Aon Employee Reviews

Overall job experience
A typical day at work entailed responding to client queries and following up with clients. It also entailed working on quotes for new and renewal business.

My manager was very knowledgeable in the field of work.

The workplace culture was enjoyable and it was easy to build relationships with my peers.

The hardest part of the job was having to deal with difficult clients; the best part was servicing a difficult client to their satisfaction.
productive and fun
Great Company to work for
I enjoyed working for AON

Friendly Staff

Good benefits for staff

Nice work environment.

Staff well taken care off

Would recommend AON anytime
was on contract only
I would be very enthusiastic if they should call me back because I was very unprofessionally dismissed. I would gladly jump for another opportunity to prove myself this time around. I also got along very well with all the staff and learned alot too
Productive and fun
working at Aon must be a very productive candidate ,willing to learn at all times,be innovative and team player be a reliable candidate also be loyal.
5,0
Fun and productive work place
At AON I did some filing and reception work. I learned a lot about how to interact with people,clients, insurance and the environment of the corporate world. The manger of AON is a great man whom is very helpful and very understanding. I would say the environment is very up beat as everyone is so helpful and friendly. I enjoyed every part of my job and i can not say that i did not enjoy everything about my time at AON.
Pros
Canteen down stairs
Cons
N/a
A well structured company
Hard work is expected of employees and the company strives to recognize talent. The HR division is easy available to assist employees with queries and the environment itself is safe/comfortable.
Pros
Great employee benefits
1,0
worse place to work
Worse place to ever work. Management acted as bullies. Treated staff like nothing. very racist environment. Very unpleasant place to work. long unnecessary hour and were very behind in the technology aspect.
Pros
Cons
racist and long hours
very busy and multitasking
very busy and formal environment. People of integrity and working with many divisions of insurance.
job had long hours but most interesting was that I enjoyed working here and had a lot of exposure nationally and internationally.
Pros
international company, varied and interesting people, nver a dull moment
Cons
long working hours
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Aon?
pruductive fun work place
get leads for team to work on for the day
have morning briefing with team

discuss targets and incentives

send out report at the end of the day for team performance
Pros
incerntives
Cons
no money to show
Fun workplace
The company culture is very good and motivating, the staff is friendly and easy to mingle with get used to. The environment itself is very healthy. The hardest part is seccuring a permanent job interns and learners are not easly recognised.
Pros
Gifts and Semminars
Cons
exposure
5,0
Aon is a family, you can work and have fun at the same time but as long as your work is done and your client's come 1st.
Aon was the best company I ever worked for and it was not my choice to leave as they lost a huge account and there was no employment for me and my colleague. I would give anything to work for them again. Management were always understanding and always stood by your side.
Pros
1 hour lunch and ability to work remotely
Cons
Normal working hours
Good Company
Solid Corporate Company with strong work ethic and procedures in place. Very professional.
Look after their people, however work pressure can become a bit tough
Benefits
Cons
Red Tape and too much work for people to handle individually
4,0
a great company with great fringe benefits and a relaxed working environment
It was a great company to work for and if the job had been permanent, I would still be working there. The down side was that I was unable to secure any fulltime work.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Contract work and short term assignments
Aon
The company is great, benefits are great, most staff great. I did not like the "red tape" am more of a get on with it person. My MD was amazing and the work was great and I learnt a lot.
Pros
Benefits and Managing Director
Cons
Too many processes and procedures
3,0
Inclusive and friendly environment.
The office can get busy, but everyday is a different day and one is dealing with new queries. It can be a very fun place at the office and we have engaged management.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
Underpaid
2,0
yes it is a fun place to work in
i have learned to respect customers with their differences and the people I used to work with as individuals and I really enjoyed working as a team at all time because we learn from each other.
Excellent place to work
Excellent place to work
I hereby apply for the said position. I have gained a vast amount of experience multi-tasking in different fields in the previous years, which also assisted me in gaining vast knowledge from highly ranked people.

I have succeeded thus far, as I believe any business unit depends on three basic anchors, which are Performance, Loyalty and Time Management. Through my interaction with various teams within the business, I have learnt to work effectively and efficiently with an effort in ensuring that customer service meets and exceeds targets resulting in delighted customers.
Good company and culture

Open working hours

Work from home available (depends on department)

Opportunities for growth available

Size of the company allows for working anywhere around SA

Good links with international offices with options of transferring abroad
4,0
team working spirit and productive team
i work with supportive team. to work on my own on the claims. having to be swearer at by third parties has made me grow mentally and my confidence has grown even more. management is very supportive and quite concern with his team. whats difficult about my work is having to work with report that are inconclusive and not straight to the point and i have to use my discretion on it
Pros
team building within our team
Cons
working long hours to minimize work
Aon
We are a amazing team working together always there to assist when needed.
Management are there to assist when needed. Not communicating when things change. Like to leave the office and know my work is up to date.
Hard working and Financially driven - Revenue focus
A strong international brand with core focus on delivering value and impact for clients. The hardest part of the Job is possibly the different views from across the various areas which are not aligned. Not a synergistic approach.
Pros
Parking, Sports and social club, Medical aid and Provident fund
Cons
Long hours and silo approach