Baker Hughes Incorporated

Baker Hughes Incorporated Employee Reviews

Found 13 reviews matching the search See all 5 128 reviews
5,0
Baker Hughes ensures a culture of learning
Applications and optimization engineer (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape4 April 2019
The best thing about Baker Hughes is the culture of learning. The organization is set-up to assist, whether it is peer-to-peer or through formal lectures Baker Hughes ensures that all have access to the various learning platforms and that one can change ones career and try something else.
Pros
Good learning culture, take care of people
Cons
sometimes poor support in projects
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kwazulu-Natal Vryheid9 February 2019
We usually worked monday to friday with a full uniform
It was enjoyable and fun we used to play(having jokes )
The hardest party at work when the boss having a conflict with us but didn't know the reason
We worked in peace and i enjoyed working there
I lean how to sever Customers
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short hours
Tax Accounting
Tax Accountant Sub- Saharan Africa (Former Employee) –  ZA1 December 2017
Very good company to work for and plenty of opportunity to progress. Opportunities to work in many other countries if you like traveling and the company is well structured in terms chain of auhtority
3,0
Work Exposure
Field Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ghana, South Africa and Kenya3 October 2017
Baker Hughes was a very lively place to work. With lots of promises at the beginning of employment but later find it difficult with career growth. It's either an excuse with no jobs or less experience to go into the field.
Challenging and rewarding environment
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape24 August 2017
Working in the oilfield industry is tough at times but always rewarding when assisting colleagues around the globe. I enjoyed the many travel opportunities which enabled me to further my knowledge about the company's systems and procedures.
Best workplace
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape16 August 2016
Great job. Lots of responsibilities. never stop learning. everyday is new with new challenges. you build your own reputation. I would work here again.
Pros
Great opportunity for career development and good benefits
Cons
would have been nice seeing my family more often
Diverse, challenging, interesting
Talent Acquisition Lead - Africa (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape18 July 2016
The best part of this role was to change and put world class solutions in place that were sustainable, addressed the business requirements and was challenging it its execution.

I travelled to places that are off the beaten track and enjoyed working in a multi-cultural environment.

One of the best things about working across Africa was affecting change and making a difference.

We were able to provide world class services to our managers and I am very proud of that.
Pros
Diversity and challenges
Cons
Hours
4,0
LWD Field Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape23 February 2016
very good company to work for. Good training program. Very good salary. Diverse company with ability to move inter departmentally. Good leave period.
Pros
good with training
Cons
quick to lay off
5,0
Productive for job seekers.
Research Scientist (Drilling Lab) (Former Employee) –  WC27 December 2015
Productive for job seekers. I have not yet received a feedback, but hopefully I will find something i will do for my summer internship.
3,0
Company is not proactive across its markets
Technical Support Engineer lll (Former Employee) –  last assignment Cape Town, WC11 July 2015
Had worked for considerable time in BJ Services until bought by Baker. For me was a huge step backward. Company is not aggressive in smaller markets.

All about bottom line and no attention to client satisfaction.

Inadequate field equipment.
Pros
Good package
Cons
Poor support to personnel and little chance to advance.
5,0
One of the best companies and the best program for the preparation, training and maintaining the quality, safety and security
Cementing Field Specialist III (Former Employee) –  QLD South Africa and the middle east3 May 2015
* To come to the workplace in the morning to attend the daily meeting and carry out the tasks required and the processing required for the next job

* I have learned to maintain security and safety rules of the company and the performance of the tasks required the best service and highest quality

*Organization and fair management with all employees

*Planning and implementation of the business.
Review work activities, job programs and job design in conjunction with client’s requirements.
Responsible for single products/services in a single legal entity. Emphasis on
Personnel development, operational excellence and customer satisfaction for the long term growth and profitability
*There is no difficulty in the work because the work team organized and everyone knows what is required to overcome all difficulties

*The most enjoyable part of the work is the completion of the work in a timely manner without any lost time and everything properly as required
Pros
Pros in the company is always training sessions to brief workers on the latest skills required
Cons
I cannot find cons throughout my work with the company over 23 years
4,0
Productive and nice environment to work in.
Tender Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, WC11 June 2013
Reviewing ITT and schedule meetings to discuss scope of work and the requirement for what the customer needs.
Coming from a financial back round, this help me to put the puzzles together in how the operations, sales and finance department work along side.
Good understanding with management.
I have no co-workers
It's to get the information from the individual departments before the bid submission are due.
It's when all come the pieces are compiled in a presentable folder and on the air plane to international companies for review.
Pros
100% medical aid
Cons
no growth opportunities