cons
nothing
3,0
productive and nice to work for
Senior Occupational health nurse (Former Employee) –  Mpumalanga, KwaZulu-Natal3 November 2017
Nice place to work in. Working 8hours.Working under supervision of Sr and I was her Deputy(right hand).We report to the dr.We do internal as well as DMR and Cohsasa audits
Pros
order everything on cost codes
Cons
8hour shift
Preferred choice of employment
PRINCIPAL ROCK ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng24 October 2017
Anglo American is a top tier company that wants to make money yet research possibilities and also care for its employees.

Meet to get daily feedback from previous shifts and prioritise tasks if necessary. Attend management or safety meeting and do planned underground visits when required.

Challenges included monitoring working places for high risks and mentoring and coaching teams to understand the risks involved in specific tasks that may be hazardous if not correctly identified ahead of the task.
Professionally fulfilling
Project Engineering Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mines located around Rustenburg and Polokwane18 October 2017
A greaat platform for professional career development using world class standards and methodologies. Motivated multi disciplinary teams would work on between 2 to 3 projects simultaneously, each with a defined budget and timeline. Emphasis on autonomous responsibility however with essential upward communication with the Project Director.
The challenging part of the job was to try and ascertain early enough any potential risks the project might face and take timeous action to avert or ameliorate such risk.
The most enjoyable aspect is the realization of a concept into a fully operational plant and the start of production.