AVI PVT. LTD Employee Reviews

Competitive and fast pace
field marketer (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal11 November 2019
The company do looks after their employees by giving them benefits such as company car,contract phone , medical aids, laptops etc. Sometimes stressing when trying to convince the buyer to order more stock and listing new product in a store
Experience
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Nelspruit, Mpumalanga2 September 2019
Most institutionally and monopolized environment I have ever worked for. Company needs to be drastically transformed to reflect the demographics of our country.
Good and very strict
field marketer (Current Employee) –  Mpumalanga8 July 2019
Your must know your stock, have experience in the field and go extra mile,be team player, honestly, work with pride in my work and act and be proud it
1,0
Coercive leadership style
Quality Controller (Current Employee) –  Gauteng, Isando13 June 2019
Avi pays better than most companies but the hours are long. Don't think you will get there and have an opinion because you won't. You will enter in an environment whereby you get alot of warnings or disciplinary hearing for small things even if its your first mistake and if you rant your colleagues you go eat breakfast with the operations manager. Quality department at the isando site is a scape goat for the problems in the company nobody wants to take responsibility and its a blame dismissal game where you don't expect to last very long. The morale is very low Qcs are told how useless they are. Mental health us important . It's not all about money.
Pros
Market related salary
Cons
Coercive leadership
Learnt alot
Procurement Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bryanston, Gauteng7 May 2019
Progressive company
Motivating
Helpful staff
Performed a variety of tasks
Had direct and good communication with thevaripus Business Units.
The BUS were very co operative.
Pros
Excellent mentor
4,0
Productive and talent enhancing workplace
Invoice clerk (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng26 February 2019
Working at Avi was inspiring, workers come in early in the morning. They encouraged excellence and I enjoyed the company benefits.Also like the fact that it a multicultural organisation.
Pros
Receiving gift hampers
4,0
Picker and checker (Former Employee) –  Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape21 April 2018
Avi is a compony that operates greatly,management always expect the employees to deliver as expected every time, and from that I've lean't somethings.
Pros
Christmas lunch
Cons
Long hours and overtimes
Great place to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng18 October 2017
Every day was different and interesting. Management was not the best. Interaction with clients and reaching targets was enjoyable. Work culture was energetic and creative.
Pros
Assisting with the buying.
Cons
Dealing with new management.
Warehouse environment
Logistics Quality Inspector (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng27 July 2017
Unfortunately i was not with AVI long enough to be able to give a review, however my interactions with staff was pleasant and it gave me first hand exposure to how the warehouse works
Pros
Very organised company and gives structure
3,0
a very fun fast paced company
Receptionist/Admin, Call Centre clerk (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng13 July 2017
A realy good company to work at as there is potential growth in the organisation.i learnt how to work in a time constraint environment and here i realised how i can work well under pressure.
Pros
free lunch, commission
High performance culture
Senior Group Accountant (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng11 July 2017
AVI Ltd has a high performance culture. The finance team is streamlined and highly effective.

The Illovo office houses the senior executives as well as their necessary reports.
4,0
very great company to work for
Accounts Administrator (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng12 April 2017
My position was contract but really enjoyed the environment. Friendly workmates who were eager to assist.
Meeting deadlines was enjoyable. Challenges in getting information from customers was the hardest part of the job.
Pros
friendly environment and treats
Cons
short term contract
Good learning oppertunities
Field Marketer (Former Employee) –  Western Cape31 March 2017
Every day is filled with challenges and i learned to always improvise.
The management is very supportive especially with help needed.
The hardest part of my work is the heavy boxes but i enjoyed it regardless.The best part of my job was that i could use my own initiative and that gives u the skill to always improvise.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Lots of physical labour
Fun Place To Work
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal9 March 2017
It's fun working here, great co-workers it's quite a crazy work environment. No long hours, alternate weekends and Sundays off. Hourly pay ain't bad compared to other retail stores.
Pros
40% discount
3,0
The work place is fine and safety
Graduate industrial engineer trainee (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal2 March 2017
The hardest part of our job as industrial engineers is having to develop an ability to be innovative consistently. Most of our cost saving projects that we have tried to initiate had not satisfied our expectations as a result of poor support from management and negative mentality of shop floor staff. From this experience i have learnt that continuous improvement teams must not only incorporate members from management but must also involve key personnel from shop floor, this will somehow eradicate resistance during execution of new practices and standards.

Through the field of industrial engineering i have gained knowledge and exposure in different functional areas of the organisation.
Pros
Good resource allocation for employees (Health programs, and refreshment areas)
Cons
When it comes to employee related issues, the company values production above employee satisfaction.
productive and vibrant
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg South, Gauteng10 February 2017
this is a good work environment to work in it provides people a chance to enhance their teamwork skills and leadership skills.and the productivity make employees to seek out better options for themselves
Pros
free stock
Small family run business
Specialist Planner Kurt Geiger Clothing (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg North, Gauteng7 February 2017
A typical day at work was to create spreadsheets to ensure we could analyze sales data. I didn't learn anything as the company was still being established and sourcing new reporting and planning systems.
The hardest part was manual reporting and calculation.
Pros
Opportunities for change in everyday ways of working.
Cons
No established reporting systems and data.
2,0
productive
field marketer (Former Employee) –  Mthatha, Eastern Cape24 January 2017
It was good to work there , I have enjoy from that company bt every company have its ups and downs. That company stick to the company rules like other company .
Pros
no free lunches
Cons
no long hours
3,0
very good proudly soouth african company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  cape town western cape epping13 January 2017
Very good standards.Very good principles.Market leader.Excellent products.Working hours great.Bonus structure great.Good future prospect.Top management structure still too white.
Pros
good strong products
Cons
top management structure too white
team work and productive
sales rep (Current Employee) –  johnessburg20 October 2016
I would be dedicated to my job and love what id be doing .work as a team to build character and for the benefit of the company Time puntucuality and neatness for representation of the company.most to maintain good relationship with fellow workers