Aspen Employee Reviews

1,0
Really bad work environment
Machine Specialist (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape3 October 2018
While i was there we had good times and have awesome people working here. 3 retrenchments in the last 18 mths have taken its toll. I'm sorry to say this but I wouldn't recommend Aspen to any of my friends. Really poor leadership that are soley focussed on cutting cost and steam rolling of the staff is common. Staff just keep quiet because senior managers dont listen and they need to protect their jobs.
Cons
bad culture, poor communication, no teamwork, poor leadership
3,0
My co-workers
Filing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Centurion (Pretoria)12 January 2017
what i have learned at Aspen is that i have worked with people who have ambition and that inspired me to go extra mile, it was wonderful to work with such amazing people who are go getter, who knows what they want and go for it.
Pros
Flexible hours
3,0
Interesting, wide learning and career growth opportunity
Production Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, EC27 October 2015
Being a production pharmacist entails an overall production knowledge which involves production,engineering as well as pharmaceutical. It is a very good job that trains to work diligently, qualitatively application of Good manufacturing practises under pressure.great skills arquired
Pros
wide career growth
Cons
shift hours
4,0
Work is not fun but dedication
Senior analyst - instrument technician (Current Employee) –  East London, EC3 September 2014
Life at work is Ok in the sense that i do my daily calibrations and verificationbefore any body starts work. I try to finish this before everybody starts working because normally each group has a daily status meeting.
When i am done as aan expect in instrumentation analysts will come asking for assistance with their tasks.
Wwhat i have learned is that if you are friendly with people they will allways be confortable with you and always seek your help.
People when they make mistakes like to put a lbame on instrumen tand their leaders confront you as a technnician. You help everybody with everything and not get paid for your endless efforts
Management can be helpfull by implementing systems that can show instrument downtimes and causes to eliminate shifting blames.
The hardeest part of the job is when people do not know what they are doing,blame instruments,with experience get to solutions and the very same leader who you helped does not come to apologies.
The most enjoyable part is that you come to help everybody with any challenge and you feel like you are running the place.
Pros
No teambuilding
Cons
To earn more money work a lo of overtime
5,0
productinve and fun place to work
admin (Current Employee) –  port elizabeth30 May 2013
learnt alot about the pharmaceutical side of business. would like to learn more. contract expires tomorrow, end of MAy 2013
Productive and moderate
Recieving Clerk/Forklift Operator Also Driving (Current Employee) –  Aspen Pe29 October 2012
Aspen is not a bad company at all.I am currently on a learneship for Wholesale Retail and Distribution.
Pros
100% pension fund
Cons
shifts