BCX Employee Reviews

Productive work place
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Temporary10 December 2018
When working under valuations I thoroughly enjoyed the people and the experience I gained. However, BCX consulting firm was very disorganized and never sought to staff once our contract was up at the City of Joburg.
Pros
Flexi Hour
Cons
Temporary
team
data scientist (Former Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng12 November 2018
BCX is a great company with, with happy and open employees who make every day fun. so its always easy to go back the following day.
although there might be some internal issues, the system Is working well.
Pros
great flexiable hours
Productive and Well Balanced
Data Science Intern (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape18 October 2018
BCX Insights is a great place to be in, they have a very good work-life balance and continue to grow careers and skills across the country by investing in the tech talent.
Pros
2 remote work days per week
Admin temp (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape17 August 2018
I was a temp I worked 2-3 times a week. The hours were good no weekends. They are very professional an punctual an theres room for growth. The only down fall was family members couldn't work together
Filled to the brim with experience and hard core work
Customer engineer (Current Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng18 June 2018
A daunting environment full of hoops to hurtle through. There is a lot of space to grow here, the management structure lacks in comunication at times but very supportive overall.

The general employee mindset is a bit narrowmnded in the sense that you have to find the right peron to help you learn the ropes, otherwise, you are on your own.

Over all, if you want a challenging work environment with lots of shinanigans behind a desk, this is the place for you.

Personally, I'm comfortable here, the food is good too :D
Pros
Very good overtime
Cons
Very stressful with long hours
Good Company, client driven.
Principal Consultant (Current Employee) –  South Africa3 May 2018
A very large company with lots of expectations.Work under lots of stress 40 hours plus (weekends). No propper communication network between management and employees. No 13th cheque on incentive sheme. An income driven company - strive to exceed budget targets.
Most enjoyable part is to consult with clients and spend time on the client sites. Know my job and keep clients satisfied at all times. Walk the extra mile to get the job done.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Poor company communication
System Adminstrator
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Southern Suburbs, Western Cape9 April 2018
Avilibility of application during B/H. Do End user support and cleanup. Adhoc and daily reports, monitor the application and ensure user have acces. If new user in company, assist to get him access to the network to be able to work. Do adhoc request in general of Health and Safety enviroment, log fault with maintance company.
Over the year I learn, customer focus bring customer satisfacsion, this is internal or external. In the work place is respect to others thinking and manners to bring all as a team togeter to work togeter towards a goal. This have a challange to follow the governance that the end user must follow and understand to have a QA product on the end. If the results is been delivered to management on a report to show the improvement.
Great Team working with
IT Custom Engineer. 1st line Support (Current Employee) –  Klerksdorp, North West23 March 2018
Going to work is always fun because my 1st line team is like family and we always work together. If one of us have nothing to do he or she will always help were they can.

Just like a team is suppose to work
Cons
9 hours a day
Busy but respectfull
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Nelspruit, Mpumalanga13 March 2018
We are always busy here, but sometimes the bosses buy us lunch to say thank you for our hardwork and it really means alot when the interact thus way with us. Meetings are always Strict and straight foward.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Strict
AIX Support
Snr Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng1 February 2018
Supported AIX Servers for various customers, I was a troubleshooter and problem solver. I enhanced current systems and built new ones. Exciting job that i liked except for the work environment.
I worked for a division of BCX - NGA Africa.
Principal Consultant - Payroll (Former Employee) –  Century City, Western Cape10 April 2017
I spent very little time at the office because my typical work week was spent at client sites. I worked with the Qpac payroll package (used as the payroll engine in Unique and Dynamique) and am still passionate about it.The hardest part of my job was irregular working hours, in that my working day was often a long one. What I loved most was the continuous challenge to find the best solutions for client requirements.
Interesting
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg9 February 2017
Consulting different people in different countries and work ethnics. To convey message in French dominant countries. We were able to achieve same goal
Cons
Understanding different accent
Company with many opportunities
Principal Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Welkom, Free State17 November 2016
I love a challenge and supporting clients. My co-workers are family orientated and are pleasant people. My manager care for every person she is responsible for. I have learned that there is always a way to solve a problem, some take longer than others but there is always a solution.
fun place to work at
operator (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP11 September 2014
busy someday.
teamwork
good
team players
nothing hard
everyday pushes you to come back to work
Pros
traininning
Cons
limited
My Journey
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, WC30 May 2014
My journey has opened many doors, allowing me to apply my formal training in the organizational behaviour domain as well my learnt skills in the Global service management arena. My flare for people and my understanding of organisational behaviour make me well suited for both a process driven and a task driven environment. I thrive on challenges and consider myself extremely self-motivated. I am meticulous, efficient and conscientious, with an exceptional eye for detail and always ensure that work is delivered to the highest possible standard. I consider customer relations management, people management and Service delivery to be my natural strengths. The ability to adapt and manage change is a necessity to thrive in a fast changing industry; this is a refined skill that has served me well in life. The ideal employment for me has to allow for an opportunity to be creative, to mentor people and to achieve service excellence.
Pros
Service excellence
Cons
resource shortages
See CV
Advisory Doc Man Consultant / Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Midrand, GP14 October 2013
See CV
Implementation and Support Manager

Principle Business Consultant / Pre-sales Support specialist / Bid manager.

Strategic and Enterprise Architecture.

Exelent coworkers and support from management
A motivated fun Enviroment
Supervisor Operations (Current Employee) –  Midrand, GP4 July 2013
I found that every day has its own challenges which keeps it interesting. the company values its employees and codes of ethics. I enjoy the company because of the motivation driven and passion behind every project taken on. The teams work together and there is a lot to be learned.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Salary
Productive and accurate
Administrative buyer (Current Employee) –  Midrand8 May 2013
I am a very hard working SAP expierienced buyer with a very busy working day. I have learned how to be effecient and accurate and to work very systematic. Management can improve a lot, get along with most co-workers (there is always a odd unpleasand individual causing trouble). The hardest part of the job is to not get board, and to deal with unfairness. The most enjoyable part of the job is to have good co workers relationships and to GET THE JOB done accurately.
Pros
Productive incentives or bonusses
Great Company
Customer Engineer (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg7 May 2013
All Desktop/Server Support including installation of specific applications as well as maintaining Active Directory. Configuring mail and setting up of company specific applications such as Microsoft dynamics, SAS, Sametime, Oracle, Goldmine and all Microsoft office products. Also to ensure optimum functioning of desktops and laptops. Connecting & configuring printers – both desktop & printers that are on the server. Ensuring Internet & Intranet applications function with all correct settings in the browser – including exceptions for the proxy server as this company has a lot of websites that are accessible internally. Prepping & setting up new computers according to client specifications – with installation of all software & moving of data from previous machines, including their mail & personal documents. Deploying these computers according to client designated SLAs. Attending to Phone call queries related to IT problems in both Hardware & Software. As well as responding to mail queries of the same nature. Assisting users over the phone to resolve these issues as much as possible, then using Tivoli, VNC and Dame Ware - if remote support cannot be done, I will visit the user at his/her desk & sort the problem out and dealing with exterior vendors for repairs to hardware that is still under warranty. We have certain SLA that need to be met & different calls have different SLAs. With this, client satisfaction is of utmost importance & what can we do to improve client satisfaction is also inquired about?
Boring and un-motivating
Project Controller (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Midrand9 April 2013
Staff are friendly. Absolutely nothing exciting about being here. Have work to do but find it boring. Don’t even have to use my brain
Pros
free parking
Cons
happy seeing bums on seats, doesn’t matter if you productive or not….