AVBOB Employee Reviews

5,0
Buy my own lunch but sometimes we would have a team building that includes free lunch
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bellville, Western Cape23 March 2019
All the sales experience I have obtain from all the companies I have worked for its all thanks to AVBOB and its Management,Employees that I learn a lot from about face to face sales experience which I am very much on top of my game when it comes to any sales industry wether its sales,customer service or inbound,outbound sales I can do it all as I can deliver by all means within any of the mention sales department.
Pros
Team Building
Cons
Hours where depended on myself as I was working in the field
2,0
Fun working place
Receptionist/Admin (Former Employee) –  Eastern Cape25 February 2019
Working with people
Must have good communication skills
Must be able to work long hours.
Must not be a shy person.
Must be a talkative person.
Must be punctual all the time.
Pros
Sometimes
Cons
Normal hours
Good environment
Creditors Clerk (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng20 January 2019
Good to learn in and grow, friendly management and will to help with an open door culture. Good employee awareness campaigns and employee wellness. Team building essential.
Pros
no weekends
Cons
time managent
5,0
Very stress full, to give your condolances to the family when someone has passed away
Receptionist/Admin (Former Employee) –  George, Western Cape3 January 2019
- Start at 08:00, cleaning the office, sorting out the admin, making coffee or tea for the manager, helping with funeral arrangements.
- Everyday is a learning day, diferend kinds of people.
- Great management, always at the office, (home friends)
- Great atmosphere, great workers
- To give your condolences with the family
- To be able to comfort the family after the funeral arrangements
Pros
To be able to go to the manager if I need time off, never said no
Cons
24Hrs Standby and Weekend Standby
Fun workplace
Client Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng21 September 2018
Good company to work for. I had to relocate and found a job in Pretoria. Good salary structure and benefits for the employees. Safe company environment.
Pros
n.a
Cons
n/a
productive
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Richards Bay, KwaZulu-Natal6 September 2018
i was not happy with the working hours because they had to clash with study time i had no enough resting time before i study. Avbob manager was good i won't blame the manager for the working hours. security and the rest was good.
Pros
free lunches
Productive, Flexebility
Forensic Investigator (Current Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng24 August 2018
Working effective and focused on our clients, customers are shareholders, Bonuses back into the client policies every year. Free benefits if you use AVBOB to bury your love ones
Pros
Cash back bonuses
Cons
Lunch time
5,0
Top employer and salary, also opportunities
REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Polokwane, Limpopo30 July 2018
Avbob is the insurance Company that pays higher commission and give buns to their clients. And give promotional items for free.
Representatives are all over the suburbs
Pros
Free promotional items
Cons
Normal hours
High value system
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSESSMENT (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng21 June 2018
A pleasant atmosphere where people really care. Strong value system and disciplined approach where the client always comes first but not to the expense of the employee,
Pros
Safe secured job environment
Cons
Parking and situation of building in the CBD area.
5,0
Challenging and rewarding to the ambitious employee
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Thohoyandou, Limpopo18 April 2018
Competitive environment.Easy to make friends.Understanding superiors.Getting a reasonable number of clients can sometimes prove quite challenging.No obligation to go to the office every day.No salary cap.
Pros
You get out what you put in.
Cons
Hard to reach some client-rich areas without personal transport.
3,0
Is a place were u can have cimmunicate with lot of people and also know them more
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng17 April 2018
Working with people and also helping them is a good thing, this job really gave me a good courage to talk to people and understand them better and solve their problems
Pros
There was a training that was provided
Cons
It was normal hours
Productive and fun
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng24 March 2018
It was very challenging job, because i used go do some presentation expecting to come back with one or two sales only to find you get nothing. but i learned that days are not the same, i must not giving up.

I was making sure that i explained everything to the client i meet so that he or she can refer me to the next. street job never been a child play but you have to adapt in any how. can you imagine going up and down doing presentation only to find the whole month you don't get even a single client.

The part i was enjoying the most when its 28th of the month and i know that i have ten and more clients, that was a most exciting part
Sales consultant
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Thohoyandou, Limpopo22 March 2018
My typical day would start work at 8 am sharp. My duties were to make sure I had new clients joining our organization frequently, and allocating them in the system. I learnt a lot working with different people on daily basis, it afforded me an opportunity to be humble and patient when dealing with each customer, as an individual. My workplace culture included but not limited to being punctual on every task I undertook. The hardest part of this job was to convince new customers to take out policies we offered.
The most enjoyable part was to learn new things, and mostly to be able to make someone realise how important is to have the policy to help them with unforeseen difficult situations.
We are family
Managers the brokers (Current Employee) –  Nelspruit, Mpumalanga7 March 2018
Like working there and is very challenging. It is targets monthly and keeps you on par. You. Need to visit your brokers daily and you earn override commission
Pros
Cons
Long hoirs
fun place to work
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Vanderbijlpark, Gauteng15 February 2018
It Gives me an opportunity to talk to different clients and advise them on the Financial Decision about their Funeral planning and have Financial Freedom in the case of dearth of any one insured to the policy
Pros
Cons
long Hours especially after hours
Productive and fun workplace
Learnership (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, Gauteng14 February 2018
At Avbob they make you feel like you are one of them, and each an every person opinion its important and they will allow you to speak out for yourself.
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal13 February 2018
Iam highly motivated and well organised individual that get easily with colleagues and love being in a team work. I have communication skills in verbal and writtings. And I can work under pressure and meet the dead lines.
Pros
I like to help others
Cons
Hard worker
learning and acquiring skills
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Makhado, Limpopo6 December 2017
I used to work as a sales representative, selling mainly funeral policies on the field daily to different individuals. Going to different places to make presentations so that the people can understand the services offered by the company. I learned sales techniques and communication skills. the management was helpful as they gave us guidelines as to approach clients. the colleagues were easy to work with and healthy competition was encouraged. it was not easy meeting targets and dealing with aggressive clients. mostly I enjoyed doing presentations to clients in groups. I also enjoyed on going to camps as a way of trying to get more clients
Pros
workshops and training
Cons
targets and long hours
Salary and benefits
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Potchefstroom, North West29 November 2017
There's no benefits and for me as a young mother to 4 young girls it's hard especially when its commission based i need a month to month income otherwise there would be a month when i don't have enough money to maintain my children
Pros
You work at own pace
Cons
It's only commission based
Performance-driven, incentive-based environment
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape17 October 2017
Thorough training in providing financial services and the writing up of policies was given before actual sales commenced. AVBOB has a sterling reputation and provides an impeccable service to their customers. This both strengthened my sales ability as well as nurtured compassion for families in times of bereavement.