Assupol Life Employee Reviews

Best place to work
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng9 October 2018
You need to work,self discipline and time management.
Good managerial skills
Traveling and looking for clients
Selling the various products.it's fun to work at ASSUPOL especially when you reach your targets.
Pros
Company Vehicle
Cons
Unpredictable working hours
4,0
Work environment perfect if one is making money
Financial advisor (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng26 September 2018
Big company..needs workers who are determined to work very hard...must have high hopes..people who want to achieve greately in life...people who want to change other peopls lives..there by changing theirs...
Pros
Lunch vouchers...no office hours...work at your own time and schedule
Cons
There should be basic salary for those having trouble getting deals
Good place to work.
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Kimberley, Northern Cape3 August 2018
Assupol is a good company to work for. The people you work with is always nice. They are always trying to help you where they can if you struggle with something.
holistic summary
Intern (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng27 July 2018
Great working environment
Open Plan setup
Good working hours
30 minute lunch time
Good exposure
Open door policy
Content and knowledge is very important
RE qualification a great advantage
Pros
Salary increments
Cons
07h30 starting time
5,0
It is a very productive and one enjoys working there because you get to meet new people every day
Representative (Current Employee) –  Maponya mall25 July 2018
I have a great time with assupol it's commission is outstanding compared to other companies though they don't have basic for representatives but if you work hard you actually take a lot home
Pros
Promotional items
Cons
Long hours without and business
good working conditions
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Nelspruit28 June 2018
team work we were like a family, the hardest part of the job was when our cases were rejected and you will not be notified but overall I enjoyed working there!!
Good work environment
Senior clerk field and broker support (Former Employee) –  Potchefstroom, North West23 August 2017
A typical day at work includes answering calls from the representatives and brokers, Issuing new applications forms , Assisting Representatives that comes to the office requesting assistance, General administration duties, receiving and submitting new applications submitted by representatives and submit to the data capturers , and receive returned application forms from data capturers then advise the representatives/brokers of the feedback.
Pros
communicating with staff, representatives and brokers
Cons
hectic on cut off dates
Great
Scanning Administrator (New Business & Client (Former Employee) –  Pretoria7 August 2017
I really enjoyed working for Assupol. This was the first job I had when matriculating. There was a lot of growth and the employees was looked after. Lots of growth opportunities and lots of opportunities to study further.
Pros
Bonuses and Medical Aid and Life Cover
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  East London, Eastern Cape26 April 2017
This was a very challenging envinment and it requied lots of hard wor and dedication which i gave my all but had to leave and study for more knowlage so to better myself in the working environment
Pros
work in your own hours
Cons
had to seek own clients
Fun
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Nelspruit, Mpumalanga28 February 2017
You need to work,self discipline and time management.
Good mangerial skills
Traveling and looking for clients
Selling the various products.it's fun to work at ASSUPOL especially when you rich your targets
Pros
Compony vihicle
Cons
Hard and long hours
5,0
Quality and productivity combined with fun
Training Administrator (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng26 January 2017
A typical day at work is full of quality productivity looking after internal and external clients.
I learn every day, that makes giving quality service to clients so much more awarding
Management forms an important part in any company and assist with mentoring and employee development
Workplace culture forms part of the heart of a company and as an old employee I know the value and specialness of Assupol life's workplace culture.
The hardest part of a job is making a deadline for a project, but working together as a team, we will overcome the problem and complete the project in the specified timeframe
The most enjoyable part is to see a happy client and complete a project successfully in time.
Pros
Stability
fun and team work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Polokwane, Limpopo23 January 2017
Alone one can not excel we all need I learned that.team work give better and best out put if all member participate positively
Pros
getting to know places
Cons
travelling alot and less rest
Company going places
IT Manager: Communications (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng27 December 2016
Working hard, playing hard culture. Management looks very well after their employees. Work satisfaction is a certainty and growing is up to yourself. Assupol is growing at a lightning speed and the fact that management is looking so good after their employees is a huge contributing factor.
Interesting workplace
Marketing and Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng21 August 2016
A typical day at work was helping brokers and sales representatives with any admin that needed to be done. I also assisted the sales managers with filing and general admin duties.
I learned how to work with a deadline as we had monthly cut-offs, and I tried to learn everything that I could.
The management was good and supportive, and pushed me to be the best that I could.
My co-workers were professional yet friendly.
The hardest part of the job was choosing when I needed to say no.
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I did my best in everything that I did.
Pros
Team Building
Cons
No growth
Productive and interesting
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, Gauteng8 August 2016
A typical day at work was fun.
I made an effort to learn everything I could in the department (procedures and systems).
Management was willing to listen to staff & take suggestions.
Co-workers worked well together mostly.
The hardest part of the job was learning to say no.
The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things & solving problems.
Pros
Flexi hours
Good company culture
Senior clerk client services (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng17 May 2016
Attending to clients queries
Follow up with the claims department on claims that have not been paid
Client clients feedback on their requests and any outstanding documents.
Forward cancellations, partial surrenders and amendments to the admin department.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
High number of calls
5,0
We travelled to namibia and all over south africa for team building exrecises it was realy fun to work there
Senior Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape12 February 2016
Assupol management had all the trust in me was given space to work at my own pace .

Co workers treated me like family.
I learned new ways of doing things and also given opportunity to participate fully in management meetings.
Cons
Work long hours because was building new team
1,0
supportive management
Sales Representative/office consultant (Current Employee) –  Lephalale, Limpopo7 December 2015
gained skills and behavioural styles
opportunity to work in different department and branches
working with good team
hard to reach target
I have time to do other things and also reach target and work in the office.
Interesting, fun and outdoors

Co WORKERS

Healthy competitions
Communication
Work in groups
Reaching targets as a team

MANAGEMENT

ENJOYABLE PART

Outdoor
Meeting different people everyday
Face to face
Travelling on a daily basis
Pros
commission and claim back from sars
Cons
unpredictable working hours
Productive and fun days
Trainee Accountant (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, GP12 December 2014
A day starts at 7h30am with junior trainees making tea/coffee for everyone at our department. And then checking emails and make follow ups of issues or inquiries that I had the previous day. After solving everything, I do my daily work.

I have learned to work with people with different attitude, cultures and ages. When I got to my second level I managed to take over the work of a third year as my seniors contact was terminate. I learned to take responsibility to grow myself by learning most of the Work by myself with a little help from my Junior Manager. I learned to be a leader, supervisor to my junior.

Assupol Life management are very involve with their employees. They are concern and keen about what is going on around them. The relationship is good and effective and it creates a good environment.

It is very easy to work with people whom you share the same goal with. I enjoyed working with my co-workers , they were the best.

The hardest part of the job was when I had to play the role of the senior. It is not easy to be hard on other but sometimes the Job needs to be done and It is very important to meet the required deadlines.

I enjoy it when the work is done and it's been approved by management and we all go celebrate afterwards. It is nice to go out of the office once in a while just to relax and talk about things outside work.
Pros
* AFS celebration lunch, Year end functions, department lunch and department year end lunch with the CFO
Cons
Overtime