Barloworld Equipment

Barloworld Equipment Employee Reviews in Durban, KwaZulu-Natal

great working environment
reman controller (Former Employee) –  durban16 February 2020
great team work environment, I learnt a lot about heavy equipment and machinery, customer service.

hardest part of my job is carrying heavy parts as I do suffer with lower back pain

we have a safety culture and being in a good team makes my job enjoyable
Enjoyable and very productive
Sales Admin and SAP Super User (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal22 August 2018
I really worked nice and people and management around me were good. They were also happy with my output hence I was promoted and changed departments more than three times.
5,0
Very large company with several sub-businesses
After Sales Co-Ordinator (Former Employee) –  Durban, ZN29 April 2014
Very well managed company, utilising SAP as an operating programme

I used my Excel and Word abilities to a very large degree whilst in this company, drawing up budget forecasts, trends and achievements, pivot tables to monitor turnovers in various categories of the business and preparing service contracts for the team of reps for whom I offered a support function

Also arranged Customer Days which would include the invitations, creation of presentation documentation, CD's etc as well as arranging for the venue, catering etc..

I was fortunate enough to be involved in not only the earthmoving plant side of the business (i.e. Caterpillar Backhoe Loaders, Excavators, Off Highway Trucks, Graders, etc etc) but also in the Marine and Industrial Engine side of the business, which was a relatively new area of the business in Durban, and which I was involed in from its inception there about two years prior to my emigrating to Australia

Very fortunate to have worked with very dynamic and responsible people with excellent work ethics.
Pros
Stable company with good performance incentives
Cons
Some unrealistic targets set at times but nothing really major
Lots of stability.
PA/Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  First Durban / Johannesburg15 January 2013
The company as a lot of stability. Had gained a lot of work experience.
Had learned SAP.

Had worked for the company for 17 years.
Fantastic people. Reason for looking to move - needed a change.
Also to work close to home MIdrand. Would also love to work in Durban. Thats where I come from. When we have dead lines to complete we worked even when it meant working long hours to complete the job.
Pros
love when we have our odd occasions when we socialised with pitzas and cakes.
Cons
we worked - at the end of the year we had our insentives and bonuses.