Assupol Employee Reviews

5,0
Products and benefits are very helpful to our clients
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  South Africa5 January 2019
Assupol is a very good compony with a lot of benefits to their clients and staff.
It very good to work at Assupol I achieved so many it a good company
Pros
Free car
Fun place to work for
Client Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng21 September 2018
I was happy at Assupol. I had a lot of opportunities . I worked in the Admin and Manager departments for 13 years. I then moved to Sales where I still marketed Assupol products. I am proud to say that Assupol has been a part of my life for the last 22 years.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
5,0
Their culture is good,not enough benefits for employees.keap clients information safe.working with diverse people.respect different cultures
Adviser (Current Employee) –  Mafikeng, North West26 January 2018
As a reviewer I saw old mutual as a good company because thy pay their client in an appropriate way.welcoming their client and client information as confidential.
Overall experience Potch branch
Senior field clerk (Former Employee) –  Potchefstroom, North West8 August 2017
Management lack respect for employees. Racist tendencies and sabotage is the order of the day. Assupol is a great company overall just wished I had transferred to Head Office instead of staying in a white dominated branch. If you going to apply know that previously disadvantaged you will be made to feel inferior and stupid, dont be clever and show your capabilities it will be crushed quickly.
Pros
Free gifts and Head Office support
Cons
Long hours, no recognitions, sabotage and white supremacy
Developing Place
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng6 April 2017
Working at Assupol is a wonderful experience.One learns how to develop themselves intellectually.I got exposed to the insurance field where i learnt how to give people necessary advice based on their financial needs.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Salary depends on Commision
fun stepping stone
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng16 January 2017
Assupol was a great company to work for. Good for a start in life they offer training and make it easy to work there. We were offers good hot leads though sometimes not sufficient great team players. Benefits and incentives were really nice
Pros
free trip's and incentives
Cons
overtime
Productive Work Place
Sale Executive to Call Centre Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng4 January 2017
Taking a team leader position and handling queries in the work place appropriate. Mostly is being is Punctual regarding my work
BEE company
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape3 January 2017
Great environment. Self-management was expected and I was judged on results.

You have the freedom to use your mind and contribute towards the company's success freely. The hardest part is the lack of guidance, however it is a paradise if you thrive on challenges as I do.

Co-workers are friendly and supportive.
Pros
Flexible hours
productive
FIELD AGENT (Former Employee) –  eastern cape queenstown24 August 2016
sales
selling skills
motivated management
fun and willing to work in teams
to hear someone don't have a policy for their family that past way
if a client comes back to you to say thank you for excellent service
Pros
tee time
good communicating
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal19 August 2016
Working at assupol was a great experiance for me.coz i was coming from skull.finishing my high skull i worked for a year meet alot of amazing people.it was good working for assupol da problem for me was commision wage.but all in all it was fun an worming to work in a big company like assupol.
Pros
commision
Cons
no basic
1,0
The company management lacks professionalism
FINANCIAL ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Welkom, Free State7 July 2016
They should recruit management team that knows how to treat staff and be able to support their staff without favoritism.
Pros
n/a
5,0
I enjoyed the family culture at assupol it was great,They treated me very well both staff and management,Recruitment and selection processes were of t
Senior Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, WC30 January 2016
Well days at work where very challenging as I had to build a team from stretch,I learned that there are a quite a lot of potential candidates in the market place some willing to work on commission bases and some not,Assupol management were very supportive and encouraging during my stay in Cape Town,Management was always precise when I needed guidance,Management created environment where you always feel at home,My co-workers were great they valued my inputs I always felt like I am at home,As it was a commission environment it was very hard to keep turnover of new reps as it takes time to build them.
Pros
We always had free lunchies and i also had a entertainment card
Cons
I used to travell long hours to soursce bussiness, Someimes used to work up to 14 hours per day whn busy with recruitment and chasing target
hard work
CLIENT SERVICE ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Vereeniging, GP19 February 2015
I work with clients on a daily basis, I capture claims upload them and send them to heads office for processing. working as a client service administrator can be very challenging at times as one works with clients and people who have different personalities. One grows every day and I see things in a different prospective now. We work together and as partners with my co-worker. Our companies management stile is one I can say is linear.
Pros
growth
Cons
working on saturdays
5,0
Productive n fun place to work
SALES REP (Current Employee) –  Polokwane, LP4 November 2014
I have learned on how to deal with difficult clients and on how to convience them. My work mate are very committed to the job and we enjoy to be part of assupol.There is nothing hard about this job what is excitting more is we are responsible for our own salary and we are our own bosses.
Pros
We work on our own time
Cons
No work no pay
enjoyable
Senior Clerk Field and Broker Support (Current Employee) –  Potchefstroom, NW3 October 2014
Productive and fun workplace
Lovely and friendly colleaques
Nice and peaceful environment
Pros
lovely environment
Cons
No job security
2,0
Relaxed work culture
Risk Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, GP6 May 2014
The job culture is relaxed, the work is manageble but i feel i need to learn and do something different and grow in my career. The job advancement is not looking very well because assupol is not a big company with different departments. The salary is below industry because the job that i do and the salary do not correspond
Professinalism
Representative (Former Employee) –  Durban, pinetown17 April 2014
Communicating with difficult customers
i have learned how to handle difficult customers
Management was proffesional all the time
Co-workers were loyal all the time
The hardest part was during busy time
A place where you can start with A Gear carreer
administrative clerk (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, GP16 September 2013
it was the happiest time of my life working for such a great Company. A Company who look after ts employers. The day start with drinking coffee switching on my pc,checking which worked needs to be done and start doing what I do best by giving it my best by doing my job properly, I did learn a lot of worked ethics, values, how to take other people seriously, and how to be part of a great team, my co workers was great that:s why we form a dynamic team, it was great working with them. I "ve learned that nothing is for mahalla in life you need to earned them by giving it your all, Management was exceptional they know how to manage and getting the job done. the hardest part was when you need to make your own decision when the team leader was not around. I did enjoy my job because it was challenging and I as born for challenges.
Pros
year end funtion and free gives christmas parties and lunches
Hardworking
Financial advisor-Assupol  (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, GP27 June 2013
Give financial advice tio clients, how to draw up a financial needs analysis.
productive and require dedication
Sales represantative (Current Employee) –  pretoria,gauteng3 September 2012
i learned to be independent,how to enjoy working without complaining,my management its well structured and be able to be approached to make good success,my co-workers some are humble its just that people differ from person to person.and hardest part of job was when i start how to approach client and close a deal in one day ,i managed it even it was not that easy,i enjoy talking with people who have lots of ideas in their minds and in this industry that goods to me because i learn new things every day