Barko Financial Services Employee Reviews

2,0
They run the company by emmosions
Loan consultant (Former Employee) –  Polokwane, Limpopo28 September 2019
Every branch manager has his/ her own rules that does not abide with the company rules.they treat you according to who you are.the area manager have affairs with his staff, when people find out he blame other staff members and threatens to shove them from work.
1,0
Great place to learn all aspect of sales, just not a conducive environment.
Loan Consultant (Former Employee) –  Nelspruit, Mpumalanga17 July 2019
Unless on pay-days; a typical day at work includes cold calling and following clients who defaulted on payments. Nonetheless I cannot take away the fact that they provide you with a thorough training.

The work place wasn't conducive for one to prosper. Management is condescending and care less about your well-being. All they care about is reaching targets, whether in deathbed or not. One had to fight to get a leave be it a study leave or sick leave. And yet the training center encourages you to continue studying.

The most enjoyable part for me was to work from branch to another, therefore networking and meeting different interesting people.
Pros
Free lunch & bonus when reaching target for 3 consecutive months.
Cons
Long hours, No overtime paid.
Pinetown, Nongoma, witbank2, Durban1
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Nongoma, KwaZulu-Natal28 May 2019
Its a good company which I a gained lot even today I always see myself as employee of this company through team work I learn a lot from this company you can lean a lot as well
I love this company with all my heart
If I can given another chance to work here I will show them and never ever lesson to other employee because they can make your do mistakes just because they want your position,but nothing bad with company its good company I ever met of which even today I always tell people how good it is
Financial Service Consultant
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ulundi, KwaZulu-Natal16 May 2019
I was work as Financial Service Consultant. I create deals when the customer open an account, making loans application, Cashier, Insurance claims, Prospecting, customer services.
Pros
Financial Service Consultant
Cons
Full hours
3,0
I found it interesting working with people
Teller (Former Employee) –  Richards Bay, KwaZulu-Natal27 February 2019
Most people like barko benefit or service that why i want to work for the winning team and also i love working with people and computer and barko is the company that can give me that chance
Pros
Free meals
Cons
10 hour a day
Happy, growing but challenging
loan consultant (Former Employee) –  Thabazimbi, Limpopo,Polokwane and bela bel15 September 2018
Working for BFS is developing as a first job in the sales and finance industry I think it is a good starting ground . You are taught a lot about good client services and building a good working environment. One challenge with the company is that the opportunity for growth is very limited the highest you can go from being consultant is branch manager and that's about it. Another challenge is salary rate is very low and negotiating for an increase is very close to difficult or impossible. Relocating a lot is also a big challenge in the company, you could relocate about 3-4 times on average in a 2 year cycle.
Pros
Happy working environment
Cons
Salary and Relocating a lot
loan consultant (Former Employee) –  White River, Mpumalanga30 August 2018
Barko financial services is a good place to work at there are many job opportunities. I have learned a lot about administration and good ethics work .
Pros
N/a
Cons
Long hours, less salary
3,0
Good place to work, but with no job security and benefits
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Ga-Rankuwa, Gauteng31 July 2018
worked well with my superior and colleagues in other branches and within the branch. enjoyed serving the community of Garankuwa. Lovely place to work for
Pros
free drinks
Cons
they decide for you on how to run the branch, no proper strategy
More productive. Excellent client service
Branch manager (Current Employee) –  Malelane24 January 2018
Barko has been great all these years. I have learn so many things. Including serving clients with a good services. Learn how to be successful in life.
Pros
Free lunch when target is reached
4,0
Productive and more exposure.
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Louis Trichardt, Limpopo14 July 2017
I am a diligent person, kind of person who start a task and finish it, I don't postpone my work. Integrity and time management is my baseline. Its me.
Pros
1 hour only
Cons
Yes, on busy days
Productive environment
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Belfast, Mpumalanga30 May 2017
Apply good work ethics anf you will definitely grow and work well with others, always be professional and meet all deadlines in order to show that you're reliable
Pros
Experience
Cons
Working conditions are difficult
2,0
Client Service
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Cape Town7 March 2017
Making the client feel like a King or Queen. I've learned a lot of administrative skills and Banking skills. This Position I worked Stretched my Character and forced me to Grow personally. Working under pressure became Normal and a Daily task. Paying attention to detail became second nature. Above all Managing a team was agreat responsibility but a great pleasure.
challenging and fun
BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Benoni, Gauteng8 February 2017
Easily adapt to change
Treat clients as best friend
Be courageous
Self motive
Be a go getter and proactive
After sale services
Inform and add value
Be the change u want to see
Pros
awads
TELLER/ CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal19 January 2017
Its good work place to be in. It help[s you to gain experience more especially in working with people. its just that they need to work on salaries and balancing personal life and work.
5,0
Productive and friendly and safe workpkace
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Newcastle kzn31 December 2016
I'm very innovative, punctual, motivated and work well in a team.I would really love a chances to prove my capabilities.
Pros
Lunch breaks
4,0
Productive and well for foundation
Barko Financial (Former Employee) –  Mafikeng13 December 2016
I am grateful for the opportunity I got to be part of the company, You actually learn to diversify when you are with this company and when you are willing to learn you can learn a lot to an extend that you can run your own company because as a branch manager you do 80% of the work, it was a really good foundation for my career and was my first job and I am where I am because of this foundation.
Pros
Enjoy free cold drink each day, refreshment, braai and a friendly workplace
Cons
Long hours, no benefits such as medical aid, death benefits e.t.c and salary not market related
4,0
The work place is fun and still productive
loan consultant (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape13 December 2016
The work environment is really productive ans exciting to work in.There is how ever a need for more focus on employee care and security
Pros
Free snacks, lunch
Cons
Long working hours.lake of security
productive
services desk consultant (Former Employee) –  Pretoria, Gauteng11 May 2016
we would go for training and be awarded for passing all your assignments,incentives for reaching targets,we would get golden goose twice a year for perfoming store.
marketing
Senior loan consultant (Current Employee) –  polokwane31 October 2013
*iam issung loans and capturing data for the new clients.
*learned lot about money,punctuality and respect
*top management but tough
*my co workers are friendly and i love them all
*auditing another branches files and preparing files for garnish
*always meet new faces
Pros
we have 1 hour lunch
Cons
30 minutes tea time
target driven pl
branch manger (Former Employee) –  boksburg22 April 2013
typical day at work has to be more productive,plannig of achieving loans,problem solving and taking one step ahead on duty.
i have learned to be patient with clients and creating ideas on how to
deal with on head challenge.manangement is always positive that we can do better even though there are certain obstacles of managerial criteria.there co-workers always need leadership to be shown the way.the hardest part of the job is meeting dead lines and the given targets when they are impossible to meet.reaching targets
is the most enjoyable because is less pressure but hard work being done.
Pros
n/a