Barclays

Barclays Employee Reviews

5,0
A good company to work for
I would highly recommend working for the company as there are good benefits, medical aid, bonus, 13 cheque and other. Overtime may be requires but not that often and I worked from home so was able to work longer hours at my own pace if necessary.
Pros
Good benefits etc .... .
Cons
Can be long hours/ overtime
1,0
Unpleasant
Unpleasant leadership, bullying tactics used and not to mention contract terms and conditions always change to suit them in the hotseat. No body is willing to listen or turn the business around. Not people centric at all. It’s a numbers business and not a people business.
3,0
Pointless exercise
I don't understand why I need to rate South African companies on a website that does not cover recruitment in South Africa and will probably never be referred to by anybody. This is really a waste of time and effort
Customer driven
Although Barclays no longer in SA, they are looking after staff members. New technology ensure a better service. Very competitive bank. Fraud is taken seriously
productive
*it has values and interegrity
*it looks for it staff

*fair decision

*looks after their customer

*is a happy place to work /work as a team

*management is good
5,0
productive, educative and strict environment
Barclays was a productive organisation for me to work in. i would gladly go back but the operating environment is not permissive for businesses to operate in hence businesses are failing to remunerate employees.
3,0
Great place to learn
International exposure to best practices was awesome. In South Africa we are currently falling behind best practices as we are losing our best people.
5,0
Great company to work for
Best company to work for with a whole lot more job opportunities. Theres a variety of training and courses that are available for one to acquire certain skills.
4,0
My 15 years of experience allows me to believe ive learned a lot to be valuable to any company. I have an open mind to continue learning and make a difference in an environment I find myself in.
It is a good place

Flexible hours

Paid maternity leave

Big company
Rewarding Career
Values driven organization, demanding but fair work environment, excellent career opportunities, management acknowledge and reward performance, competitive salary and bonus
Management problem
Nice company to work for but management gives you a lot of stress. Work culture and environment very nice though. Job advancement very good. Growth in your personal life excellent.
Productive and challenging
Productive and challenging, onsite training, focused and fast paced environment, ITIL practitioner organisation, new technology environment, banking structure in place,
4,0
Good UK people and processes.
Very professional interview by Group CEO and entire Group Exco, followed by a day of IQ and psychometric tests and regular contact with a Group HR Director before offer made.

Enjoyed Barclays UK Culture and had good interfaces with my boss there but arrived in Barclays Africa to find a toxic, highly politicized environment and an Africa CEO totallbusiness and her leadership team !Africa CEO totally disconnected
4,0
Very productive and fun work place,and very diverse.
I loved working there,the environment is very friendly and a very fast paced place to work. The benefits is good but to grow in the company is very slow.
5,0
Fun workplace, flexibility on shifts
Part of my duties was to Perform high risk reviews and screening of clients by compiling reports. Sanctions screening PEP screening, performing full transactional analysis of clients, etc. I learnt so much when it comes to compliance as well as financial crime. Management had an open door policy and easily approachable.
Pros
Flexible hours
4,0
Allows for learning and self discovery
Allows you to be as flexible as possible so long as deliverables are released duly.
Learning and upskilling is second to none I have ever had, and it is always encourages.

Somewhat laboured to navigate protocol when it comes to team inter-dependencies
5,0
Absa is a competitive place to be.
Gowth is there and you ger to interact with different employees. The restructuring that occurs even now and the really help a person to get to know the product as awhoke and not just the function that limits you from exploring the service itself.
PD ratings
Very busy and you get to learn a lot
it is exciting get to learn a lot

exposure to clients

Incentivized

Activities encouragements growth

but you have to be an extremely hard work to work here
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Lot of overtime
Busy work environment
I have been working at Absa bank (Barclays Africa) for almost 5 years and I have lot learnt a lot and got an opportunity to work on lot of different technologies and vendors. The balance between job and life is the main issue. I end up working most of the evenings and weekends because no changes can be applied during the day.
Fun workplace
Great place to work in, the culture is so brilliant.
Great incentives and management they know what they doing.

The support you get is so amazing.

Great vibes