Assupol

Assupol Employee Reviews

5,0
productive and a very friendly work place
client service administrator (Former Employee) –  east London23 October 2019
Its important to maintain professionalisim, follow processes in place, ask where you don't know and treat clients fairly
I enjoy dealing with people.
1,0
Worst place to work
Senior clerk: Client services (Former Employee) –  Menlo Park, Gauteng8 September 2019
I've worked for other companies in the industry and Assupol takes the cup of being the worst employer. Employees are coerced into giving good ratings on best company survey. Employees pay for everything here including coffee and tea. Personal telephone calls are charged even if it's 30cents. Their salaries are ridiculously low and forced to take medical aid which they don't subsidize
5,0
i enjoy working in a group however a perform well working individually
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Randburg, Gauteng6 September 2019
I learned allot at companies doing sales, that clients are hard to get but how you sell to them is the most important thing.
Planning preparing scribe
Work envorment
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Thohoyandou, Limpopo3 September 2019
I enjoy working because I get to meet a lot of different people and these enhance my skills in how to solve issues, how to sell products how to deal with a client that is having a bad day. My client service improve everyday and I am amazed at the skills I have of putting costumers first and also to adhere to the fit and proper regulations.

I travel a lot to different places to be able to reach my target for !y sales. The most challenging part is not having control over an unhappy client or someone who is on a tight budget and wants to cancel their policies.

But overall the sales work is very challenging and it needs someone who is very passionate about their work.
Cons
Flexable hours
Great working environment
Executive PA to Group CEO (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng30 January 2019
Great working environment, great colleagues.
There would be hectic days and there would be days where you more relaxed.
Management was easy to work with. Workplace culture was very pleasant.
Pros
Enjoyable working environment
Cons
Was working on contract basis
5,0
Products and benefits are very helpful to our clients
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  South Africa5 January 2019
Assupol is a very good compony with a lot of benefits to their clients and staff.
It very good to work at Assupol I achieved so many it a good company
Pros
Free car
Fun place to work for
Client Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng21 September 2018
I was happy at Assupol. I had a lot of opportunities . I worked in the Admin and Manager departments for 13 years. I then moved to Sales where I still marketed Assupol products. I am proud to say that Assupol has been a part of my life for the last 22 years.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
5,0
Their culture is good,not enough benefits for employees.keap clients information safe.working with diverse people.respect different cultures
Adviser (Current Employee) –  Mafikeng, North West26 January 2018
As a reviewer I saw old mutual as a good company because thy pay their client in an appropriate way.welcoming their client and client information as confidential.
Overall experience Potch branch
Senior field clerk (Former Employee) –  Potchefstroom, North West8 August 2017
Management lack respect for employees. Racist tendencies and sabotage is the order of the day. Assupol is a great company overall just wished I had transferred to Head Office instead of staying in a white dominated branch. If you going to apply know that previously disadvantaged you will be made to feel inferior and stupid, dont be clever and show your capabilities it will be crushed quickly.
Pros
Free gifts and Head Office support
Cons
Long hours, no recognitions, sabotage and white supremacy
Developing Place
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng6 April 2017
Working at Assupol is a wonderful experience.One learns how to develop themselves intellectually.I got exposed to the insurance field where i learnt how to give people necessary advice based on their financial needs.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Salary depends on Commision
fun stepping stone
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng16 January 2017
Assupol was a great company to work for. Good for a start in life they offer training and make it easy to work there. We were offers good hot leads though sometimes not sufficient great team players. Benefits and incentives were really nice
Pros
free trip's and incentives
Cons
overtime
Productive Work Place
Sale Executive to Call Centre Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng4 January 2017
Taking a team leader position and handling queries in the work place appropriate. Mostly is being is Punctual regarding my work
BEE company
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape3 January 2017
Great environment. Self-management was expected and I was judged on results.

You have the freedom to use your mind and contribute towards the company's success freely. The hardest part is the lack of guidance, however it is a paradise if you thrive on challenges as I do.

Co-workers are friendly and supportive.
Pros
Flexible hours
productive
FIELD AGENT (Former Employee) –  eastern cape queenstown24 August 2016
sales
selling skills
motivated management
fun and willing to work in teams
to hear someone don't have a policy for their family that past way
if a client comes back to you to say thank you for excellent service
Pros
tee time
good communicating
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal19 August 2016
Working at assupol was a great experiance for me.coz i was coming from skull.finishing my high skull i worked for a year meet alot of amazing people.it was good working for assupol da problem for me was commision wage.but all in all it was fun an worming to work in a big company like assupol.
Pros
commision
Cons
no basic
1,0
The company management lacks professionalism
FINANCIAL ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Welkom, Free State7 July 2016
They should recruit management team that knows how to treat staff and be able to support their staff without favoritism.
Pros
n/a
5,0
I enjoyed the family culture at assupol it was great,They treated me very well both staff and management,Recruitment and selection processes were of t
Senior Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, WC30 January 2016
Well days at work where very challenging as I had to build a team from stretch,I learned that there are a quite a lot of potential candidates in the market place some willing to work on commission bases and some not,Assupol management were very supportive and encouraging during my stay in Cape Town,Management was always precise when I needed guidance,Management created environment where you always feel at home,My co-workers were great they valued my inputs I always felt like I am at home,As it was a commission environment it was very hard to keep turnover of new reps as it takes time to build them.
Pros
We always had free lunchies and i also had a entertainment card
Cons
I used to travell long hours to soursce bussiness, Someimes used to work up to 14 hours per day whn busy with recruitment and chasing target
hard work
CLIENT SERVICE ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Vereeniging, GP19 February 2015
I work with clients on a daily basis, I capture claims upload them and send them to heads office for processing. working as a client service administrator can be very challenging at times as one works with clients and people who have different personalities. One grows every day and I see things in a different prospective now. We work together and as partners with my co-worker. Our companies management stile is one I can say is linear.
Pros
growth
Cons
working on saturdays
5,0
Productive n fun place to work
SALES REP (Current Employee) –  Polokwane, LP4 November 2014
I have learned on how to deal with difficult clients and on how to convience them. My work mate are very committed to the job and we enjoy to be part of assupol.There is nothing hard about this job what is excitting more is we are responsible for our own salary and we are our own bosses.
Pros
We work on our own time
Cons
No work no pay
enjoyable
Senior Clerk Field and Broker Support (Current Employee) –  Potchefstroom, NW3 October 2014
Productive and fun workplace
Lovely and friendly colleaques
Nice and peaceful environment
Pros
lovely environment
Cons
No job security