Barloworld Equipment Employee Reviews

Learning Enviroment & Teamwork lives in them
Technology/Minestar Technician (Current Employee) –  Boksburg, Gauteng6 December 2017
learned a lot from this job as it was first my job after graduating,
its a place with teamwork,learning and development environment that is what is.Salary and benefits are good but as individual you have to push a good salary and benefits and according to the performance you taking out.it was my first time working fr a full complete private company. with the Experience i received i am confident to say i am fit to get into other organizations.
They compliment and reward
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Gauteng29 November 2017
Doing different things everyday and growing,collegeus always help each other,there is no underestimating and we are all equal.People get rewarded for their hard-working
Pros
We have braai's sometimes
Cons
We work overtime
hectict but fun working
Office Admin/Data Capturer (Former Employee) –  Isando, Johannesburg18 September 2017
a very busy department, requires very time management, learn new system, good working environment and I enjoyed getting my job completed on time and accurate
Pros
working hours
Cons
long travilling
5,0
Productive and safe working place
General mechanic (Current Employee) –  Venetia mine limpopo22 August 2017
I enjoy everything I do at my work place ,as i learn everyday ,and be responsible and taking care off all my machine operators safety ,in order to achieve a productive .
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Work extra hours
4,0
Earthmoving Equipment Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Postmasburg, Northern Cape6 August 2017
Nice place to work at, i started as a apprentice and did my trade, the people in the workplace is supportive and wiling to help, the hardest part of the work is working with heavy components
Pros
Experience
Cons
Salary
3,0
Good Place to work for and development for their employees
Earthmoving Equipment Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Boksburg, Gauteng5 July 2017
Barloword is a good company to work for , retrenching their employees is a last resort for the company, they would rather relocate you if they no longer can afford you.

Benefits like

Medical Aid and Provident Fund

but Salary is not always good.
Pros
Benefits- Medical Aid, Provident fund
Cons
Long hours and Bad salary
5,0
Care for it's people and exciting work place.
Warehouse/Parts Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Potgietersrus, Limpopo15 May 2017
Barloworld is one of the best employers around and really takes care of their people.

They always live by the motto that they deal in people witch is true. I will gladly work for a company such as Barloworld Equipment again if the opportunity presents itself.
Pros
Great company benefits.
Cons
Long hours, but overtime paid.
productive
millwright (Current Employee) –  Potgietersrus, Limpopo25 April 2017
morning meeting where we discuss safety. we then receive our schedule for the day. I have learned that you must be willing to go the extra mile to work towards a productive day.
Pros
no free luches
5,0
Understand the companies objectives and goals.
Controller (Former Employee) –  Isando, Gauteng10 April 2017
Everyday is a new day with new challenges, to be productive never a boring day. Safety is no1 priority in this company. Understand the companies objectives and goals. Good interaction with colleagues, learning from one another. Co-workers, we respect and value people with different opinions, diversity training was given, investing in staff.
The hardest part of the job, is at year end trying to make targets.
I have learned a lot working for Barloworld, customer comes first and Professionalism, Respect from the co workers, loyalty for the brand is of utmost importance to make a success of the business.
I learned that you can achieve anything if your mind is right. The most enjoyable part of my job is knowing when I go home I made a customer internally or externally happy/satisfied.
Pros
Brilliant Medical Aid
Cons
No Growth in our department.
Fun and productive
Maintenance facility administration (Current Employee) –  Boksburg, Gauteng2 April 2017
Starting at Barloworld felt like a grade one starting primary school,but alot of hands was there to assist.Barloworld gives its people alot and would recommend anyone to this company.
Pros
Free overtime meals
2,0
Unfair and no integrity
Generela Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Boksburg, Gauteng27 March 2017
Management have no authority and the workplace is ruled by HR. Good learning environment and knowledge gain. No room for growth as you are only a number.
Developing young professionals,
Graduate Trainee (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng20 March 2017
The Company hosts develops young professionals like myself. The experience is fairly great, as we rotate around the company, joining different department. This gives exposure to different kinds of enviroments and different jobs. You actually get a sense of how each department works, and how that helps the company grow as a whole. One realizes the value and importance of each department.
Pros
great experience
Cons
salary
3,0
Its great work place full of challenges
Generator Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Gauteng, Gauteng12 March 2017
I enjoy the challenging environment. I dont enjoy that there is no growth to other positions. Also staying in Johannesburg is not safe. Its a good company medicals / company vehicles/ pension fun.
Pros
I like working and thinking on my feet
Cons
There s no growth in the company.
Productive and Fun
Auto-Electrician (Current Employee) –  Kroonstad, Free State7 February 2017
Everyday is a new day with new challenges . Planning is done and each person is allocated a job. If there is any electrical breakdowns, I will attend them and if I am done with them I will move over to doing maintenance on the machines that has been planned for maintenance that day. My maintenance on the Electrical side of the machine includes checking of the batteries and testing them ,checking all the electrical harness on the machine and doing ET downloads with the laptop. Inspecting and testing the starter motors and starting cables.
Pros
Transport to place of work
Cons
unfairness
4,0
The company is very productive and good work ethics
Earthmoving mechanic (Current Employee) –  South Africa31 January 2017
It's good company to work for and Job security you can assure of, as long you follow procedures and have sober habits, understand the companies objectives and goals then you will grow . The only thing that can spoil good receipt is the chef . I can recommend people to work for this company.
Pros
Cons
Lunch time yes
Nice place
Vacation work student (Former Employee) –  Durban, KwaZulu-Natal26 January 2017
I was a bursary student and did vacation work here. I only spent a few disjointed months here during my vacation. I'm sorry, there isn't much more I can say as I was barely an employee there, but this review is compulsory.
Graduate General (Former Employee) –  Boksburg, Gauteng15 January 2017
The working life is great. They develop leaders . They are great with mentorship and empowering young leaders. They are a good company to start your career.
productive and learning
technical analysist report writer (Current Employee) –  gauteng10 January 2017
very busy
teamwork and integrity
working under pressure due to costumer wanting their component
is to working on different types of earthmoving machin
Work fun and challenging
Technology Technician (Current Employee) –  Boksburg, Gauteng2 January 2017
Lots of travelling regionally since Technology department covers southern Africa,Lesotho, Botswana, Namibia and whole of South Africa,Mining Technology products always changing and greatly improved computer skills.
Productive Work PLace
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg28 September 2016
• Wrote copy, editing company promotional material from technical language to customer benefit focussed.
• Created De-M mailing files and response templates.
• Forecasted Sales and calculated net promoter scores for the following quarter.
• Performed a communication audit on Barloworld Marketing Campaign.
• Performed Qualitative analysis in order to derive targets for sales and customer retention rates.