Barloworld Equipment Employee Reviews in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal

4,0
Nice place
Vacation work student (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal26 January 2017
I was a bursary student and did vacation work here. I only spent a few disjointed months here during my vacation. I'm sorry, there isn't much more I can say as I was barely an employee there, but this review is compulsory.
5,0
Very large company with several sub-businesses
After Sales Co-Ordinator (Former Employee) –  Durban, ZN29 April 2014
Very well managed company, utilising SAP as an operating programme

I used my Excel and Word abilities to a very large degree whilst in this company, drawing up budget forecasts, trends and achievements, pivot tables to monitor turnovers in various categories of the business and preparing service contracts for the team of reps for whom I offered a support function

Also arranged Customer Days which would include the invitations, creation of presentation documentation, CD's etc as well as arranging for the venue, catering etc..

I was fortunate enough to be involved in not only the earthmoving plant side of the business (i.e. Caterpillar Backhoe Loaders, Excavators, Off Highway Trucks, Graders, etc etc) but also in the Marine and Industrial Engine side of the business, which was a relatively new area of the business in Durban, and which I was involed in from its inception there about two years prior to my emigrating to Australia

Very fortunate to have worked with very dynamic and responsible people with excellent work ethics.
Pros
Stable company with good performance incentives
Cons
Some unrealistic targets set at times but nothing really major
5,0
Lots of stability.
PA/Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  First Durban / Johannesburg15 January 2013
The company as a lot of stability. Had gained a lot of work experience.
Had learned SAP.

Had worked for the company for 17 years.
Fantastic people. Reason for looking to move - needed a change.
Also to work close to home MIdrand. Would also love to work in Durban. Thats where I come from. When we have dead lines to complete we worked even when it meant working long hours to complete the job.
Pros
love when we have our odd occasions when we socialised with pitzas and cakes.
Cons
we worked - at the end of the year we had our insentives and bonuses.