BCX Employee Reviews

Good working environment
Junior Facility Controller (Current Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng7 May 2019
Very educational and the company takes care of its employees. I have recently just joined the company. but i am on contract hence i am looking for something more permanent
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
1,0
worst company to work for
Service desk consultant (Former Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng7 February 2019
glorified Amistad, no humanity at all, no growth, nothing good to say about the company. the management level is a cartoon casting. always short staffed but taking more and more clients. no recognition or rewards.
Pros
pays bills
Cons
enslavement
Program and Product Management
Program Manager, BCX (Current Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng21 January 2019
Predominantly office bound, interfacing with pre-sales, sales, product management, operational support, and suppliers of BCX to drve the strategic initiatives and program plan. Requires tenacity and a positive attitude as it is easy to get lost in the crowd, but just as easy to stand out in the crowd.

Culture has been good but recent cuts obviously impacting negatively.
Pros
Mobile phone with contract. Flexible working hours. Open to innovation.
Cons
Large complex organisational structure hinders agility.
4,0
productive and good organisational culture
client financial management specialist (Current Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng18 January 2019
growth opportunities, great organisational culture, you learn a lot about other business units and what they contribute to the work place, and what other divisions you can lean from to add to your career aspects.
Fastgrowing ICT Company
Personal Assistant / Secretary (Current Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng8 January 2019
I enjoy working for the Company and I have been providing assistance in the Sales and Corporate sections of the business. I enjoy being part of a highly effective teams that has set goals and is performance driven.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
Restructuring of Company
2,0
Productive work place
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Temporary10 December 2018
When working under valuations I thoroughly enjoyed the people and the experience I gained. However, BCX consulting firm was very disorganized and never sought to staff once our contract was up at the City of Joburg.
Pros
Flexi Hour
Cons
Temporary
Fun working
IT infrastructure (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape22 November 2018
Fun working

Busy busy more bus and busy again.

About new technology

Very good work culture

Transport

Make my Coffee is the most enjoyable time at work.
team
data scientist (Former Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng12 November 2018
BCX is a great company with, with happy and open employees who make every day fun. so its always easy to go back the following day.
although there might be some internal issues, the system Is working well.
Pros
great flexiable hours
Productive and Well Balanced
Data Science Intern (Current Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape18 October 2018
BCX Insights is a great place to be in, they have a very good work-life balance and continue to grow careers and skills across the country by investing in the tech talent.
Pros
2 remote work days per week
Admin temp (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape17 August 2018
I was a temp I worked 2-3 times a week. The hours were good no weekends. They are very professional an punctual an theres room for growth. The only down fall was family members couldn't work together
4,0
Filled to the brim with experience and hard core work
Customer engineer (Current Employee) –  Centurion, Gauteng18 June 2018
A daunting environment full of hoops to hurtle through. There is a lot of space to grow here, the management structure lacks in comunication at times but very supportive overall.

The general employee mindset is a bit narrowmnded in the sense that you have to find the right peron to help you learn the ropes, otherwise, you are on your own.

Over all, if you want a challenging work environment with lots of shinanigans behind a desk, this is the place for you.

Personally, I'm comfortable here, the food is good too :D
Pros
Very good overtime
Cons
Very stressful with long hours
4,0
Good Company, client driven.
Principal Consultant (Current Employee) –  South Africa3 May 2018
A very large company with lots of expectations.Work under lots of stress 40 hours plus (weekends). No propper communication network between management and employees. No 13th cheque on incentive sheme. An income driven company - strive to exceed budget targets.
Most enjoyable part is to consult with clients and spend time on the client sites. Know my job and keep clients satisfied at all times. Walk the extra mile to get the job done.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Poor company communication
System Adminstrator
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Southern Suburbs, Western Cape9 April 2018
Avilibility of application during B/H. Do End user support and cleanup. Adhoc and daily reports, monitor the application and ensure user have acces. If new user in company, assist to get him access to the network to be able to work. Do adhoc request in general of Health and Safety enviroment, log fault with maintance company.
Over the year I learn, customer focus bring customer satisfacsion, this is internal or external. In the work place is respect to others thinking and manners to bring all as a team togeter to work togeter towards a goal. This have a challange to follow the governance that the end user must follow and understand to have a QA product on the end. If the results is been delivered to management on a report to show the improvement.
Great Team working with
IT Custom Engineer. 1st line Support (Current Employee) –  Klerksdorp, North West23 March 2018
Going to work is always fun because my 1st line team is like family and we always work together. If one of us have nothing to do he or she will always help were they can.

Just like a team is suppose to work
Cons
9 hours a day
Busy but respectfull
IT Technician (Current Employee) –  Nelspruit, Mpumalanga13 March 2018
We are always busy here, but sometimes the bosses buy us lunch to say thank you for our hardwork and it really means alot when the interact thus way with us. Meetings are always Strict and straight foward.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Strict
AIX Support
Snr Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Midrand, Gauteng1 February 2018
Supported AIX Servers for various customers, I was a troubleshooter and problem solver. I enhanced current systems and built new ones. Exciting job that i liked except for the work environment.
3,0
I worked for a division of BCX - NGA Africa.
Principal Consultant - Payroll (Former Employee) –  Century City, Western Cape10 April 2017
I spent very little time at the office because my typical work week was spent at client sites. I worked with the Qpac payroll package (used as the payroll engine in Unique and Dynamique) and am still passionate about it.The hardest part of my job was irregular working hours, in that my working day was often a long one. What I loved most was the continuous challenge to find the best solutions for client requirements.
Interesting
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg9 February 2017
Consulting different people in different countries and work ethnics. To convey message in French dominant countries. We were able to achieve same goal
Cons
Understanding different accent
Company with many opportunities
Principal Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Welkom, Free State17 November 2016
I love a challenge and supporting clients. My co-workers are family orientated and are pleasant people. My manager care for every person she is responsible for. I have learned that there is always a way to solve a problem, some take longer than others but there is always a solution.
fun place to work at
operator (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, GP11 September 2014
busy someday.
teamwork
good
team players
nothing hard
everyday pushes you to come back to work
Pros
traininning
Cons
limited